Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

Comments

• Welcome, snowgoon. Sounds like you are following a good program. Good thing about fitness running is there is no rush.

Emma (not to be confused with Em), good luck in your race tonight. Which one is it?
  • Snowgoon - heya, welcome, & congrats on losing a stone :) Proper shoes are a real must - everything else can come later you need to look after your feet.

Mistym. - opposite end of the country here NE, but my husband is from Bristol if that counts ;)

Emmilou - good luck at the running club, my running came on in leaps and bounds when I joined up.

kwilter38 - argos online have a bike for £80, delivered to your door in a couple of days.

qwery - glad I helped inspire you - thats what its all about :D
  • Just noticed the dehyde shirts are still only 30% polyester. 70% cotton might be okay for leisure, but not sure about running.
  • 33.8C in the Marches - whats rain? <wilt>
  • I heard that thunder is forecast for Yorkshire on thursday. Ahhh, that should freshed it up a bit.
  • Yes I am counting Bristol in Vicki!

Hi Snowgoon, what a nice and cooling name! I started on the 30sec run/walk in April and am now up to running for 8 minutes so it definitely works! Welcome to INSPIRE :-)

Washing now out and strong breeze starting to blow through!
  • Thanks Stu.

Err... is it a bit cheeky if I take a stab at the INSPIRE graphic (I do a little design stuff)... if so, what's your email?
  • Sure, the graphic was designed by Big David. My original attempt was rubbish, so all contributions are very welcome!

My email is stuart_rayner@hotmail.com

Not sure if it is enabled in my profile here. Must check...
  • Welcome Snowgoon ... lovely to have you on board. Keep posting your progress .. I'm really interested :-)

Qwerty ... which village do you live in?
  • thanks for the good wishes guys off to pack a bag in a mo!! apparently we shower and go off to the pub afterwards - very jolly I must say. just found out that quite a few are racing tonight so members numbers will be reduced but perhaps for me not such a bad thing!! less names to remember all at once - unlike like this thread!

ps am I em or emma? or ems or emi - too confusing perhaps I'll try a new name - never had a nickname at school and always wanted one!!
  • Good God this thread is moving quickly. About 10 pages since I was last on!

Big Hello to all!

Vicky T what a fantastic story. Much
    respect to you.

Am also doing Sunderland 5k tonight (I think its gonna be a hot one) & I put my entry form for the Nissan 10k in the postbox this afty.

Allie I think I'm gonna do the Jelly Tee as its perfect for my GNR training.

Any ideas of where/when everyone is to meet up for drinks over GNR weekend?
  • Emmilou enjoy your night tonight.

Joining a club was definitely the best thing I could have done to help my running. I was absolutely petrified on my first night (I went on my own as well) & was so worried about everything.

I just wish I had done it sooner!
  • Wow I have had difficulty catching up!! I am at a disadvantage that my job involves being out and about so can't keep tabs!

Welcome to fellow newbies and my thoughts with those with injuries (recovering myself).

I do love the sun, but 36 degrees is plain ridiculous!

Have a good afternoon/evening!
  • I'm off out soon, but if I don't post now, I'll have an even longer post to write tomorrow.

Welcome Snowgoon. Well done on your weight loss so far and good luck with the run walk schedule.

Good luck Morgs and Vicky tonight - might join you both in the Nissan 10k - I have the application at home. We might be able to meet up afterwards - if you're prepared to hang about for me ;)

Stu - why don't people email you designs and we could maybe vote on which ones we like best - then anyone who wants to can have a go?
  • love the design a logo idea Allie...

Snowgoon, the jog Scotland thing looks really good. It's sweeping the country isn't it?

Allie. I'm easy on the run route. Either early Saturday morning (7ish) or monday later morning/lunchtime would be good. I am staying out of town at the Novotel, and I have never been to Newcastle so no ideas. An easyish 3 miles would be ideal. Need energy for shopping, and cheering!!!
  • It's my night off running tonight but I'll be doing some of that tidying and ironing cross-training and then I'm going to get up at 6 tomorrow to get out before the heat kicks in. I wouldn't mind a run in the rain if it so desires!!

Come on the rain!

These t-shirt ideas are brilliant! I love the little beetroot man. It looks like ME .... without my curly hair, of course!!! And no I don't look in the mirror when I get home, I can just feel myself lighting up the neighbourhood!

Em - you're a lucky dab! You're getting to meet everyone! Wish I could be there girls! Definitely thinking about popping in for a cuppa on the way to Wales.
  • Morgs - gimme a shout if you see me tonight - blond hair, flourescent shorts, number 104

I've been drinking water all day in the hopes of staying relatively hydrated through the race, though all that's happened so far are frequent visits to the loo :S
  • OTH - Winscombe, 'bout 3 miles from Cheddar, 10ish from Weston-Super-Mud. Despite being on the edge of the Mendips, I've found somewhere dead level to run as I'm not up to hills yet, but I live (and run) in hope!

