Very fat unfit beginner needs advice

Comments

• Hi Allie

http://photos.yahoo.com/allien2403

you put [ url ] before and [ /url ] after the link, but with no spaces between the square brackets and the rest of the text.

I keep trying different ways of saying this in the hope that one will stick.

If you click on the help tab, just below the log off tab, then select the using the forums option, you should find an item on links etc.
  • Sorry I wasn't around late last night but:

I went to bed a bit earlier last night, so that I could get up early and do my LSR (16miles) and get back in time to get Jilly her cup of tea, and cook breaky.

I am going for a lie down now.
  • Morning!

Lovely pictures Allie...nice to see you!!! Looks like you had a lovely day yesterday.

Knew David could do it!!! I had already started on the red wine when I looked at it for you, and am not highly skilled at the best of times.

Great to see you Misty...we missed you.

Em
    x

PS...love your post David...will get Mart to read it...if I could only get him out of bed...
  • Morning All,
    CONGRATS to all Milers yesterday. What a great day!!! Well done everyone. I know I'm a bit OTT as well as OTH today but it was my 'first time' LOL .... I feel good, knew that I would, HeeHee

Sounds like a great night Siân .. glad you both enjoyed it :-)

Allie .. pictures lovely. Never seen the bridges before (what planet was I on!). They are superb! Have added link to list (will post shortly).

Dan .. great going mate .. full marks for getting out there and doing it ... and on the PB.

Misty ... lovely to see you. Don't pine too much, he'll be back before you know it :-)

New thread intro is ready to go .. anyone around ready to add their bit today?

David ... you're a gem!
  • Go! LE Go!!!!!

INSPIRE Running Club - Race Details

LE - Thruxton 10k - 16th July
    Allien - Jesmond Dene Womens Race 5.4k - 17th July
    Mike – Trentham 10mile – 23rd July
    Daniel - Plymouth Aquathon, 500m sea swim, 5k run – 19th Aug
    Dingus, Peterhead - Peterhead 10k - 27th Aug.
    Allien - Jelly Tea Run - 10 miles - 10th Sept
    Mykey & Mrs Mykey - Fareham Ashurst Amble(5k) - 10th Sept
    Mike H - Lichfield 10K - 10th Sept
    Em, Forest Of Dean - Badminton 10k - 17th Sept
    Uk Yankee Singleton, Kent - Faversham 10k -17th Sept
    Dingus, Peterhead - GNR 13.1 miles - 1st Oct
    LE - GSR 10miles - 22nd Oct
    INSPIRE Ladies – Dingus’ 5K Kilt run, TBA

Photos:
    DingusOTHEmandbelleMykeyPlodfatherUK YankeeDaniel’s Photos
    LE’s Photos
    Allien’s Photos

For the Move: Ref Page 105.
    OTH …Mykey … UKY …Em … Dingus … Daniel … Misty … Mike H … Big David … Heckenhocker … Cerelia … LE2102 ... Allien …Stu

MOVE TAKING PLACE SUNDAY 16th & MONDAY 17th JULY
  • OK .... here is the Title of the new thread ... it is up !!! Sorry messed up bold on title but should be OK !!!!

Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us …
    INSPIRE, a beginners ‘virtual’ runners club. Read Page1 please

Ive posted my intro and little bit ... please feel free to start adding to it now

NOTE: Can we make sure we post nothing else to the new thread except out 'bits' until Tuesday to give everyone the chance to add theirs before the chat starts ... thanks :-)

If I remember .. on Tuesday morning I'll post here to say 'come to the new thread' etc.
  • that's good OTH...thanks for sorting that out...

Done mine too.

Have a nice day guys...

Go Lyne, Go Lynne, go, go, go...!!!
  • Done! I loved the posts on the new thread so far. It's good for us to see how far we've all come. Even more INSPIRE-ing than usual!

Off to get some choccie biccies - morning after the night before munchies have set in big style! Resist .... resist .... naaah!!! Go for it and worry about it tomorrow!
  • PS Mykey's done his bit in work so he'll have to do his tomorrow morning.
  • oh and there's a piccie up of us last night!
  • lovely post Sian...off to see the piccies.
  • WOW...you two look lovely...and so happy. :-)
  • Yep! Happy that I had my best friend with me! He's off to pick Joe up from his party and friends have gone to get their car which they left at the ball last night.

A funny thing happened to me this morning. I was helping Mykey and Joe get away and I walked outside holding Bethan to give Joe is hat when lo and behold the door slammed behind me! There was key in the lock on the inside so we couldn't unlock it with Mykey's key from the outside. Our friends were still in bed so I had a bit of a problem - especially as I was in my PJs with no shoes on in our front garden! Luckily we have some really good friends across the road and I could see they were up so I went for a cuppa / chat and used their phone to ring our house (4 or 5 times until they woke and picked up!) We're still laughing about it!
  • ROFL...were there many other prople about?? Good job it wasn't a Monday, and that your PJs were suitable...
  • Ha ha Sian, good job there was someone around to let you in.

I once got locked in my porch. The front door closed behind me and I didn't have the key to get out of the porch. I didn't have a phone and lived on my own then. I waited for the postman to arrive and passed a note for my neighbours to ring my dad who had a spare key to come and free me. I was sitting in a glass goldfish bowl for about 4 hours.

Funnily enough... I didn't do it again.

Nice photo BTW.

