Options

FLM 2007

Ok it might be a bit early but someone's got to start it.I had a good run this year and managed 4.39.So with good training I think I'm capable of getting between 4.15 -4.30 next time around.

Who's up for it?

Comments

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    Blimey Stylish - bit keen aren't you? Got over your aches and pains I gather.......
  • Options
    Hi Stylish

I think we are way too early here but I ran the FLM 2004 in 5hrs (even after suffering a stress fracture 6 weeks before it) so I think if I can train injury free thi year I should be able to aim for 4:15-4.30.
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Hi Lushlisa, one is never to early to prepare.I've just left a message on the other thread about the "12 month plan" for you. But stay put and others will join this thread soon. Where abouts in Essex are you?
  • Options
    Hi Stylish, just seen it thanks. I had forgotten how much I loved this site. I live in Stansted (near Stansted Airport and Bishop's Stortford). Do you know it?
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    No, I'm from Redbridge so don't know that area at all. Thought you might be a close "neighbour".
  • Options
    Stylish

Could I join the gang? I dont know if we crossed swords on a FLM2005 thread?

I had to defer from FLM2006 through injury to ITB from FLM2005 but ran a 1/2 last weekend as a test (which went OK and leg held up) before deferers application pack comes out at the end of May.

So fingers crossed.

Allrover.
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Hiya Allrover. Of course you can join the gang you don't have to ask. The more the merrier.I think I remeber you from FLM 2005 which was a mare for me. Did you defer from 2005 or 2006? How is the ITB now? Are you doing lots of stretches for it? I've had it too and thats what I had to do. I haven't got a place for 2007 but hopefully will be third time lucky in the ballot.
  • Options
    Stylish,
    I defered from 2006, I managed to get round 2005 (only ever marathon) but I got ITB in the build up to it but with the money I raised for charity and also having booked and paid for the wife and kids to come I decided to do it, all last summer I watched people running in lovely weather whilst (like you said) stretched and self massaged my ITB, which I still do daily. I basically enetered the ballot for 2006 to get up the pecking order for the future so that I still felt like a runner even though I wasn't doing much. low and behold I got in. I defered straight away but then had to come up with plan B. Which was do my local half marathon before the end of May and if my ITB held off then when the deferers entry comes out go for it. Its now a slow build up and I find at the mo that if I run one day and rest the next I can get by. Hope your lucky in the ballot
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Thats a long time still to be having ITB problems. I would have thought they be sorted by now?
  • Options
    Hi all. I'm joining this thread in secret. Did FLM 2005 in 5.04 and 2006 in 4.42. Next challenge is about 4.30.

The reason i'm doing this in secret is because I promised my hubby I wouldn't do FLM next year as it takes up so much "quality family time". Well I'm sorry Mr N but I'm officially addicted to FLM and plan to take part as often as possible. So I will be entering the ballot for 2007. So watch this space!!

Hope there are no spies about.
  • Options
    Stylish,

The ITB is not a problem at the mo I wouldn't say its been sorted just managed (fingers crossed).

nikster,

Nice one I like the old cloak and dagger stuff ;o)
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Hi Nikster and welcome to the thread. You couldn't have been that far behind me this this year (4.39). How will you break the news to hubby assuming you get in?? What did you do differently this year to improve by 22 mins??
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. Hopefully hubby wont notice too much because my daughter starts school in September so I'll be doing plenty of training midweek. Obviously if I do get in it will be hard to hide my excitement so I'll break it to him gently then.

My run this year was much better than last year. I had done more training (8 months compared to 4 months for 2005). But I think the main thing that made me successful was positive thinking. I was determined to run all the way as I had lots of walk breaks in 2005.
  • Options
    Hi Nikster

Welcome aboard. I am in a sort of similar position - I did promise my parents/work/friends that I wouldn't run it again because that is all I ever talked about for months. But I can't ignore the nagging feeling of what I could do with a full training programme after I clocked 5.01 despite suffering a stress fracture 5 weeks before the day ????? It's got to be worth another crack ;)
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    It’s true that,once you’ve been “bitten by the bug” it’s virtually impossible to resist doing again for whatever reason.
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    (url=www.bbc.co.uk)bbc(/url)
  • Options
    Stylish

what are you on about?
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Allrover, ignore that. I was just trying to see if I could do one of those fancy link things. Didn't work.Do you know how to do them? How are you going. I did a 12M run on sunday as I'm doing the Southend half in a couple of weeks time.Then I want to do some 10K's. What are you plans?
  • Options
    Don't worry I don't know how to do links either. :o)

Well this morning in the post I received my sick, lame and weary FLM2007 entry so as long as I return it before 9/06/06 I'm in. phew

I've been ticking over lately did a 6 miler in the pouring rain Sunday morning to blow the beer out.