All you wilting people out there, the temp on my garden thermometer has dropped 13 celcius in the last 90 mins, the wind's getting up and cooler weather from the west should soon be heading your way!!
  • Done it, just entrered on-line - Swansea 5K August 8th - it will be my first race in nearly 3 years! My last 5K was March 28th 1998 as organised for the Dallas Fire department - I know cause I'm wearing the T shirt now.
  • yep...getting some strong breezes in off the Severn now, thankyou for sharing...having fun watching my neighbours half finished roof flapping about. (hee hee)

Siân!!! You must call in and see me, I would love it!!! I'm on a roll here!! You must pass very near, we could meet at my gym for a coffee, which is in Chepstow (St.Pierre Golf Club) or you could take a small detour for a run in the forest? We'll make sure OTH is off work that day too.

(It has been said that I get about a bit...in the nicest way of course!)

Anyone on the Isle of Man??? We're off there in August...
  • WAY TO GO MIJ!!!

good on ya buddy...

:-)
  • Mij, the clicky mouse thing not good for the nerves. Entered 10k at Badminton earlier this week - it's just toooooo easy to enter on-line, I think there should be a health warning.

All I've got to do now is the training.....gulp!!
  • ...another meeting coming on...I'm doing the badminton 10k qwerty!
  • Good luck Vicki and Morgs.

Right that is me off to Hampshire finally!

Raining here now but not much.

See you all on Saturday.
    Happy running or/and walking.

MMxx
  • Emilou,- hope you have a good time at the club, you'll be fine !

MIj - great stuff mate, well done you'll be ok !

EM - you''re fairly meeting up with folk !

Snowgoon - I'm a member of JogScotland also, nice shirts eh ?
    No rain, just FOG again !!!

Take care all !!
  • Aren't I just Fred? ( although poor qwerty has not actually agreed as of yet!!)

I was after coming up for some of your cool weather this morning, but you said it was warming up, so I cancelled. (Close escape buddy.)
  • Bloomin' hec! I only went to work, the thread has doubled in size!

No running for me tonight, it's just too hot! Is 50 lengths of the pool a reasonable substitute?! I figure it's better than nothing! I did the same last night because running in this heat just makes me feel ill!
  • sounds good to me...have a good swim.
  • Will try! Still waiting for it to cool down up 'ere! I'm going to Somerset to stay with my parents for a week so I'm pretty sure the weather will change by then! Soon as I get to the coast the temperature falls!!
  • Just the race details this time folks ... will post the rest separately.

INSPIRE Running Club - Race Details

Mike – Trentham 10mile – 23rd July
    Beaker – Chicks Chase, MK – 5k – 27th July
    Happy – 26th Wedding Day Race, Bushy Park – 7k – 28th July
    Mij – Swansea – 5k – 8th Aug
    Dingus, Peterhead - Peterhead 10k - 27th Aug.
    LE & Hubby – Overton – 5 mile – 2nd Sept
    Hotfeet – Women’s Hydroactive Challenge, Hyde Park – 5K – 3rd Sept
    Bourne – Women’s Hydroactive Challenge, Hyde Park – 5K – 3rd Sept
    Emmilou – Yorkshireman Half Mara – 13.1 miles – 5th Sept
    Allien - Jelly Tea Run - 10 miles - 10th Sept
    Mike H - Lichfield 10K - 10th Sept
    Em, Forest Of Dean - Badminton 10k - 17th Sept
    Siân & Mykey – Neath Port Talbot Cancer Challenge – 5k – 17th Sept
    Uk Yankee Singleton, Kent - Faversham 10k -17th Sept
    Rob (Treiziste) – Cancer Research race – 10k – 17th Sept
    Ice Queen – Swansea Bay – 10k – 24th Sept
    Matilda – Swansea Bay – 10k – 24th Sept
    Purple Penguin – Roade Triathlon – 24th Sept
    Dingus, Peterhead – GNR - 13.1 miles - 1st Oct
    Corinthian – GNR – 13.1miles – 1st Oct
    Morgs – GNR – 13.1 miles – 1st Oct
    Bourne – RunLondon – 10k – 8th Oct
    Rob – Great Cumbrian Run – 13.1 miles – 15th Oct
    Bourne – Leeds Castle, Cancer Research – 10k – 15th Oct
    Minardi – GER – 13.1 miles – 15h Oct
    Matilda – Cardiff Half Mara – 13.1 miles – 15th Oct
    LE – GSR - 10miles - 22nd Oct
    Little Tiger – Weston Park, Cancer Research – 10k – 22nd Oct
    Happy – New York Marathon – 26.2miles – 5th Nov
    INSPIRE Ladies – Dingus’ 5K Kilt run, TBA

If you would like your upcoming race details posted please just post the request giving where it is, date of run, length of run – cheers