Thanks for the technical help BD and OTH. I will try harder.

Good on ya Dan, well done on the PB!

Off to have a look at the new page next. Still haven't written anything but I'll make sure I do.

• Lovely messages so far guys. Very inspiring! Don't know how mine will measure up... better get on with it... Watch this space (I mean that space); You know what I mean...
  • Go LE !! Hope you have a good run girl !!
    MM - great to hear from you, hope your son has a great time in Sweden.
    Mykey + Siân _ Glad you had a great time at the ball, lovely photo too!
    Allie - lovely photos !! Looks like a lovely run during dinnertime.

Well done to all the milers, some good times there !!
  • hey enjoyed reading the other thread, mine is now up.
  • Right. I've done it.

Sorry if I've not created the right mood for the new thread. I just wanted to set the scene.

I'm not great at expressing it, but I really appreciate you lot.
  • WOW...we started something here...those stories are giving me goose bumps.

Well done Dan and Allie.

(((hugs)))

:-)
  • You may have noticed I'm an incessant worrier. (sorry again).

Nice story Dan, you truly will be an inspiration to your school-children. I'm sure you'll meet your targets however tough!

Em, I don't know if you and OTH have talked about this, or if it's been mentioned here and I've forgotten, but when the new page is up and running, are we just carrying on where we left off?

I was wondering if we plan to move the chit-chat to the clubhouse and try to stay on topic (but that might be too hard to remember where to post and confusing as a lot of posts feature both on and off topic subjects).

• BTW. I don't mind either way. I just remember someone saying that the off topic stuff sometimes puts newcomers off and I know how I felt reading forums where relationships were quite firmly established.

I suppose we would just carry on as normal, it will be hard (and wrong) to be more formal, but the fact that we've properly introduced ourselves should make it easier for people to join in.

Ok, I got there in the end...that's what OTH intended in the first place isn't it?

D'oh
  • exactly...I don't think we can do more than that Allie. We above all don't want to lose the essence of what we have...business very much as usual as from Tuesday I think...

I think to be honest, the clubhouse was used for my late night chat shows, which had nothing atall to do with running, except that we are friends because we run...that's how we met... I think that this is sorted now, and the off topic that we do is absolutely fine! You look at most of waht we talk about...or any page on it's own...we are all obsessed!!! With running...not gonna wander too far from topic methinks

:-)
  • Me again...

I'm watching the forums quite closely today.

I just thought I'd let you know that I've sent a welcome email to Morgs to let her know that we are waiting for everyone to post their introdctory messages before the new forum really takes off.

The best bit is - She might also live near me (Newcastle) having done the GNR and the Blaydon Race too.

• LOL ... Allie ... you got there in the end girl :-)

Yes .. Sub-Title says 'Read Page 1' so newcomers get to see the intro etc. and can then read all the amazing inspiring stories that are going in there.

Goose-bumps !!! I had tears in my eyes reading them (not mine .. know it too well LOL). they are all marvellous ... Dan .. you are such an inspiration <<hugs>>.

Lovely piccie Siân.

I am going to re-post everything below a few times over today and tomorrow to catch everyone .. hope you don't mind. Other than that I won't be around much ... have stuff to do today and out working tomorrow. But always here in spirit :-)

OK .... here is the Title of the new thread ... it is up !!! Sorry messed up bold on title but should be OK !!!!

Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us …
    INSPIRE, a beginners ‘virtual’ runners club. Read Page1 please

several postings already on ... go see ... it's excellent!!!

NOTE: Can we make sure we post nothing else to the new thread except out 'bits' until Tuesday to give everyone the chance to add theirs before the chat starts ... thanks :-)

If I remember .. on Tuesday morning I'll post here to say 'come to the new thread' etc.
  • Do you think we'll get to 4500 posts before moving Em?

I know, you're trying to kick that habit! (I've planted the seed now though, haven't I)

Wonder how LE got on.....

I'm up again tomorrow (2 runs in 3 days - wow - who'da thunk that?)
  • We can try buddy...but I'm out tomorrow all day...can ya do it without me?
  • Hello everyone

Did our 10k today - and boy was it hot. 2 and 2/3rds round the circuit. There was no shade at all and I could feel my legs burning.

Really pleased they had two water stations. One cup to drink and one cup to wear at each stop.

Not sure of the time yet, but think I have managed to knock about 30 seconds of my time. They are posting times over the next 2-3 days so will check back then.

Hubby and I have each claimed a sofa so chill out on this afternoon. Water is on drip at the moment - feel that we may cause a drougt if we continue drinking so much.

Can't post my bit for the new site yet as it is on the works computer. Going to check it out now and then re-colapse on the sofa.

Well done to all the milers - allie pics are great.
  • OTH-The move has already had an effect with Morgs joining. I hope it encourages others to post.
    Slowly recovering from a fantastic evening; Siân is in bed having a nap so I'm looking after the kids...well Nick Jr doing a pretty good job I'm just providing drinks!
    Running tonight around 8pm. Hopefully it will have cooled down a bit by then. Siân has passed on running today but wants me to run so that when we run together on Tuesday I won't hold her back by walking too much!
    I introduced our friend Kev (defered FLM entry twice now due to work) to a few websites (fetch and mapmyrun) and am emailing him the link to the new thread so we might see him on here occasionally.
    Thats' about it now. I hope everybody has had a great day and will post later post run