Sub 3

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    22 easy miles in an easy paced 2:55 today, 2 gels, 1 luco, no mp or +10%,, just a time on feet run. Which i thought would probably be a good run wether im 3 weeks out or 6 weeks out......strange week in the end i was trying to take it easier with no mlr and ended up with 6,10,10,10,10,10 and 22.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Good miles on a windy day TR, a decent week again too. 

I have been feeling a bit leg weary for most of the week so I kept a lid on it today with just over 5m.  I'll see how the legs feel tomorrow before deciding on a distance.  Not too many regrets having a bit of an easier week in this weather!
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    A good week to take it easy, indeed!

Nice 22, TR.

10 with six hill loops for me. I'd hoped the hill loop would be a bit more sheltered from the 40mph winds than it was so it ended up being about form and strength rather than speed, but after 2 months of sessions where I've been pace watching, it was actually rather nice to have a change!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Wardi- how were the legs today?

Jools - agreed re the pace watching. I did the 12 x 3 mins instead of the 6m tempo friday and it was much more enjoyable. I think im going to just keep the mp or tempo runs as every few weeks as a benchmark.

6m easy today.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    TR.. still a bit tired but better for the last couple of easier days.  Headed for the racecourse where last week's vertical windsock was almost horizontal!  Still, only one half mile section where it was best described as 'bracing' so did a couple of laps.  With the journey to/from the car park it ended up at 11.2m, 60m for the week.  Looks like the winds are thankfully easing from tomorrow.  Curry and a beer later.

NIce MLR/hill session Jools
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    20 miles @ 8.05s to bring up 59 for the week.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    Wardi - you have been running some really good weekly mileages lately, so possibly that? And the weather being pants.
    TR - Another impressive week and long run. I like the way (like all on this thread) no fuss, just getting it done. 
    Jools - Good 10m and backed up with a 20 today. Nice work.
    Really enjoyable hilly 19m for me, country lanes, forestry tracks that sort of thing in 2.30 and in the sunshine. Longest run since October to bring up 62m for the week which is the best since Aug 2020 so slowly ramping things up. Getting jabbed tomorrow, so a rest day.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Wardi - another windy day so good that yr legs were fresher. Enjoy the refreshments.

Jools - nice. When was the last time you did a 20?

OO - sounds like a great run today. Good news re the jab, im next AG to get the call so should be soon.
  • My best mate literally just got his about 30 minutes ago. I'm jealous. That's what you get for having a best mate 15 years older than you, left behind on the jab front! 

Just 12 miles for me today in the howling gale. No rain though. 
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    TR: 53 weeks since my last 20!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    CC - yours wont be long, they are speeding through the age groups.

Joolska - oh wow, well done then. Will you keep the odd 20 in now ? Vlm build up will start in July?
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    True grit in a howling wind CC2.  If it's any consolation early jabs are one the few luxuries of being old.   :)
    Nice 20m on top of yesterday Jools - hope you found some sheltered spots!
    OO.. a fair assessment, I should know better at my age.  The accumulation of several weeks of big miles have perhaps taken a toll.  Sun and light winds due tomorrow which is a relief.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    I think 18 weeks out is the very end of May, TR, so full-on P&D will be back before I know it. Just need to add a couple of miles onto the MLRs now. The idea is to do the odd 20 in the next 8 weeks to ensure the endurance training is solid.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    6 miles recovery @8.36m/m.  A lovely morning for it, too!
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Sounds a good plan Joolska and your first 20m in  over a year,  and a recovery run this morning, great stuff. 
    Wardi - I am impressed by your weekly mileages and last week you did have your jab.  Last week was my first 60m+ for ages and I feel pooped.

Just had my jab at the local vaccination centre.  A massively impressive experience.  Had the OAZ one. In and out in c20 minutes and 15 of that was sitting in my car afterwards.  They are increasing the number of jabs today from 800 a day to 1300+, great news. 
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Good stuff OO, hopefully the jabs are the start of the way out for us all.
    Jools.. similar, afternoon 10k here and what bliss to run in nice temps and light winds. 
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Another one for the cat lovers..

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Jools - blimey, vlm training isnt far away then. I like your plan for the next 8 weeks, youve build a great base, and are already up to distance on the long run

OO - good news on the jab.

