Paris Marathon 2007

Comments

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    I saw Mrs. JJ!Anybody else on the DVD?
  • ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I haven't watched it yet. Maybe next week.
  • Thanks KT, very kind, will let you know, it's not here today.....Could do with it to cheer me up as I'm still not out there. Am off for chest x ray tomorrow - let's hope they find one...ho ho ho.

Keep on running.

• Sorry to hear your not well 1T.
    Sod the running for now and just get yourself better.Let us know how you get on.

Your right about the weather here.It's a good job i wasn't running home Monday.There was 5 feet of flowing water on the road i usually take.I work near to the flooded area but far enough up the hill to miss it.My niece had to walk 7 miles home through contaminated water,waist deep at times to find the electic off when she got home.I've been lucky as we live at the highest point in Sheffield.It's a pain running home but no chance of flooding.

JJ.I'll have another look at the dvd to try and spot you.I was on the Eurosport coverage for a split second at the start but so far nobody has stopped me in the street for my autograph.
  • ((1T)) i hope you get batter soon!!
  • hmmm, i mean better...

but if you ever need any batter, i am your man!!
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    You'll batter,1T? And they say Glaswegians are rough....

Right. Back on a sensible running schedule for me.12k this morning, 6.30, absolutely lovely...no wind, soft rain, 1roe deer,1 hare, lots of rabbits, heaps of dung and not a soul...I'm knackered, and smug, of course. *I'm saving some of my energy for talking friends into training for Paris next year. It's in the school holidays...* I hadn't realised that I could still enter loch Ness...and I was tempted but I've decided that I only have 1 marathon a year in me so I'll just plod on and do some Halfs.
    minx, are you still around? What about a Half in November? It ends in the Stade de France.I'd really like to run round that...

Howeyz, can I have your autograph?
  • ATM - what date is the half in NOV.

Also I am sure it is in here somewhere but anyone any idea what the date is for next years marathon.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Here's the Saint Denis 10k and Half...http://www.saint-denis-marathon.com/

The Marathon's on 6 April.
  • Thanks all - chest x ray was good, phew, I think they found one at least - ho ho ho (keeps me sane being silly...)

Batter - mmmmm, in fish and chips? miss that over here I can tell you.

So, off to docs again tomorrow and hopefully he'll say I'm on the mend or round the bend, and give me a cert for a 10km mid July around here somewhere.

Giz yer autograph too Howz.....!!

still no dvd or cert for me, but my sis has hers.
  • Nice to here your on the mend 1T.
  • ATM - I'm doing Loch Ness too. It is kind of down hill and meant to be very pretty. Go on you know you want to.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    :) The scenery is lovely, KT....But, no.I want to do Halfs in August, September and November and starting a marathon schedule now would kill me!

I think you'll have a great time, though.There'll be fresh air a-plenty!

Fancy timers, IWDI :)
  • I finally watched the DVD last night. Was this the same as the tv highlights? It brought back good memories and reminded me what it was like to be in warm weather!
  • KT the DVD is the same as TV but with lots of extra bits of footage of non elite runners, expo, pasta party and breakfast run. Lots of memories. It all seems so long ago now. It is hard to think how hot it was back in April when it is so wet in June/July.
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Yes JJ - the DVD is much better than the TV coverage as it shows us "fun runners" (is it just me or does anybody else think this is an inappropriate term when applied to marathons?) didn't see whether I'm on it but with 30,000 runners it is highly unlikely. I did however get into this months RW. The Neolithic Cani-Cross event was one of the featured runs, I get my name up with my dog Milly and I’m in the photograph “skipping like a girlie” over the start tape (sorry to any girlies about that blatantly sexist remark but look at the photo and you’ll agree with me). Autographs anyone?

Just started training for NY, well Monday was a rest day. How is your training going IWDI?

Loch Ness sounds fantastic KT but this time I will try and cut down on the racing in the run up to Leicester and NY and concentrate on some decent training. It’s the Pfitzinger Schedule for me, 18 weeks and up to 70 miles/week, truly kill or cure.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    What's the Pfizinger Schedule, BR?* I'm not training for a marathon but I love charts and diagrams...* Got a link?

• Hi Barnie!! I too have started my training but its not doing much as most of my runs are shorter than what i already run each day. This time i am however going to incorporate some speed and tempo sessions and diet to lose some weight!!

What’s your target time? Just goggled Pfitzinger, but could find a copy of his schedule? would you be kind enough to email a copy to me? I'd like to take a peak to see if its better suited than Hals?
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Here is a link to Pfitzinger ATM:http://runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=4432&page=5&c=83 also the book Advanced Marathoning http://www.humankinetics.com/products/showproduct.cfm?isbn=0736034315&associate=3372.

Lots of hard work but having tried the RW schedule three times I thought it was time for a change.
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    IWDI - I think Pfitzinger concentrates more on long runs, lactate thresholds and mileage. Hal is more conditioning. I would say that the Hal programmes would be better suited to people who may be prone to injury.
  • Hmm, i have the Hal program, but i was thinking of adding to it!! Whats you target time for this one?
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Not sure about target IWDI. As I've got Leicester 3 weeks before then I will probably wait and see how that goes. I would be disappointed if I flog myself trying to get a good time, not get it and also miss out on all of the atmosphere in NY. Probably looking at 3:15 for Leicester and 3:20 for NY, but if I have a week of illness like before Paris I may revise these down.
  • I have leicester too, are you STALKING ME?
  • B Rubble are you not worried about going for bust on one and then not doing well on the other? As mentioned i have leicester too but thought i might change that to a half instead and save myself for NY??
  • Go on boys - got for it, you'll be fine lol.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    * Read the plans. BR is clearly off his head...IWDI as well...*

Bash on, lads!As KT would say, you know you want to... :)

Are you doing NY, too, Daz?

At last, I've read the instruction book that came with my HRM and have succeeded in uploading various details using the ' sonic link'... (and how cool is that? ). I see a quiet afternoon playing with this toy ahead...
  • What about stripping naked and throwing your trainers of the top of the Statue of Liberty if you don't manage 3.15 BR?

I'm still working on either Amsterdam or Leicester.I've really struggled with the running for the last couple of weeks.I even phoned the wife to pick me up at 7 miles because i'd had enough running home from work.There was nearly a press conferance to announce my retirement.Any way i did a slow 12 miles home Friday but felt ok and i've had a good run home tonight and finished strong.
    I need another race now to stop me getting bored.
  • Its the trunce on 9th July!!