Options

Tuesday 18th April 2006

124»

Comments

• Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭
    Stopit nrg-b - I REALLY fancy a big glass of red wine this evening but I'm NOT going to have one!!!
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    evening

********Amendment to this mornings post************

What: diddly squat
    Why: No time
    Last Hard: Whatever i said this morning

FAB - sorry to hear about that, but better than doing yourself permanent damage by running . No consolation i know.

Going have an early night
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Much respect MOL, a splendid and stirring report.

FAB.. what wretched fortune, many commiserations. I will join you in praying for a miracle.

Minks.. for the last 4 years me & clubmates organise a taxi to Blackheath from County Hall. We find it more relaxing than the trains, on site by 8am so worth the outlay in our view. Mind you, last year they twigged that it was FLM day so I had to be fairly persuasive!

Relax K9, I'm off out for a couple of beers shortly. The last time I gave up alcohol for a week before FLM (1999) I collapsed at 25m, had to walk to the finish and recorded a PW. One of my clubmates said to me afterwards 'serves you right for changing your usual routine'{o: Friday & Saturday will be dry days though.

6.5 miles with clubmates, moderate pace with a few surges thrown in.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Welcome Hanneke

Sorry to hear your news FAB..

What - last 3m run before the challange

Why - Works Marathon Challange on Thursday (get max points for going sub 4 so thats the aim)

Last hard - maidenhead last Fri

Last rest - Sat

Take care
  • Options
    that's tough luck FAB.

Welcome Hanneke.
  • Options
    Evening all,

Rubbish day at work followed by first night at running club.

Found myself runnning a "good" 8 mile run off-road with amongst others, the club captain and president. Who also happens to organise the Dublin marathon. So, obviously I had to push to keep up.

Pretty bushed now.

Glad to see so many on the mend.
  • Options
    RFJ -you won't have any trouble there :-)
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    K9: Mmmmmm, I'm sooooo stuffed. Now where did that bottle go?

In fact, I may take some alcoholic beverages with me to Mudchute on Sunday. Only to be used for medicinal purposes.

hiccup! ;-)))

Actually isn't there a marathon in France which serves red wine at the drink stations?
  • Options
    What: 8 miles
    Why: Because everyone else did.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    That will be the Medoc Marathon nrg. e.g.- a selection of fine meats and pates washed down by a fine glass of Chablis - just what you want at the 22 mile refreshment station {o:
  • Options
    When was that again Wardi?

Do they do a marathon on the Isle of Islay?
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Blisters, they do a 1/2 marathon on Islay in August. Unfortunately it doesn't pass many of the distilleries!
  • Options
  • Options
    Evening,

TmRoo, don't listen to them, I'm an ideal running partner! (only other person I could think of has mysteriously disappeared to Europe for a 2 week climbing trip)
    NZC, it's not actually a pair's race but we were being big girls' blouses deciding to run together by way of preparation for the Saunders - hopefully nothing will stand in the way of that...
    Hilly, I will accept your excuses on this one occasion:)

God I'm getting nervous just reading about your tapering. I really wish I lived closer as I would definitely be there to support you - will be with you all in my thoughts for sure.

FAB, gutted for you, seems most unfair to have got injured again.

K9, oh dear, ceiling doesn't sound good, either.

Did an hour over the scar, shockingly tired considering I'd not run for 2 days.
  • Options
    Blisters - usually sponsored by Ardbeg.
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good evening, just a late night visit to wish all the FLMers the best of luck on Sunday. That’s Beanz, Big David, FAB (?), Blisters, Drew, K9, Minks, Scobos, Tiger Runner, TmR, Wardi, Podro, JEJ, Hilly, SGQ, AJH, Snapstinger, Hippo, Aud, AF and MikeB. Also appoloises to any one I’ve left out. I’ve been following your ups and downs avidly over the past few weeks. I hope you can all do your best – but most of all enjoy the experience.

Best wishes

Tom
  • Options
    Pammie, you and me alike. Getting back there, so:

15 x 30secwith 30sec rec at 19.5kph and 0.5%. I find short reps much easier than the 800s or mile reps so this is an easy re-intro to some of the harder stuff.

MOL The mind boggles. Respect++

NRG.B Nice to rest back on your laurels and watch the FLMers at it on Sunday!

BTW Good luck FLMites on Sunday, (partic Hilly)

Scooby, are you going to make sure of things when you do the 1:5 next time. Hills are my worst enemy!

FAB :-(

GArmins? I use mine set at the average pace for the session. It’s hopelessly inaccurate for on the spot pacing even with ‘smoothing’. The 305 may be better??

BR thinking of travelling down to spectate so would be interested in the’ mobile support unit’ programme.

Welcome Hanneke:-)
  • Options
    FAB
    I am really sorry to hear about the calf

Forgot to say well done to Simon-nice to see you coming back running
    oh hell
    i am tired and i havent read back
    I am not tparing as such, but am getting all the syptoms in sympathy
  • Options
  • Options
    Stuart L 2 - Yes I did!

Scooby - You're in the SW then?

What: Rest
    Why: Race yesterday & still not 3 weeks from mara
    Last hard: Yesterday

Club night tomorrow.
  • Options
    Blisters, I believe there is a very tough fell race on Jura, and I know there is a very fine distillery there.

How about it, SR :-)
  • Options
    Such a pitty I have course next weekend and cannot come and cheer on those who I know and those I don't know that are running the FLM.

Does feel comfortable though, having already run my spring one! Yippeeeh! Looking forward to Amsterdam in the autumn.