Saturday 29 April

13»

Comments

• drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Sodahead, congratulations on passing. Are your injuries sufficiently healed to put in enough training for Abingdon?

Speedie, sorry to hear about your grandad.

Rory, you must be pretty pleased with today's result. Well done!

today: 45 miles bike ride. Used tri-bars for the first time and found the experience fast but wobbly.
  • evening

Good effort Rory to hang on after that overenthusiatic start for a solid sub 30

2 decent 5Ks there also from URR

Looks like it's going to go the full distance paul l - good luck to mrs l when it finally happens

what: easy 3 miles at lunchtime
    why: recovering from yesterday's 7¼ miler. Also using it as a warm-up for 4 hours in the garden (basically, reclaiming it from nature).
    last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: last Sat
  • Strewth MikeB, you chuck in a 10:04 3000m steeple chase win after all that! <thud> !!!!

Makes my 17km Trail ride and 4 mile trail run look a bit light, however it went well in the heat of the day and the jelly legs are gradually getting used to rapid transition from hard cycle mode to run mode.

Rory - great run and result

URR - another great run!

DF - you will enjoy 5k. I've never trained for one, just stumbled into them during training. They are a real change from a Mara slog, all over before you really get warmed up!

• Hey all,

6M Easy for me this evening av. pace of 7:19m/m

Some great runs so far this weekend, good luck to those still to race!