Paris Marathon 2007

Comments

• http://www.rysuk.com/animals/charlotte.html

Thanks H, photos will be emailed shortly. Small clip of the little Charlotte - now up and running and falling over as you can see - only milk in the bottle honest Guv..!

Did 10km again this morning bright and early as it's darn hot here now. Day off tomorrow, then back to it Thursday - have even done my training schedule in Excel, so must be serious again....

Had a good bit of Robert Palmer this morning, but he's a bit sluggish at the moment, but Dean Martin caught up with me just before home...
  • Its a series of small fell races (4.2 miles)held on a Monday evening.

http://www.trunce.org.uk/

Its a cracking little race, costs £1.20 and its lots of fun. You have to go through a river three times so its not one to run in with your best shoes.

Next one is in a couple of weeks.

I cant make sunday as i have the jane Tomlinson 10K, but well will have to meet up.

Onet, charlotte looks very cute!! My kiddies love her!! alas she wont fit in our small semi!
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Apparently (hot from member "Controversial" on Fetcheveryone.com) "...the certificate as a well as the DVD are on their way ... "

Something to look forward to soon.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    BR, I think this DVD is an urban myth.. I haven't seen it mentioned on anything official.There was a special 30 th anniversary DVD last year and somehow I've formed the impression that it was a one-off.
    I do so hope you're right 'cos I'm all excited ,waiting for the post!
  • Good news on the dvd and certificate.About time too.
    I googled the trunce IWDI.
    I'm going to run the next one.
    Thanks for the pics 1T.
    You've got your hands full there.

I've really struggled running home today and bailed out at 7 miles.My legs are really tired from the start.I can't understand it as i was flying a few weeks ago.
  • H - maybe it is time for a rest week. All your post indicate you are tired. A week off will see you flying around again. Don't worry I'm taking my own advice and have cut right down and after 1 July(10k race) will stop all together for 2 weeks.

1t - So cute. How do you resist picking it up and cuddling it?

BR - I was always under the impression we were getting a DVD and I know for Paris 20K it took a few months. I have faith.

IWDI - Good to see you back to your old self and obsessed by running again. Hope everyone is on the mend now.
  • Hi KT, yes every one is getting better and i am getting out more. I start my training in the next week, so it back at it and i cant wait
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    I take it back, BR. Got my DVD and diploma this morning!
  • oooh excited now - await la poste.

been out again for my 9km, getting better, and it was cooler this morning as we had the mother of all storms last night. managed to get off at 0730 after the morning feed shift.

KT - I don't resist - all cuddles and petting with Charlotte I'm afraid as she's been rejected by her mummy - always wanted to be a goat mummy - perhaps in the next life. Sadly can't cuddle Carla the llama, they don't like it one bit, but she's cute all the same.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    The DVD's wonderful...I'm sitting in a small pool of tears.The aerial shots are great and the 3-D ' route' map is fascinating... *I had to pull out of a 5k run on Tuesday at 1k.I felt ill.It was very disappointing so I kept telling myself it must be a bug or something because I have, actually, run a long way... Having watched this DVD, I still don't believe it.I mean, it's dead far!lol*

H, I think Kencing might be right. Maybe you're a bit tired and a rest would do you good.No rest for you 1T with wee ones around.
    Good to see you back IW.
  • I can't wait to see it now.
  • bugger, i moved house so wont get it
  • yep back and running and very happy thanks atm
  • Just popping back in to say 'Hi' and wish everyone well. It's good to see the old thread is still going. I've just watched the DVD from start to finish - a superb piece of work. It reminds me how hellishly hot it was, but the upside is that the footage is stunning. I also got to see myself and both kids, albeit in the breakfast run, but at least I know I wasn't dreaming it all!

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    IWDI, send me an email message so I get your e-address and I'll write to you direct for your postal addresss and send you a present.

It's weird, watching it, isn't it Blimey? Did we do that? And will we do it again?