I've got a couple of 10ks coming up soon but still undecided if I should do The Torbay 1/2 at the end of June.Trying to fit runs around the world cup matches takes a bit of planning but with what came in the post today I may have to get my entry in.

Good luck on your 1/2.
  • Options
    Stylish

How are things?

I see on another thread that you did a half this weekend, which one was that?

On a personal note, My cheque has been cashed for the FLM2007 so here goes. I’m unable to do Torbay Half due to family commitments (plus it’s a bit hot) but have a 10k this Sunday. Just ticking over in training at the mo.
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Hi Allrover, Just recovering from my HM that I did yesterday. Up until two weeks ago I had been running some good times.Then I went up to the Midlands & Liverpool to visit cousins and had a few late nights. Missed a weeks training and when I ran (twice)felt very tired and my times were really poor. The HM yesterday was at Southend but the conditions were extreme to say the least.When I entered I had hoped to get a PB in this but even without the heat I probably wouldn't have got one as I wasn't in that good a condition.Those were the hardest conditions that I have ran in and just really pleased that I finished.I stick with 10K in the summer months I think.

Good to hear that you're ticking over that is what I must do to although with the world cup it's tempting to sit in front of the TV.Good luck with the 10K and let us know how you get on. Which one are you doing? Any specfic goals for this or just to enjoy. Keep in touch.
  • Options
    The Killerton Kanter nr Exeter is my 10K for the weekend, its an off road trail run around Killerton House a National trust site which I have never run before, So I have no personal goals but just to take part and enjoy. I am treating it as training as like you mentioned with the heat and the world cup its so easy to crack out the tinnies in the garden then drift in doors when a match is on.

Hope recovery from the weekend exploits goes well, it sounds like it was a killer.
  • Options
    Well did the Killerton Kanter on Sunday and really enjoyed it, lovely setting for a off road run but it was mighty hot.

Everyone friendly and well marshalled but a few killer hills.

How is everyone elses running going?
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Hi Allrover, it's good to do a race withoput any time pressures isn't it? I'm doing a local Hilly 5 on 12.7.06 but won't be killing my self for it. There's no medals or T Shirts or anything so it will be a gentle training run. Not don't it before so a new route. The WC really starts next week and looking forward to some exciting games.
  • Options
    Yeh Stylish every match from the weekend is a must win or out you go so its starting to get a bit more like it.

Funny enough i'm also thinking of entering a hilly one on 16/07/06 10k called Haytor Heller Straight up then straight down I gather!! but like you say its a run with no time pressures.

Speak soon
  • Options
    Hello all

I hope you all dont mind if i join you.Im hoping to get into the 2007 flm.I ran in 2004 and 2005 but was unlucky in the ballot(again) for 2006.In 04 and 05 i ran for charity.
    Ive just done the Edinburgh marathon(june 11th),in 4hrs23mins with red hot weather conditions.
    October 30th im off to Dublin for the marathon with 3 half marathons to do before then.

See you all soon.
  • Options
    Welcome Mick

Good effort on the marathons front blimey you'll be knackered by April ;o)
  • Options
    Hello Stylish et al. Long time no see! Too much Polish food (work out there quite a lot!)and negligible training. FLM looms (well,sort of!), so its back on the metaphorical treadmill again.
  • Options
    cheers allrover

Ive had to pull out of the dublin marathon,so to cheer myself up ive entered the Abingdon marathon on the 22nd oct!!! Which gives me the race agenda for October:
    1st-GNR
    15TH-GCR
    22ND-Abingdon marathon

Oh the joys of running!!!
  • Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Hi Normster and Mick glad to have more company over here.My training has been a bit hit and miss too. Lots of functions to attend to in July and my work will be taking me away from home quite a bit so mid week runs are going to suffer.

Mick I have entered Abingdon too but because of the above I'm probably not going to get enough training in. But never say never,I'll see how it goes over the next month or so.By the way thats a lot of racing in October. Don't over do it.

Allrover how are you keeping?