Sub 3

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    LMH - what have you seen then? Theres a rain warning but thats for friday ?

CW - this is more vicar of dibley ( or like the old MMH20), 200 runners round country lanes,  so there wont be a timing mat at that junction. I see it more as moving my weekend long run 85M away.

SJ - cheers, funnily enough Abo  is still the best comeback mara time yet (and i was stationary for lots of the last bit of that). You're right on the back to back campaigns ive been marathon training since feb 2018 apart from a bit of injured time in june/july last yr. Im trying to convince myself that if i finally get back to sub3, i will be able to maintain it a bit more easily than it took to get back there.

Watching the footy with an ice pack on a swollen ankle (not sure where that came from).
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Good luck TR/LMH. Seems as though you should both earn your 2019 stripes on Sunday.
    I've been following the thread but nothing to contribute as I didn't run for 12 days til a 10K this evening. Legs were stiff & achy, pace was shite & HR was sky high :( Glad I hadn't kidded myself into joining you.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Jools - shame you won't be there, would have been good to have some more company. But agreed you dont need another tough day out.
  • Doesn't sound good Jooligan - hope you're soon better.

I'm not bothered about a bit of water TR - I'll plan to have a shower after anyway:-) It was the wind gusts but this morning the Met has them down to 17mph at 1000hrs which is an improvement. Still no saying what we'll get on the day as far as I'm concerned though. At least it shouldn't be too cold.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    LMH - oh, i only saw light winds, hopefully not gusty in land. Agreed, wont be too cold or hot, could be lots worse. Lets hope we both have a good day. Soon be time to pin my number on my T shirt.
    2m in the rain today, inc a few strides.
  • How's your ankle TR?
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    LMH/TR.. it looks a bit wild on Saturday but Sunday looks ok wind & temp wise, hope you both have a good day.
    I'm sure you will get back to it with a bit of patience Jooligan.
    I'm down in Worcs this weekend for a jolly so might take in a Parkrun down there and have an exploratory run around the area (Upton on Severn).
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    LMH - it was stiff this morning but not as swollen. Was ok to run on. Not sure what i did yday, as i also have a spot on my foot that feels like i have a stone in my shoe. But again was okish to run on. I did a bit of toenail surgery too as i had a sore toe, not sure where that came from either. All of these things can keep me amused whilst i bimble round the countryside sunday..........i do have to say though that im feel much fresher than before Brighton,  although to be fair my mind wasnt on the job for Brighton and i didnt really want to run it until the Thursday. One sensible lap sunday  and then we'll see where we are and whats achievable.
  • StevieWhStevieWh ✭✭✭

Haven't posted in here for a while but wanted to pop in to say good luck to LMH & TR for Sunday!

Been getting back to it since Manchester with focus on shorter distances, ran my first 5000m on the track last Saturday and posted my first sub 18 with 17.43. Got the Two Castles 10k this weekend.

SJ - Seen you've been ticking over as well. At least whatever Autumn marathon you choose you won't have me chewing your ear off for a few miles!

• Similar to StevieWh and SJ I've not been around much lately, but just wanted to pop my head round the door to wish TR and LMH the best of luck for Yeovil. And to Padams/any other racers this weekend - enjoy!

I'm coming towards the end of an enforced week off after some minor surgery on Monday; chomping at the bit to get back out on the road!
  • Thanks guys - thoughts much appreciated.

Enjoy the tourism Wardi.

Congratulations on the PB Stevie. Have a good one at Two Castles.

Nothing like an enforced lay off to restore motivation EE.

Taper madness TR? I'm in a better place than before London but I don't think I'm in PB shape. I guess I'll decide what I'm going to do on the day. Currently enjoying carb loading:-)
  • CharlieWCharlieW ✭✭✭
    Best of luck TR & LMH, and anyone else racing this weekend.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    LMH - probably, and not look where im going when im dog walking. I just had extra lunch too, no beer is the worse bit.

Thanks for all the good wishes for us both, most kind.

My younger lad is still involved in A levels so he wont be any trouble this weekend, i need to remind the eldest im racing sunday, so please dont crash about and spill stuff in the kitchen pissed up at 4am sunday (like he did before brighton).
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    LMH - any ideas if its cups or bottles? Think it was bottles last yr. Ill bring a bottle (of luco) anyway, as that worked ok at Brighton.
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Wardi Pitchcroft is fast tarmac around the racecourse so pretty much like York whereas the Worcester one is hard trail through woods. They've altered the course slightly since I did it to avoid the early bottleneck I believe
  • Good luck to TR & LMH for the weekend.  It looks like the weather gods have been unkind (again!) but play the cards you're dealt and you'll get something decent out of it.  Just DBS.
  • TR - it was definitely bottles last year. Are you going to have your lucozade put out at one of the drinks stations? Beer has carbs in! I shall be having my usual glass of red tomorrow night.