15m home tonight, no ice, hail, wind or rain, most strange for an after work mlr.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Rare rest day here, i contacted the phys to see if they open apr 12th, and they re open now and been vaccinated, so im going in for a hammy mot later.......booked my CV jab for next week too, the NHS app is letting 050s book now.
  • TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    TR - agree on the P&D +10%. Following (ex) coach's terminology I ran a few 90% efforts over 8-10 miles (basically Mara effort) and I dropped 10s a mile across 3 of them over 7 days, but I've always found them a grind, and that just reminded me why.
    Good luck with the hammy mot, and nice training as always.

Wardi - that's a lot of bins!!

Jools - Well done on the 20! I don't want to think about how long it has been since my last 20, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be my last marathon (November '17)!

Saw out my week with 5.5m on the Saturday (incl 2m @ 10k effort - 5:49) and 2m with my wife on Sunday to finish on 63m for the week. Bar an odd one-off that's my highest in over 2 years (and easily the most controlled and consistent I've been).
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    TT - Don't want to be the thread swot but believe your last 20m+ was Barcelona 2018. I remember as I was slightly disappointed with my time and felt slightly better when you pointed out the surprising amount of ascent of the course. 
  • TippTopTippTop ✭✭✭
    OO - I stand corrected; thank you. I'd completely forgotten about pacing a mate around there! :)
  • So much to catch up on here but the overarching comment would be a well done to everyone out there getting it done, especially in pretty dire conditions last week.

Jools - congrats on the 20. I think I'm approaching 17 months since my last 20. The Covid effect!
    OO - Well done on jab/mileage. Fingers crossed the post-jab days go smoothly.
    TR - A post work 15 is something to behold. The P&D principles being enacted. That 22 on a limited fuel intake is a good sign as well.
    CC2 - All sounding good. As Wardi suggests there's still benefits to being young and fit and down the jab list!

First indications are that my tests have come back clean. It was nice on my exercise ECG to see on-screen proof of the sensations i've been feeling. So the fact that nothing so far has caused them any concern is good. I can get back to running so i'll see how the body is generally feeling with some easy running this week (pretty fresh I hope!) and then i've got 9 weeks to Peterborough starting next week. 
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    TT - Nice mileage btw!
    RJR - That's really good news - I like the look of that Peterborough course.  Suspect the enforced rest would have not done you too much harm at all.

No real after-effects so far from the OAZ vaccine.  My arm - if I prod it - is a bit tender but other than that nothing.  Taking today easy though - just a couple of dog walks.  I've a second jab in early June which buggers up any chance of running the Dartmoor Discovery which is not a bad thing as it was a tough long 32m run, really too far out from my target race.  So looking like I will enter a trail marathon in South Wales instead in late June and see my family there too.  
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    TT.. good to see you back in the groove, great week of miles & very encouraging.
    TR.. top commuting miles last night & good news on the covid jab.  Hamstring check is well worth it if it's been niggling you on the harder runs.
    Joe.. that's a relief, should feel good to get back to some easy running to start with.
    OO.. in my last Barca they had tweaked the course to take some of the ascent out including the last 2k.  They also cut short the climb up to the Nou Camp.  The only downside is that the first out & back is even longer!
    Great to see you added to the first jab list.
    9.5m today, t-shirt & shorts this afternoon.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Going well so far TT

Good news Joe, hopefully you wont notice anything further

OO - good idea re the trail mara

Nice, t shirt and shorts means it was warm

Back and hammies freed up. Will take an easy commute run in tomorrow.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    Wardi - Thats good news on the Barca course, that last 2km uphill was a bit of a grind. Depending, it looks like a few of us from my running club are hoping to go in 2022. Fantastic city and a really good marathon. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Only did the minimal 5m commute this morning as my legs were a bit physio battered, been a light week with 6, 15, 0 and 5, bit of a mini break. Still smoked though !
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    Rest day here (although just done a strength & conditioning session, so I've not been a total slouch).  It took me a while to get to sleep last night, and then Mr. Jools' phone went in the middle of the night (he's on call this week), and then the boy-cat demanded breakfast before the alarm went off.  Knackered!