Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

Comments

• TL-I had a long run the night before so a morning run was the only real option. Sorry to hear about your colleague.

Hi Dee

The run was fine, if a bit damp. Battersea was flooded....with JP Morgan employees to a race so my usual route was buggered up. Bit of very basic yoga this morning to ease things off.

Have a good day all.

• good afternoon all

TL that sounds like a busy week, sorry to hear of your colleague

we had the torch last week, great to see but was all over too quickly

well done on the run mykey

• Hi Q

Managed a 2.6 mile run in 30 mins today without pain.

Will have to think about some 10k training soon, as I'm aiming for one in October

Tips anyone?
  • Mornign all

Q- sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope it continues to improve.

Mykey - still following the crazy plan?

TL - sounds like you have a busy schedule. sorry to hear about your colleague.

I have managed a couple of short runs this week, no time today but will try a longer run tomorrow if things go to plan!

• Olympic torch done, union jack tea towel as a bandana done, 11 mile run done, mate moved to new house done, curtain poles, pictures etc done, I am wrecked.  Funeral tomorrow to attend then a completely crazy week. Running in the diary , lets see what happens. 

• PB'd my 5K on Sunday 26.06 image well pleased image

• ran 3 miles tonight, my first run since december it went quite well hpoing for the same on thursday now going for a shower

• 3 miles tonight, legs a bit stiff to start with but soon loosened up.Happy with the run

• 2 x5k runs this week and one 6k quite pleased with that. Times still slow but the endurance is increasing.

Well done on your runs Q

Brilliant on the PB booey x

Have a good weekend all
  • grandad - glad the runs are going well image onwards and upwards ah

Dee - your getting plenty of runs in, well done image

I have been running alot this week as realised its only 7 weeks to my next HM image now have a little running group set up in the village I live so thats a bonus, I now have the option of club running if I want 5 nights a week image

Have a great weekend everyone

•  another 3 miles clocked up this morning. legs were fine today, now looking to slowly build up my mileage over the rest of the year

•  a warm 3 miles tonight

• Grandad - I know the feeling image went out with the club last night at 7 and it was just to hot, we were all suffering so only did 3.5 miles

Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore this weather and love sunbathing all day in the garden, but running in it no no no image prefer the cold

Well I have the next two days of work to sit in the garden image I have some fence painting to do so ideal time to crack on with that image and hopefully a few BBQ's image running will be early morning image

Will catch up with you next week, have a good one everyone image

• Well done Q and Booey, have to admit I've been doing my runs in an air conditioned gym with a fan on me and it was still hot.

So far this week 2x4 miles the second was a couple of minutes faster than the first.

Going to go for an hours run on Friday all being well and see what distance I cover.
  •  another warm run tonight

• Evening all, long time no seeimage

Not sure how often I'll be able to get on here but it'll be as often as I can.  You were all fab the first time I started and made a huge difference.

So here I am, 6 years, 4 stone and 2 kids later.  This time I have to stick with it, I want to be able to have fun running around with my children and they deserve to have a mummy that's able to do that.  

Went out for my first run/walk yesterday.  I took it very very steady and was pleasantly surprised that it was much easier than I'd thought.  With 2 littlies to look after I can't risk breaking myself so slow and steady it is.  If I remember rightly it's time on my feet that counts and anything is better than nothing.

• Absolutely glow feet, welcome back and well done on the weight loss.

Managed an hours run today covered almost 5.1 miles so pretty chuffed with that. It's the furthest I have run since my teenage years during winter training for the athletics season.

Hope the weather stays good for you all have a great weekend x
  • Thanks dee, unfortunately it's 4 stone heavier but then not moving, eating rubbish and having a couple of kids will do that to youimage
  • Lol I thought it was 4 off, just goes to show I always look for the positive lol

Mind I've lost almost 3 since January so it will come off for you as well x
  • I hope you're right, I've lost 1/2 a stone just by changing what I eat so hopefully moving a bit more will make it drop more quickly.
  • You have to change what you eat as well as exercise, or else it's almost impossible to maintain as you get older
  • well done on your run dee and well done on the weight loss

welcome back glowfeet and well done on your weight loss

4 miles today, a lot cooler than the last run

•  3 miles tonight, a lot cooler out there

• Hello all

Just popping in...I have a few weeks of work andam spending quality time with middle daughter. She has made some improvement but still quite poorly really. My OH has taken the other two children to stay with his sister for the week. They will be off to watch the olympic rowing tomorrow. I was gutted that my middle daughter was not well enough to travel, it would have been amazing..but we will watch on the TV!

I have managed to keep running although not as aften as I would like. Not much chance this week as I am on my own looking after my daughter but may sneak in a short run at some point!

Good to see Glowfeet back here...I am trying to lose weight as well.

• Nice to see you mad

Hope Ur daughter feels better soon.

Did a 5k in 35 minutes Monday Achilles gave me a very sharp reminder within hours it's not to running that fast yet - so leaving it till tomorrow to run again to give it a chance to settled down again
  •  hope your daughter get's better soon MWW

well done on the run dee

• Cheers Q

Looks like you had a good run yesterday

4 miles for me this morning, got 10 weeks till my 10k race, so gotta start looking at training ideas for it
  • well done on your run Dee, have you looked on the training tab at the top of the page

had a swim this afternoon, then on the wii-fit tonight

• 3 miles tonight a little later tonight as i went down the seafront with my wife,daughter and granddaughter

will be at the firework display tomorrow night