Cheers CD - would be worse if we were racing today or tomorrow. Sunday doesn't look bad at the moment though of course there's still time for that to change.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    CD - will hopefully be a much less tough day than 8 weeks ago (for various reasons).

LMH - ill carry the luco from the off and drink it whilst im in my lap 1 armchair. No beer til Sunday for me, if its a shorter race then id still have a few the night before.
  • PadamsPadams ✭✭✭
    Good luck TR and LMH on Sunday, hope everything goes to plan!

I'll be "watching" Marigold too...

About 29M so far this week for me, including 11M on Tuesday evening for the track session. Maybe just an easy jog tomorrow morning before the HM on Sunday. On my lunchtime run today my legs felt good for the first time in ages, although maybe it was just being a bit cooler thanks to the light rain.
  • And you Padams.
  • TickTockTickTock ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to wish the Yeovil  two a great day out. I hope you both have good runs and get the results you want.

Just ticking over at the moment.  Next marathon is Abingdon and then going back to Valencia in December. So will start proper training again soon.
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    Good luck TR and LMH - Smash it!!
  • Can I maybe just tickle it a bit and see what it does?  :)

It is filthy here this morning - not sure what to do about my last taper run. It will be too late by the time we've travelled but I usually feel pretty shite if I haven't run the day before a race though given how wet it is it would be more of a swim.
  • All the best LMH and TR! I know I couldn't bash out another marathon just yet. I am in awe. 
  • saintjasonsaintjason ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Weather here is filthy this morning. Going to have to head out in it soon though! 

Big weekend then with Comrades (as Padams alluded to) and the mighty Sale Harriers men going for a hat-trick of victories in the Welsh castles relay. I used to make the team 10 years ago :( Women defending champions too. 

Forecast looks good on my app for Yeovil tomorrow. Not too warm either. Hope that materialises but these apps can vary quite a bit I guess.

TR - sounds as though you've had plenty of things to keep you on your toes in the run up, thankfully nothing as headspace demanding as before Brighton which is good. 

LMH - you may just surprise yourself once you get into the groove. Not feeling at your best might mean you start off a tiny bit more conservatively which rewards you at the end. 

Padams - opposition best look out, legs feeling surprisingly good spells trouble for them. 

Stevie - the chats were good mate and I'll miss the distraction they provide at my next race (which I'm still dithering over). 

• OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    Weather surprisingly unfilthy here this morning. So will avoid my 9 mile drenching last night, which was lovely though. 
    Best of luck to tomorrow's racers, Padams, LMH & TR. For June, good racing conditions.  Go get it done, lots of positives going into the races. 
  • StevieWhStevieWh ✭✭✭
    SJ - I enjoyed them too, will have to brush up on my German for Berlin! Have you seen Abingdon entries are full? I think there's usually a waiting list though
  • LS21LS21 ✭✭✭
    Morning. Good luck to the Yeovil 2 and padams tomorrow. DBS and all that.

Weather pretty grim here too but I managed an enjoyable 8 miler this morn before work. One of the first things I did after moving to the Lakes was buy a good quality Gore running jacket. Even with a long period of not being able to run it's still had a fair amount of hammer, including this morning! Good bit of kit though. I'm just shy of 40 miles for this week now with tomorrow still to come, so I'll hopefully crack the 50 barrier. Starting to feel like I'm actually running as opposed to wading through treacle now too, although the pace is still north of 8'00 (despite it feeling pretty much what 6'45ish felt like 2 years ago!) Progress though.

And re Abingdon - it will be full but you'll DEFINITELY get a place if you want one. Come August time there's absolutely loads of them going spare. I've officially entered Abingdon 3 times and not used my number, and then raced it 3 other times using someone else's entry (once via selbs and once via TT!)
  • saintjasonsaintjason ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I did not know Abo was full. Kinda suspected it would be though as I've been too damned busy to sort it all out. Will opt for something else then. 

Good news indeed LS21, nice to see and feel some progress. Jacket sounds good and since I'm south of you in the precipitation capitol of the world: Manchester, I ought to get something decent too. Happy to get a link if you recommend it, always a pain researching and reading reviews online. 

I managed to find a window along the canal here when it wasn't chucking it down. 8 miles with 5x3 minutes. Felt quite hard actually especially off 60 sec recoveries. Just trying to keep some speed in my legs rather than training for anything atm. 

Edit: meant to wish Stevie well in your 10k. Sounds like a scenic route round Warwick/Leamington. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks again for the good wishes.

Tick Tock - I'll see you at Abo. It closed a few weeks ago. There will defo be numbers available as LS21 says. But you have a lot of choice up north too SJ.

SJ - agreed id trained from Brighton for ages and wasnt in rhe right frame of mind when it came round, then rhe wind blew. I will hopefully never have another race that tough.

If Yeovil was today, id have thrown the toys out the pram as its really blowing. 

2m done, no more training til thurs or fri. A sensible first lap tomorrow (i shall do my best to pack the handbrake) and then we'll see where we are.