So I can run for 30 minutes

2»

Comments

• Oh the irony....

Nobody cares that I ran for 30 minutes, and now I've just well and truly pulled my hamstring playing hockey... so no more half hours for me for a month !!

Joy !!

• damn-what a shame - where do you play ?

how soon before you play hockey again tho?

ICE it and do some gentle stretcing ?

• ah didnt the notice the MI - well done on getting back to running again - i take it you play Vets hockey or are you still a good old un?

• Oh Iain - well done...and commiserations!image

Would have congratulated you sooner (before your injury perhaps!) but have had very limited access to t'interweb over t'weekend.

(I know how frustrating injuries are - am recovering from a sprained ankle, which I did just at a point where I really felt I was running well for the first time in ages).

Hang in there, and let us know when you're back running again and how you get on!

• Sorry Ian, read it as you joining in other folk's euphoria, not doing it youself!

Anyway, I did mine a year and a half ago about.  Did recently do my first 3 miles without stopping though *G*

• Ooops  - not been back to the forum for a while... so thank you all for your mails image

I did the usual stupid thing of coming back too soon - so I turned a reasonably bad pull into a worse one !!  I reckon I'm a couple of weeks away from coming back to hockey now.  This time I seem to have a numb feeling in my left butt cheek to go with the dodgy left hamstring (what's that all about then !! image  )  I will start daily stretching over the next two weeks.  It has felt too dangerous to stretch up until now.

Buney... I play for Bradford Hockey Club 1st XI and I had a spell with Wakefield when I went for National League glory (very short lived when I broke my wrist).  This was my comeback year up until the two hamstring pulls in succesive games.  I lasted 20 minutes in my first game and 15 in my second.... much to the hilarity of all the kiddies image   I'm a good old un who has now worked his way all the way back to sweeper where they eventually put the old uns before they get moved on to the knackers yard...er.... vets image !!

I'm going for a gentle jog tomorrow lunch time (after some gentle dynamic stretching) to see how things feel... then I'll do a proper hamstring stretch to warm down afterwards.

Fingers crossed image

Thanks again for your emails - it was really nice to read just now.  TTFN - thought I'd join in with all these new interweb acronyms... er... lol (now is that laugh out loud or loads of love?  Where's my internet dictionary ?!!!

• im running slow pace 3x wk, was getting up to about 50mins continuous,but now seem to be struggling with half hour, should i go back to interval training and build up the distance again