Yesssssssss!
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    I'm in my shorts and vest...that's how hot it is at 19.00...ready to go running...and I can't get out the door for hail! I've never seen hailstones the size of grapes..It's fascinating...

I don't mind getting wet but they're just too sore.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Err..and now I know what a ' flash-flood' is. We can't get out the door...

Still, I've got my DVD to watch :)
  • It's great to see it all again.
    I sometimes wonder why we do it.It's hard work,a very long way to run and takes up most of our spare time for months before.
    And then when you watch the dvd you know exactly why you do it.
    I want to do it again.
  • oooooh mine hasn't arrived and I live in the same country...! hope it comes tomorrow so I can watch it tomorrow night.

Will be up at the crack of sparrows again tomorrow for the usual feed and run then get my Mrs Mop gear on for the first rental of the Gite folk....it's never ending indeed.

• Can i buy some of that milk the goat had 1T?
  • Got my DVD and certificate. The DVD is great much better than I ever thought it would be. The bits from the expo, pasta party and breakfast run are nice reminders and then the race highlights are fantastic especially the bits they have intercut of the mass runners. The aerial bit panning back from Rue Rivoli showing a constant river of thousands of runners is awesome. I also love the bit with runners being showered by hoses. Brings it all back.

I am doing a half marathon across Morecambe Bay on Sunday. Hope I finish before the tide comes in.
  • JJ - how did you get on in the blackpool marathon. I managed to beat my Paris time by 4 mins.
  • Hi Drobton. I was a minute faster in Blackpool than I was in Paris which isn't great as I intended to be 30 minutes faster. I had a real mare of a race, recurring stitch starting at 4 miles, blister at 9 miles and calf cramps at 17 miles. I think I am too old for two marathons in 7 weeks. The picture on my blog sums it up better than my words though http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/blogs/index?pageID=1997&blog=2703 Dublin next for me in October where I will get a PB.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    JJ, being really nosey, I've been reading your Blog too...

It's full of cool stuff! How did you do the 'countdown' clock thing?
  • JJ - I was surprised with my time in Blackpool 4hrs 39mins as it had been about 8 weeks since I had trained due to pre Paris taper and post race recovery bar a couple of runs. I was looking at 1-finishing and 2-trying to beat 5hrs so I was pleased with a faster time.
    At 21 miles I was still on for a sub 4:30 but I cant seem to see out those final few miles.
    Head back into the Blackpool site for the race pictures and you can see my sorry state at the end in the middle picture as I try to finish with a sprint - race No. 621. It gave my kids no end of fun at my expense.
    BTW if anyone else wants a giggle have a look. I think I know you all well enough to take any comments :)
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    *looked at photos* Well done, both of you! It IS a huge effort.The photos are a good reminder of that.

I know what you mean, Drobton.I did the first Half in Paris in 2`04``,was 31 01`` at 30 k..but after 35...Actually, I don't remember much of the 35-40 k.I think my brain and my legs just melted.I'd like to have another go..I'm trying hills and speedwork to see if that makes a difference...but I'm running against time, here, too :)
  • ATM - As I didn't have much training for Blackpool, I walked for at least 30 secs at each water station - about 8 of them.
    At the 1/2 way point I was 3 mins slower than I was in Paris but did the second 1/2 7 mins faster than in Paris. Even though my legs were tired I was able to keep going better than Paris. I know the heat in Paris was a factor but that short break each station worked wonders for me.
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Nonsense ATM. We are all young and vibrant and have many years of PBs ahead of us.

Having said that I went out last night after a hilly run the day before. Only 7 miles but dying on my @rse by the end.

Speed work in the gym today though. That will be fun.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    * young, vibrant, and still dizzy from 8 x 30x30 on running track* Ah, the spirit is willing but...

Check out JJ's Blog.The clock is wonderful!Come back and tell me how it's done, Jon.