Sub 3

Comments

• WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of unfortunate disturbances Jools, sleep well tonight!
    TR.. I often feel heavy legged after a proper sports massage, I guess a couple of lighter days should re-energise you.
    OO.. I'm entered into the twice carried over Barca in November assuming it can go ahead, travel is ok etc.  It is usually warmer over there in November compared to the usual March date apparently.
    A bit chilly & cloudy this morning so set off with long sleeves & gloves on.  After about 4m the sky turned blue and the sun came out so sleeves were rolled up and gloves off!  It was so nice I decided to extend my intended 10m with an extra loop so 13.5m done.  What a contrast to last week!

• JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    The weather has been so much nicer, hasn't it, Wardi?  I don't blame you for adding on a bit.

A very pleasant morning here, too (after a much better night's sleep).  11 with a nippier clubmate, so 7.41s for a lumpy route.  I can go back to plodding tomorrow!
  • Jools - Pity the world doesn't recognise you need your rest and recovery in marathon training. Nice running today. Enjoy the plod.
    Wardi - cracking midweek run. Nice to take advantage of feeling good and good weather.
    TR - physio will be good in the medium to long term. sensible to back it off yday.

6 miles yesterday in very pleasant evening weather. Feels so much lighter later after a few weeks off. Good to be back but suspect it will take a few weeks to feel like I'm in training again.

• JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Good to hear that the vaccine hasn't adversely impacted folks training. Got mine this afternoon.
    Interesting RJR: I suffered similarly back in 2019 after 2 Spring marathons. I was also getting chest pain with tingling in my Left side. I backed right off training for a month then when I tried to return even a 5K had my HR going through the roof & left me feeling dizzy nauseous. I had an ECG & blood taken in June, a 24hr ECG in September, another ECG & bloods in Jan 20 & finally a CT scan in June 20! The 24hr ECG they told me not to run as the sensors might not stay on. I did a short jog & a hard bike effort to test it out though. They don't do the TM ECG on the NHS anymore as it is not a good diagnostic tool apparently?
    Shame as I was looking forward to it. Benefits of private healthcare. What could you see on the ECG?
    Still running c75-80 miles per week & climbing 7,000' too
    Entered Shepperdine Marathon on April 25th Good course with excellent PB potential on a still day, cheap & low key event for runners by runners. Link here if anyone fancies jumping into something on spec https://sites.google.com/site/roguerunsevents/home/our-events/shepperdine-marathon-and-half-marathon
  • Jooligan - that's interesting. yes feel privileged to have pmi and get a grands worth of tests for my excess. On the treadmill ECG I could see a bigger beat on the screen a few seconds after I felt it. Seems to be nothing more than ectopic beats. At this stage there's a max of a few every minute which I don't think is frequently enough to do anything about it which I'm fine with. But yes I was very pleased that they did an exercise ecg so that they're happy i can carry on running. they had me walking with an increasing gradient and speed for 12 mins which got my HR up to 150 which is not far off my marathon HR and that didn't cause them any concerns.

Congrats on vaccine and that marathon looks a good shout. I think you'll go well.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    Jools - Good luck with the marathon, would be tempted but too much travelling from here.  Some great weekly stats as always.
    Joolska - I love a good plod these days. 
    Wardi - Nice 13.5m and third times lucky with Barca.
    Joe- Good to see your back running.
    Taking it easy here (to the backing track of Craig David)  had the vaccine on Monday, rest day on Tuesday, 2 * 4 doubles on Wednesday and Thursday, think I will run an 8 miler on Friday. 
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Hope your jab has turned out to be trouble free OO.  I heard from a former poster on here who had a sore arm, felt out of sorts for 3-4 days.
    Jooligan.. good mileage & ascent as always.
    Joe.. welcome back to running again, great news that the test showed no cause for concern.
    Jools.. that's a decent pace for an undulating 11m, nice one!

