Garmin Forerunner 305 problems anyone else ?

14567810»

Comments

• My 305 is 2 to 3 years old, I've had no problems whatsoever (apart from losing sync with the satelite on the odd occassion) but this morning I was warming up on the treadmill prior to a "spinning class", had my 305 on "indoors mode" (not tracking the satelite), after a couple of minutes, the watch screen started to flicker with all different views of the watch face, I could not do anything with it, turn it off, use different modes, scroll up or down etc The watch eventually died, most probably run out of juice !. I tried turning it back on but I had no joy, I tried connecting it to my pc but my pc rejected it as well !

Has anyone experienced this sort of behaviour before with the 305 ?
  • Ok, not sure if this has been covered but after this mornings run I uploaded the data to TC, it recognised the run but couldn't produce any graphs.  I tried Motionbased and then Sporttracks on the work PC but neither of them recognised the run so wouldn't upload the data.  This is the first time I've ever had this problem, anyone else experienced this?
  • Hi. Has anyone had a poblem with their Garmin regarding workouts and pace alerts?I started the RW training schedule on Monday and set off to a run between 8:10 and 8:30 a mile. The alert started just after I started(understandibly) telling me to speed up.After I got in the right zone up popped another message stating I was at the correct pace. After that I never go anther response even though I checked and at one point I going 7:45 a mile. I had the same problem yesterday and today.I even  deliberately averaged 8.00 a mile just to see if I was told to slow down, but there was no response.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• A slight update on the above: I ran a 4 mile temp yesterday-7:16-7:36 pace. This tiem I started down hill and was running 7:50 amile and was told by the Garmin to slow down! Once I did and entered the correct pace, I got the beep and once again no more was heard even though at one point I was averaging 7:08 a mile.It seems to stop alerting once I am touched  the correct zone.

BTW if it were working correctly would it alert me if my pace was above/below the setting or if my average pace for the distance was above/below?

• I have a feeling mine may do the same, but I wear an ipod when out so just keep giving it quick glances.  It definitely keeps beeping when I'm going too slow to begin with, not quite sure what it does when I'm in the zone though, but your problem sounds familiar.

I'll check it out on my next run.

• My 305 is happily downloading data to TC and showing graphs etc all like normal however when I close it down, it is failing to save the data for my current week.  Had it for a couple of months and no probs up to now.  SportTracks is working fine with these dates and runs.  Any thoughts- it's not as if you have to save the data in TC, well not up till now? Help please.
  • straitjacket wrote (see)

A slight update on the above: I ran a 4 mile temp yesterday-7:16-7:36 pace. This tiem I started down hill and was running 7:50 amile and was told by the Garmin to slow down! Once I did and entered the correct pace, I got the beep and once again no more was heard even though at one point I was averaging 7:08 a mile.It seems to stop alerting once I am touched  the correct zone.

Ok, I remembered to try this on the warmdown mile after my intervals this morning, exactly the same thing, kept telling me to slo down, I entered the correct zone and then sped up well outside of the desired zone.  Nothing.
  • MandMMandM ✭✭✭

I have not used the pace zone function as i trained with Hear Rate zones, never a prob for me with HRZ, i get beep if i exceed or go below the set limits, worth for you guys to try the HRZ, even just for mile or two & see if you face the same problem?

• II ran 7x0.5 mile intervals today and it worked fine.I might not be using exactly as it is meant to be used.I will contact garmin.

I am using the speed as opposed to heart rate as I am seeking to get a good for age for FLM and I thought that if I can keep up the training times I should be Ok.I have missed my target time for London twice now by less than two minutes. (Buggrit)

• Hi Everyone,
    I thought you all might be interested in my story.... I bought a forerunner 305 in dec last year to train for the FLM. All went well and did 3:40. I was really pleased with the 305 and used it to train for the wolverhampton city marathon in sept. However 2 weeks before the marathon the 305 went totally kaput and wouldn't switch on unless in the cradle. I emailed Garmin who advised to do a hard reset (on & mode buttons pressed at the same time). That didn't work, they then advised that I should send it back to them for repair. I sent the 305 back to them and hearing some of the horror stories about garmin customer service on this forum, I waited to see what would happen.....
    To my surprise, within a week a received a parcel back from garmin containing what I thought was a replacement 305. On opening the parcel and checking the paperwork, the 305 had been upgraded to a forerunner 405. I don't know whether this is now garmin policy to replace faulty 305's with 405's, but I am one happy teddy at the moment. Hurrah for garmin customer service. Just off out to try my new toy!!!!!!!
  • Hubby has Garmin 305- I bought it last Christmas. We all use it turns.

Only prob, would love to ba able to print out stats. Any tips?

• Might be worth signing up to motionbased or similar web-based application then you can print out whatever you want (and motionbased is free as a basic user without all the bells'n whistles).
  • Hi MF

Sounds interesting, but how do I go about getting a motionbased thingy whatsit?

• All you have to do is google 'motionbased' and sign up to the site, the biggest bonus is it's free.
    P.S. be patient as it can be quite slow....
  • Anyone using a 305 with a Mac?
  • Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭

Help

I recently decided to bin all my saved courses and start again. Unfortunately when I try to transfer a new course from the history folder I get "Memory Full"

• My girlfriend is going to get me an FR 305 for xmas, but this thread really puts the fear of God in me, is this a product to avoid?

Craig

• I've had no problems with mine.. (so far 9 months). There's a natural bias in these sorts of threads. If you haven't a problem, you don't post....
  • The only problem I've had with my 305 is that the beeper has gone really quiet. It didn't occur to me to make sure it was dried properly after a run, so the sweat has corroded the piezzo buzzer in the back.
  • I bought my 305 from new march 08 and no real problems. Fantastic kit that really transformed my training. A couple of times I have needed to reset it but I didn't lose my data. A couple of months ago I had to delete my data from the watch as the memory had filled up but that was after about 1200 miles clocked. Luckily the data on my pc didn't delete! I wouldn't have been happy!!
  • Oooh can I be cheeky and ask for votes in the super six comp?!! Sub 4.00 is where you'll find me! image