Options

Can We Talk Diets

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a good club, mine is ok but we have no structured training, we just go on runs around the area of various lengths, i.e. 3 or 4 miles or ten k.

Going tomorrow night, my friend said she would run/walk with me, thats friendship!!
  • Options
    Good luck Julie - even though no structure as such you say you are with like minded people who know where you are coming from. It's good you've got someone to go along with you never know - shemay struggle to keep up with you not the other way round.
    Ems
  • Options
    I gave up going to the club because they were all heeps faster than me and it was far too hard. Hardly anyone spoke and I didn't see their heels for dust anyway.

My old club was much better but I moved and its too far to go.

Mad Julie - I know where you are coming from. I used to run 40 miles a week and did a half in 1.50 and a marathon in 4.33. Never really stopped although had to cut down due to medical problems and before I knew it I had gained 5st!!! I was reduced to walking everytime I went out. Did the GNR 2 years ago in 3.35!!!!

Have now got my half back to 2.33 and working on getting faster (I hope).

Been good with the healthy eating today as well.
  • Options
    Speedy G - I think you are brilliant to loose 5 stone, I think loosing weight is the hardest thing I've ever done - stopping smoking 10 years ago was a piece of cake compared with this (no pun intended!).

It would be good if you could go to a shop and buy, say, two pounds of willpower, a pound of self control and half a ton of believing you can do it!

Made a chicken curry for tonights meal, no preservatives, just spices and herbs, also tomatoes, spinach and chick peas. Was really nice. Now is the time for me to start picking so I thought I would read and re-read these threads. Once Big Brother comes on at 9 I am ok, looking at all those slinky size 8's and 10's keeps me on track!

Have a good night everyone who's on here, signing off now 'til morning.
  • Options
    Julie
    and those "perfect " size 8s and 10s-well-on BB, they clearly are sad, very unhappy people

being thin doent make you happy
  • Options
    nah

it just makes you hungry!
  • Options
    when i was size 8, i wasnt hungry

just unhappy
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen ✭✭✭
    I think it is a matter of finding the size that is right for you to be, that allows you to feel well both physically and mentally. I also think that that ideal size varies very much for different people, and probably varies over the course of life as well. I know some larger women who are obviously very at home in their bodies, look absolutely beautiful and goddess-like and are very healthy and active. I would never dream of suggesting that they should lose weight. I personally developed health niggles as I got larger. None of them were really serious, but in combination they got me down and made me feel and look ill and tired most of the time. That is one reason why I did decide on a weight loss campaign. Since for me this involved cutting down hugely on alcohol and fatty processed snacks, I have benefitted in more than just weight loss. I am now making an effort to stay more or less where I am in weight, because it gives me a very visible way of checking that I am staying on track, so that I can continue to benefit from the increased fitness and energy that a healthy way of eating has finally given me. And yes, I do admit I like the fact I can play around more with clothes. I even get cast-offs from my daughters LOL!!!