Nike+ on the front page

Comments

• Ummm...this NIKE+ seems like a fab idea and I alway run with my Nano - but you telling me you can only use it with Nike+ shoes?? That seems real silly and annoying if that's the case. Also...its not going to fit in the Ipod armband holder!!:)
  • Hi Foo Bar.

How do you download music from US version of iTunes Music Store?

Calibrated gizmo tonight, worked perfectly with sensor tie-wrapped under my shoelaces. Downloaded to Nike.com with ease. How does it know what distance I have run?? I am confused but very happy with my new toy.

Go buy it tomorrow. Runalong!
  • I have been considering an s625x for a while to upgrade my old polar, purely for the pace/distance information.

Does the nike+ system work in a similar way to the s625x or is it effectively an expensive pedometer? I already own a nano, and if it is as accurete as an s625x, it seems like a bargain to me. (presume you can listen to normal music still as you run?)
  • I have a Garmin 301 and to be honest, I think I have got so tied up in looking at it as I run (worrying about speed, heart rate etc) that I have wrecked all my pacing

To go back to basics, for me, seems like a good idea.

As I already own a Nano I am more than happy to pay the £19 but, like Han Lilac, wonder if it will fit into an armband.

From the photo on the website the Nike armband looks a tight fit and if you are adding an inch or so to the length, will the Nano still fit.

If anyone has any experience of this I would be pleased to know the answer

Thanks
  • whitbot: Well... It's pretty tricky to get a US account without having a card on a US address. However, I bought a $50 itunes card and could create an account with it :)
  • Foo Bar

How did you get your 50 dollar itunes card?

Has been bugging me and hubby for ages, as the US site has so much more music on it.

Cheers
  • I actually bought it in an apple store in the US. But all you need off it is the number under the scratch card. I'm sure it's possible to buy these cards over the net somewhere, or if you know anyone in the US they could get one for you and send you the code.
  • I'm going to the US in November and am happy to accept cash.

:)
  • This new gizmo just looks like another chance for Apple and Nike to suck gullible punters wallets dry
  • Bought mine today, and have to say very impressed.

I know its probably isnt as useful as a garmin/polar overall, but for £19 who can complain (ok, I already use a nano).

No problems fastening the sensor to shoes using tape, didnt lose it first time out anyway. Distance readings seems reasonably accurate. I would suggest this is a very reasonably priced little gadget.
  • Damn I wish I wasn't a techno feak!!!

I couldn't resist!

Old MP3 player was dying... and have tried hard to resist joining the IPOD club....

Was also considering upgrading my polar to one with the SD running gadget...

so bought a new nano and a nike+ in one easy movement (of the credit card!!) *gulp*

So tonight - charged the ipod, transferred some tracks and worked out how to secure the sensor under my laces...

Can't wait for my run tomorrow!!

• OK, got mine yesterday. Superb. I've not been running that long but did my first 10k the other week at Holme Peirrepoint.

Anyway, I've been through a few pairs of shoes and no way changing at this stage.

I've found out that the sensor doesnt work unless its somewhere near horizontal - I tried it vertical down my sock but that didnt work.

I went out yesterday for a run with it under my sock on top of my foot. Its so small I didnt feel it.

I've now fixed it onto my laces. Its quite difficult as its got rounded edges, so I've made something using the packaging that lets you just use your laces. I'm going to post the photos up at my website www.markcherry.com shortly...

This kit is just superb though!

• I've put the photos of how to make a lace up holder over here

http://nikeplusuk.blogspot.com/
  • Genius,ok, I know its a glorified petometer and I can only run in asics shoes but I love it!! Had to download more up to date software for my itunes to get it to work (slight panic set in when i excitedly connected it to my nano and it said it was incompatable). Then worked out a mile route on google earth which i ran to calibrate it and that worked fine with it stuffed horizontally down the front of my sock), then proceeded to run a cheeky 5k and pressed the centre button every so often (okay, quite a lot) to hear a polite (but american) lady telling me my distance, time and pace!! Might check out what the bloke sounds like as she was a bit boring! The only problems were that I had to put my nano in my running armband upside down as it doesnt fit with the extra attachment and the foot sensor slipped around my sock a bit... need more ideas on that one as I am sticking to my asics, might try attaching it to my laces somehow! Powertrack was fun too!

Can see why you would think twice if you had to buy a nano too but I am a long lover of ipods so personally think it is well worth it!! Go buy one!!
  • I succumbed and bought mine ysterday... along with a nano from an official apple shop in th ebullring in Birmingham...

added to the list I wanted an armband holder..

oops... sorry madam none of the ones we stock will hold the ipod with the new reader on the bottom.. oops...

You need one of the Nike armbands... unfortunately we are out of stock, and there is a worldwide constraint on themm..

Grrr.... Maybe try a JJB, etc as the belief is they have bought a "job lot" and wiped out the worldwide supply! Doh!!

Fortunately, down the stairs was a JD sports, with NIKE+ in the windows..

They had LOADS of the armbands in... but £24.99!! What a rip off! especially as the super cool gadget only costs £19!!!!

humpfh... anyway.. been to spin and stuck at work now... want it to cool down abit then hopefully can go for a run later and try it out!!

:-)
  • Oh, I ordered one and now having read all the posts am wishing I went and bought one so I could be using it now. Hopefully it will come tomorrow.

Can you feel the sensor when it's inbetween your tongue and the laces?
  • BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    bought mine on friday. ooo cant wait to try it out!!
  • I've got a tiny key holder pocket which fixes to my laces. I think it's by Nathan but hoping that will do the trick. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Can you buy them anywhere or do you have to order online?
  • Like the key holder idea!

I bought mine in the nike shop, Oxford st, but you can buy them all over... JD sports, john lewis's, there's a list on nike's website of stockists in your area!
  • I wonder how long it will take someone to produce insoles for all other brand names with a hollow for the widget.
  • Hi -

Between the laces and tongue you cant feel it at all. It does have to be tight, you can imagine it would not be that accurate if its moving around - so the key holder idea is good so long as theres not lots of space to move around in.

Went out again today.. I checked the Community section of the nike plus website and have managed to get 6th fastest 5k time in GB. Not a great time by any means, just the week is to Sundays and they were only out from Thursday ;)

More over at http://nikeplusuk.blogspot.com
  • I did a treamill run with a non calibrated unit and it was excatly spot on. Well chuffed.

I'm not sure about the community leader boards though as the fastest posted 5K time is 9.41 which is a fair bit below the current WR!
  • Hi
    I ordered mine at the week-end, but cant seem to get hold of an armband
    I tried a couple of JD sport shops today (in Swindon), to try to get the Nike armband, but they didn't know what I was talking about.
    Does anyone know where you can get one online.
    I
  • Noticed them at www.sweatshop.com

• Sorry, thats www.sweatshop.co.uk
  • Thank's for that, I will look at Sweatshop's website now.
  • In case anyone is interested, I got a nice little Nike lace-on key holder in the sale at Lillywhites for £4.19 in the sale. Looks like it will do the trick perfectly. Just need to get the kit now.
  • Tempted to use a strip of ducktape over my laces. It'd be aerodynamic too ! ;-)
  • Older Runner

I too am in Swindon. If you want a running partner, please mail me

Ta!