2 x 4m today, cloudy but dry & pleasant temps.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Jools - nice one on the 11m, nearly got the mlr back up to distance

OO - very wise, i should have coordinated fizz and jab, as next week could be affected by the jab esp as i had CV so could be roughed up by the jab.

10m tonight, had a light week and out of nowhere i had an achey ankle when running!
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    4.5M easy at lunch. Had the jab at 4pm then ran another tempo session at 5pm. 8.5M all in @7:14 with first 5M in 33:26 before the hills. Alternated floats & hard efforts thereafter finishing with a 6:17 mile. No problematic post-vaccine symptoms here yet.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Jooligan -Performance enhancing. 
    TR  If you do feel rough, at least you know its your immune system doing its thing.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    12 miles at a more typical 8.10m/m for me today
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO - agreed, might rough me up, one of a few reasons why im favouring Goodwood now, which is apr 25th.

Joolska - ooh nice, back to back mlr days, you are building nicely.

Backed up last nights 10m with 10m inc 12x3min this morning, rep 10 or 11 included some killer whippet having a pop and putting a hole in my shorts and teeth marks in my hammy, didn't break the skin though.......weeks mileage looking a but better with the recent 20, now on 46 with tomorrows long run to go.

• Nice doubles Wardi and OO.
    Jooligan showing his pace to go with the climbing...Nice.
    TR - jeez. you always fear a dog is going to do something like that but I've never had a bite. Nice run all the same.
    Jools - Nice mileage. building up nicely.

rest yesterday, 8 today. HR probably 10 beats up from where it should be. Lost fitness or maybe some sort of infection bubbling up underneath.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Jools.. nice consecutive double digit runs.
    TR.. Hope your ankle has settled down, good session amongst that 10 miles.  It's a long time since I had any dog trouble but not nice when it happens.
    Joe.. raised HR could be a result of your enforced layoff, fitness will come back.
    Jooligan.. welcome to the jab club, hope you stay free of side effects.

10m here, bit of a grey day but dry & nice temps.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Steady as she goes joe

Legs were a bit tired after ydays intervals, but a slightly lumpy time on feet 22m in 2.58. Hammy was tight again after yday too, but the crankle was good. A lighter week with 68m, next week might be jab affected so we'll see how it goes.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Cracking effort on tired legs TR.. & 68m is still a decent week.  Easy day tomorrow?

Kept the handbrake on today, 5.2m easy.  Planning something a bit longer tomorrow, conditions look good. 
  • Very good TR, heading towards taper time?
    Sun currently shining here so hoping most are taking advantage of nice weather.

Backed up 8 on Friday with 10 yesterday. Then spent some hours boarding the loft which involved some squatting. In combo with the run has made my muscles pretty ache today so it'll only be a shake out for me later on. Feels like I may need another week to build up to some real training.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Wardi - how did todays run go, defo easy day here, weary 6m done.

Joe - i bet you had some achey legs for running today then........Runbritain will hopefully update this week, after Boris's roadmap update tomorrow. I think the minimise travel point still needs clarification, im controlling the controllables and swerving Dorney for Goodwood in 5 weeks.

6m easy, could be another lighter week ahead if the jab roughs me up.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    20 for me today at 8.08s to make 61 for the week. Hopefully the aerobic base is improving little by little!
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Great stuff TR & Joolska, solid marathon training. Well done. So TR looks like Goodwood for you? 
    Joe - Easy does it.
    A very un marathon runner week for me. Suspect I have early stage shin splints so 5 days of 4m doubles on a soft field surface not to excarebate them. Hopefully a more normal week this.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Hope you've caught the shin problem in time OO,  nasty niggle if it gets worse.
    Another 20 miler Jools!  Great stuff, you should be more than ready to step into marathon mode.
    Joe.. Nice DIY skills, not sure why so many domestic tasks involve squatting, bending, on your knees etc.  Hope you can continue to up the miles gradually without any dramas.
    TR.. fingers crossed  for Goodwood then.  Hope the 6m shake out loosened your legs up.

