Ironman insurance

I'm a BTA member which covers me for loss of things like life limbs etc when racing globally but not equipment or transport.

last year - I spent £55 on a "gold package" for whole holiday to Switzerland and forgot to claim back my E34 drip and my lost goggles so ended up paying for it anyway....

I have an e111 card and normal travel insurance etc.


1)Should I get extra IM specific insurance or am I just doing overkill?

2)If so what is the best to get?


  • BTA doesn;t cover WTC events...and nah.

    Did you have to pay for a drip?
  • yes it was 34 euros.

    Cartman was so tight he hid all his veins - i saw him do it...
  • is that can not be assed? or a company CM?
  • I insured me for the day and my bank holiday insurance covers me for the rest of the week!
    Havent got the bike insured I dont think ...
  • fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    always best to insure yourself first - and your bike 2nd.....

    I broke my jaw skiing and had 5 days in hospital with an operation as a result - insurance was in place and the only thing I had to pay for was my drugs.......they settled everything direct with the hospital, pisteurs, helicopter rescue - the works...........

    piece of mind if nowt else..........
  • Oh well - I used these guys last time - probably will do again - Linky

  • I used them Zilla

    now, do we need seperate Ergo cover for the flight ???
  • They don't do a platinum cover...
  • Ta for the reminder - I forgot last time Oops !
  • erm - aren't we covered on the day? i've got my trusty boots insurance for the rest of the trip.
  • JD, you cycle in Boots not shoes? Is that to get a bit of extra pedaling momentum, like a fly wheel?
Sign In or Register to comment.