Ode - 197
    N2 - 191
    RB - 182

Snooker Break
    Ode - 52
    DN - 17
    JEJ - 16
    N2 - 8

JEJ Please check your work before posting. Remember you're a bean counter. My resting rate was 45.
  • Dan ADan A ✭✭✭
    501 in 11 darts - 180, 60, 180, T19, D12

Six goals for Bancroft's school 3rd XI hockey team in 9-0 win over St Albans.

This is getting silly.
  • I agree it's getting ridiculous - blokes playing hockey I ask you!

If it's a list I'm gonna claim the PB I saw Saturday morning and go for the 39 before fool/git comes along.

Resting Heart Rate
    CRAB - 39
    JEJ - 40
    Dan A - 43
    DN - 45
    Ode - 48
    N2 - 58
    RB - 59

Max Heart Rate
    JEJ - 205
    Ode - 197
    N2 - 191
    RB - 182
    CRAB - 185

Snooker Break
    Ode - 52
    DN - 17
    JEJ - 16
    N2 - 8
  • Odeon1085Odeon1085 ✭✭✭
    Resting Heart Rate
    CRAB - 39
    JEJ - 40
    Dan A - 43
    DN - 45
    Ode - 48
    N2 - 58
    RB - 59

Max Heart Rate
    JEJ - 205
    Ode - 197
    N2 - 191
    RB - 182
    CRAB - 185

Snooker Break
    Ode - 56
    DN - 17
    JEJ - 16
    N2 - 8

It was 56 not 52. Don't do me out of something I might triumph in.

RHR will be done tomorrow morning and not in afternoon so will come down!

11 dart 501. Now that is world class- Dan "Paul Lim" A

• TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Running Bhoy - you are of course right and thanks for taking my rather rude post in good humour. And for pointing out that he was a Rangers fan too.
  • Hail Hail

Seems like CRAB has been empathising.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/australia/5119308.stm

Tmap - most magmanimous.

Resting Heart Rate
    CRAB - 39
    JEJ - 40
    Dan A - 43
    DN - 45
    Ode - 48
    N2 - 58
    RB - 59

Max Heart Rate
    JEJ - 205
    Ode - 197
    N2 - 191
    RB - 182
    CRAB - 185

Snooker Break
    RB - 82
    Ode - 56
    DN - 17
    JEJ - 16
    N2 - 8

Well, I do belong to the same club as Alan McManus.
  • JH 1JH 1 ✭✭✭
    Getting a bit competitive on here.

I have had my resting heart rate down to 36 in bed recently but sitting at my desk it is generally in the low 40's so about 43 say.

Resting Heart Rate
    CRAB - 39
    JEJ - 40
    Dan A - 43
    JH1 - 43
    DN - 45
    Ode - 48
    N2 - 58
    RB - 59

Max Heart Rate
    JEJ - 205
    Ode - 197
    JH1 - 194
    N2 - 191
    RB - 182
    CRAB - 185

Snooker Break
    RB - 82
    Ode - 56
    JH1 - 46
    DN - 17
    JEJ - 16
    N2 - 8
  • Resting Heart Rate
    CRAB - 39
    JEJ - 40
    Dan A - 43
    JH1 - 43
    DN - 45
    Ode - 48
    N2 - 58
    RB - 59

Max Heart Rate
    JEJ - 205
    Ode - 197
    JH1 - 194
    N2 - 191
    RB - 182
    CRAB - 185

Snooker Break
    RB - 82
    Ode - 56
    JH1 - 46
    DN - 17
    JEJ - 16
    N2 - 8
    CRAB - 1 (approx) Blessed with the touch of a rapist I'm afraid

RB lol but the guy's a wimp I thought Aussie's were supposed to be hard. I ran 8 miles and won the pitch and putt the day mine appeared - perhaps he didn't fancy 24 Ibuprofen though.

Okay enough of this green baize and St Trinians nonesense how's about a bit of running info/advice. So Oct05 I ran 2:55 for a marafun (remember them we used to talk about them once) with the 1st 20 miles on a HR of ~163bpm and then thought I got myself pretty close to 2:50 shape where trials (upto 12miles) suggested a theoretical MaraHR of ~160bpm - we'll never know the truth but I think I was being realistic. Since then I've been Dave 'Harry' Bassett (poor effort to replace the phrase King of the Wombles with something mildly amusing) and certainly for the last month (bike vs trainer episode excepted) not run quicker than ~7:30 pace. Thought I'd test out the ticker on the mill after getting bored running at 13km/h AGAIN so cranked it up (relatively) to 2:55 Marapace for the last 4k. HR climbed and stabilised at ~163bpm. I'm hoping CM's gonna John Wayne over the horizon and say once you start adding some fast stuff back in you'll be able to maintain that HR (or lower) at a much faster pace and you'll then see the real improvements that have been made - that's a pretty big cake you've got to add icing to there son. Alternatively he might just laugh and apply a bit more Savlon to his landing gear.

• All too complicated for me. Can we go back to snooker?
  • good to see the name the git name is sticking?!**? Your okay mate. I've not taken a resting heart rate reading for a while now......perhaps I will in the morning? ;-)

• TBSIARF Only a reference to the fact you're gonna knock me off the top of the list. You'll always be (a) fool as far as I'm concerned.
  • as if i would take away your moment of glory?! anyway (unfortunately), low resting heart rate is not an indicator of running ability.