Lovely morning here, mostly sunny and temps around 9-12 degrees.  It was quite windy yesterday but this had thankfully reduced to light winds today.  Just over 15m done, felt quite warm with a t-shirt on.  Oh, and the outdoor trumpet player was there under his usual tree strutting his stuff which lifted my spirits.  Last few 'long' runs 12, 13, 14, 15.  :)
    68m for the week, Indian nosh and a Kingfisher or two later.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Ooh nice jools, you've had another good week, esp the last few days.

OO - i remember having a dustbin of water in the garden for a period of time when i started up as an adult, at the end of each run id ease my shin splints in the cold water. Strange as a seasoned runner though, have you changed anything ?

Wardi - excellent stuff, youve been building nicely too. Enjoy the refreshments. My run was slow after big miles yday and too many frothies last night.
  • OO, there was an England Athletics webinar a month or so ago on self myofascial release and it covered shin rolling. You should be able to find it on the EA hub somewhere. I'd never tried it before. It bloody hurt the first time but like anything else, you get used to it. 

For the first time this lockdown I drove a short distance for my exercise today. The council are digging up the only flat footpath round here that isn't lined with shops and I had 10 miles at 7s on the schedule. Plus WU and CD of course. I ran the Notts 10 course and it came out at 6.53s. I wasn't dying on my arse like I normally would be at the end of 10 miles at MP, in fact I was barely out of breath and my first cool down mile still came out at 7.26. So I'm very chuffed with that. The last time I raced the Notts 10 I was slower, although to be fair I had an absolute shocker that day.  
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    10m at MP is very impressive without a number on CC2!  Encouraging that you had something left in the tank at the finish too.

Legs a bit tired today so just a 5m shakeout off road.  Lovely day up here.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    6 recovery yesterday and then 8 with 12 sets of strides today. A bit grey in Bristol. Sounds like Wardi has the lovely sunshine we had yesterday!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Good news CC, the coaching is paying off as well as the ordering of the sessions.

13m run commute home last night, quick turnaround for 9m inc 12x3min early doors today as i wanted to get it done before my jab this morning.

Jab gratefully received, thank you to scientists, govt and NHS. They said it might rough me up as id had CV.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    What a run Speedy, well done and thanks for the tip on my possible shin splints. 
    TR - Maybe the fast 10K I ran the other week, that's all I can think, and of course ageing :-(   Good you got a decent run in, take it easy now, plenty of water.

A really sunny day here, so with my work to do list done, went out for a 2 hour bike ride visiting various beaches and coves, got home and then a 4m plod. 
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    That's still a good day's exercise OO, I did a few long bike rides the last time I had shin pain.
    TR.. 22m in 2 days is good, well crammed in!  Great news on the jab too, hope you don't get any after effects.
    Jools.. it didn't last alas, grey & breezy today but dry/decent temps so no complaints.

Revisted a traffic free cycle/pedestrian path through pleasant countryside near York today, haven't been there for a while.  10.5m done, added a bit on to see if the takeaway count on my old commuting route had increased.  There are now 5 within 50 sq. metres. :)
  • TR - Fingers crossed jab treats you well. My Mum probably had covid early on and didn't react well to the jab but no one warned her of that which I thought was odd. So nice to see they did for you. Good week's running last week as always.
    Wardi - the temptation increases! Nice that some businesses are opening up at this time. Nice 10.5.
    CC2 - That sounds like a stellar run. Hopefully it's all coming nicely together.
    Jools - You seem to be executing a training plan to the tee atm. Great stuff.
    OO - As someone 100 miles from the nearest recognised beach I'm jealous of that bike ride and the ability to get some sea air!

I bottled the easy Sunday run in the end and Monday was a rest day anyway so a gradual start to retraining. Happy that I felt much more like it yesterday for 9 miles. HR more sensible but legs still straining a little as I tick them over. 
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    12 miles steady this morning. 74 in the last 7 days, but postponing the rest day to Friday so I can veg in front of the Olympic trials for just over 2.5 hours.

Sounds like a sensible rebuild, Joe.