HR Advice

TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
We are looking to start hiring Customer Service people who will have access to sensitive financial information. Can any of you that work in either HR or banking give me any advice on any checks you can do prior to employing someone.

Can you still get details from the police if they have any previous convictions or is something that only the person in question can access?

Ta

Comments

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    You can, but only under specific circumstances, such as if they will be working with children or vulnerable adults, I think.

Have a look here.
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Thanks Wilkie, looks like we won't be able to use that then! :)
  • I work for a High Street bank, as well as the usual referencing - education, work history etc. some jobs involve staff having a criminal records check.
    They obviously have to agree to this, and are made aware that this is a possibility when they apply - however, would any oranisation employ someone who wasn't happy for this to be done?
    Its call Disclosure Scotland.
    The employee completes the application for the check, and the confidential response is returned to them, they then forward it to HR to prove all is ok.
  • You'll need to make reference to the Data Protection Act too...
  • Aaah - HR rather than Heart Rate. I geddit.
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Sorry Cougs, work head on rather than running head :)
  • I'd be delighted to talk to you, I work in recruitment, do email me on jladd@kellyservices and I will take you through the checks that we can do!

In essence we can carry out CRB (or Disclosure Scotland if you live in Scotland) checks on individuals and / or credit and fraud checks. There is a personal data check can also be carried out (this is very basic).

We can supply such staff, and of course carry out the above checks. There are cost implications to carry out the above checks! Be aware that there is currently a time lag on getting the CRB checks done - anything up to 5 weeks currently!!