Out of interest, when you guys are recovery from a marathon, and you begin to build back the weekly mileage, do you find your legs just continually ache. I have so many twinges and pains at the moment and I have only been doing about 30 miles a week for the last 4 weeks or so.
  • I generally start running the Thursday after a marathon race, and by the week after that I'm out grinding out 50-60mpw (core mileage) again. Never any aches. My body seems to thrive on the punishment.

Darts Did you know when I was fat, at work I was nicknamed Jocky Wilson, after the Scottish darts legend. Just thought you darts fans might be interested to know that.
  • TmapTmap ✭✭✭
    Git - I tend to notice aches more at lower mileage, oddly - maybe you're just more sensitive to it than when your legs are fighting to cope with constant training.

If it's constant pain you maybe want to get it checked though.
  • Fool I'd recommend an hour's sports massage followed by 2 days off. 12 days of quality training will do you more good than 14 days of crap training.

It takes a month* for your body to recover, during which time some people will suffer more than others.

* No research to back this up.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    Giant - No aches but overall feel a bit flat/ lost my mojo. Do think the Dull method combined spiced up with a JEJ should do the trick.
  • Almost forgot to mention: new womble pb - 8.4 miles @ 6:41 per mile - avg 75% max hr.

4 weeks of speed followed by 2 weeks of miles seems to be working it's magic - now I just need to find & taper down for a race, although still nothing over 3.5M planned until late August.

Thinking of entering the Las Vegas HM in December.
  • 12 days of quality training will do you more good than 14 days of crap training.

I hate to brag about my talent but I can interchange and do either 12 or 14 days of crap training, depends on my level of motivation.
  • CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    Lol Dull™

Crab, cycling isn't the only thing your are not tops @ is it ! 12 km/hr is 7 (approx®) secs per mile faster than 7:30.. And 2:55 pace is a mere 42.3 (approx®) secs/mile faster..

I imagine that all this "steady" running is doing your fat burning the world of good, but think, PF/Gout/Cycling permitting, you need to run faster son..
  • 12 km/h is over 8minute miles isn't it? I worked on the basis that 13.8km/h was 7mins and 14.1km/h was the magic 6:51 for sub3?

Besides which I've just re-checked my post and 12km/h wasn't even blidy mentioned. I've done most of my World Cup Runs at 13km/h which is about 7:26 pace isn't it? This morning's (relative) NAD-fest was 14.4km/h which I think is about 2:55 for 26.2 (or 42.2 seeing as we're mixing imperial and metric).

I guess we'll see next Wednesday at Yateley where all my NADS will be proudly on display for 10k (6.2miles) and this may be a good benchmark to see where we're at. Probably fckd. If it goes to penalties (he says getting way ahead of himself) I might finish in time to see them ;o((

DN Looks like I've done ~9months of CRAP (as opposed to CRAB) training shall I start a list - think I might be top of that one?
  • CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    dunno what happened to my last post..

err. where I said 12km/hr I actually meant 13km/hr cos tahts what you said you were doing before..

anyhoops, I'm like the crab method now, lots of miles with some of the fast..with some hill reps and strides thrown in to boot.
  • Weight loss progression has slowed a bit but am convincing myself its because I am putting on some muscle.

4 June - 83.0kg
    11 June - 82.5kg
    18 June - 82.0kg
    25 June - 81.9kg

Think I have seen the back of the virus and am wombling some regular miles now. Also been doing some Pilates which has done wonders for my back. Been trying the active isolated stretching thing after getting very annoyed that my regular stretch and hold for ages technique was reaping no benefit. Is really making a big difference and running seems so much easier as a result.

And yes CRAB I do tend to sit very comfortably on my bike seat which is on the upholstered side of comfort.
  • Odeon1085Odeon1085 ✭✭✭
    I don't understand running.

After Sat's paltry effort at 85% Have just averaged 75% for 5 miles.... 6.57 pace.

1st time for everything I suppose. Meant to do 9 but finished late at work and just wanted to get out.

Missus on hen weekend so lots of miles coming up.
  • CartmanCartman ✭✭✭
    thats quite a difference. suspect you have overestimated the distance you are running.
  • Odeon1085Odeon1085 ✭✭✭
    It's a route checked by GPS and Vascar. Pretty accurate- have taken lower GPS figure but as I'm sure you know, VASCAR accurate to the metre, all on road.
  • nichs2nichs2 ✭✭✭
    ode,
    wombling at sub 7, you'll be racing jej next
  • DN

Apologies.

Spotted you at bus stop near the tube station last night as i was on my way back from a school meeting with Mrs AB.

Mrs AB was at the wheel and her inability to stop and offer you a lift was due to:

a) The fact that she drives at mach 2 whenever possible.

b) She mentioned the fact that if you are a member of a running club surely you should be running home and not using public transport.

She has a point!
  • Do we have a traffic cop in our midst?

sub 7 min 75% speed had me running 57minute 10 milers last time I checked, although I think CM managed it but didn't produce a comparible HM result. Lots of variables to consider rather than simple formular, methinks.