Paris Marathon 2007

Comments

• I think i past you on the road on the way back.I remember seeing a fat lad in a red top.LOL
    I'm running it next month so i'll give you a ring and we can have a pint afterwards.
  • See you in Dublin Dark Vader.
  • I am really looking forward to it.. off to Rome today to see the Genesis concert tomorrow.. am taking my running kit so I can clock up a few miles on Sunday and Monday :)

• Hi all, long time no post, it's hot hot hot here now, but i managed to get up on Sunday and enter the Negrapelise 10km - I know, it's not that well known.........I was 2nd woman home - OK there were only two of us, but I wasn't last - just about though. It was certainly hot and it didn't start till after 10 which I thought was madness. Been out today for 5km and am having to rethink my running given the weather now.

Have you got Maisie yet Howz? All ours are doing well and we await Vanille's arrival assuming she's pregnant - which will be about 12 Aug.

Hope you are all well.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Wow!On the Podium!!A Silver medal, for 1T!... *It's just a question of perspective,K.Second Woman is Second Woman.. Well done.*

My plans to run up north were scuppered when Scotrail or whatever they're called announced the closure of the local line the weekend we were going to take the bikes to Oban etc etc...but..
    it's all worked out quite well. I've got a summer job in France.Yes, yes, I know I'm too old to be doing this kind of thing but...If all goes to plan, I'll get home 1/9 in time for the Glasgow Half on 2/9 * There are holes in this plan*

Entries for Paris 2008 open on 1/9, I think.Must remember that...

You New-Yorkers/Amsterdamers/Loch Nessers..Tell us how you're getting on with the training.* I'm too lazy to trawl the threads looking for you but I hope you're all in fine form* 1T, do you have to train very early in the morning?

• Well done 1T second woman respect to you! My daughter Clare won first girl in a race recently and got a nice trophy for her efforts. She was the only girl though. But its the winning that counts.

My preparation for Dublin has hit a wall. I have been suffering with shin splints that are getting worse and the last few races I have also felt so tired. I have put this all down to 2 marathons in a few weeks and a maximum of 7 days consecutive rest in 18 months. I am therefore having nearly 3 weeks of no running and aiming to maintain fitness in the gym and swimming pool. I am also booked in for a full biomechanical assessment in a few weeks and hope this will help sort out the shin splints and sore knees once and for all (it better it is costing a fortune). Hope you are all OK.
  • Well done on 2nd place 1T.The heat must have put the others off.I'm still claiming victory over PR for last years FLM when she withdrew.I keep turning up for races and she keeps dodging me.
    Today's our Josh's 3rd birthday.How quick they grow up.Maisie is due tomorrow so we're all on standby.I'll keep you informed.
    I'm not running very well at the mo.I did the fell run and i've struggled since.I'm blaming lack of motivation.
  • Hello, congrats on the race 1T. Howyez, you need to get out...you know you love it.

My training is going well, although i had a bit of a rough patch a couple of weeks ago. All fine now though. I have just started my LSR.... Yippee
  • I'm back from Rome.. went running early morning due to the heat.. good grief, it gets hot quickly there.. I have come back with a slight sprain in my left ankle.. must have twisted it on those flipping cobbles....!
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Wow! New kit for RW!

Welcome back DV.Bad cobble, was it? lol

Seriously, I've just been to Prague and the visit put an end to any thought of running, there.There's cobbles and there's cobbles...
  • Welcome back DV.I was in Rome a few weeks ago.Did you run around the Circa Massimo?
    I've been to donate blood today and because of my BP tablets i can't donate any more.I'm gutted as i used to enjoy doing my bit.I've donated 37 times since 1984 and persuaded a few others to do like wise over the years.If you've never donated give it a go.You may need it yourself one day and like i've said knowing your potentially saving a life is a wonderful feeling.

Still no news on Maisie.We're now on due day +1.
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Tough one Howeyz. I wasn’t able to give blood last time as my blood pressure was too high (you would think that taking some out would help) but I know how you feel. I have resisted medication and started taking my BP at home and it is reassuringly lower, but still in the higher region of “normal”.

Anyway are we all at least considering Paris next year? If so should we decamp to the 2008 thread as it seems a bit lonely over there. We may also be able to entice a few newcomers to it.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    ' Morning.
    I'm definitely going, BR.Subscriptions open 1 September. I'm so cosy, here, it'll be a wrench to leave...but you're right.No new Paris 2008s will find us, here.

I propose to enter 1/9 and decamp then. *Someone else started a new thred. I've lost it...again. Anyone got a note of the name? *

You, two, have reminded me that I haven't given for a while. I like the wee lie down and the chocolate biscuit..

I'm having fun with my Nike+ kit and a thing called RunningTracker. * It produces graphs of your runs.More detailed than Nike* It's great for me since I can't see my watch while I'm running. I use it during my puny efforts on the track.It's really motivating...I can see that I'm getting marginally faster and holding the pace for longer.Ah, the joy of free stuff online.
  • I will try for london and put my name down for Paris. The chances of getting into london are slim so i will be prob well up for Paris!!
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    I'm not definite for Paris yet ATM, but probable (doing the same as IWDI as I seem to stalk him). Go on give some blood, ‘tis our duty to the NHS. BTW well done on the job in France.

So shall we move when registration starts in September?
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Oui! Let's move 1/9 .* I'm old...We fear change....*

H, where's that baby?
  • Still no sign ATM.
    I'm getting fed up of the wait.Every time i get a text i think here we go and it's always "What do you want for tea".
  • Well our Maisie's finally arrived.12.33 last night weighing in at 7lbs 7oz.Mother and daughter are both fine and should be able to go home tomorrow.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Yeah! Congratulations all round.

So, when's No. 3?
  • Evening ATM.
    After 20 hours of labour i don't think now's the right time to ask her.
    I'll give it a few weeks.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    heheheh Yep, that's a marathon of a different kind altogether...

Congratulations, again, Josh 'n' Maisie's grandad...
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Congratulations H.
  • Big congrats H! Glad to hear both are well!!!
  • daz, why is it aka "monster"? Have you been stalking those young girls again?
  • Lol IWDI - On another thread I paced someone around, but pushed them quite hard. ANother forumite suggested they wouldn't like to train with me, as I sound a bit of a 'monster' training wise rofl. How far from the truth are they?

Stalking?? I aint no sex pest lol, do the prison walls whisper "beast, beast" as you walk by?
  • Is that what they mean by beasting?

Lol, at you pushing in the training...whats your next race/event?
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday to me!

* Got shingles so just thinking about running....*