Support, Advice and Inspiration .. Come join us ...

Comments

• Hi all,

thanks for that grand Q.

Well even with all that rain some parts of the country. I went out for a jog this morning, well I say jog, it was more like a very slow water laden walk. I was soaked to the skin, even with a cagoul and bottoms on.

Glad I did it though. As who knows what the weather will be like on the day any our events, espcieally with the weather changing each year.

I wonder how many of us managed to drag ourselves out there today?

• Hi guys

TL image nice to hear from you at last I have missed you, and Mykey, where is he? he ok?  Come back soon image

Sinbad - thanks for talking to us, its nice you can tell us and I wish you well in your future ventures and keep up the good running image we all have that interest at heart and thats good to talk about image

I had a run on sunday, before the rain image only 3.4 miles.  Off out with the club tonight image

• Back again already .. you can tell I'm on holiday can't you! image

Dee - glad to hear you've completed a 5K training run so now you 'know' you can complete the RFL.

Sinbad - one thing that makes me try different routes is logging my runs on the Fetcheveryone website .. a game called Fetchpoint has you trying other routes to catch some 'Gore-rillas' and other tokens/credits.

Q - well done re the 9 miler .. enjoy your holiday.

Booey - well done re missing the rain on Sunday - enjoy your club run later.

I got out this morning before the rain - set off a bit fast and paid for it later but managed to complete just over 7mls at avg pace of 10:19 m/m so was happy with the overall result.

• hi all back from my hols, will be back running from tuesday

well done on all the running

• Hope you all had a good weekend.

Did nearly a 3 mile run in about 27 mins first 1.5mile was up a steady incline so quite pleased with that might try a gentle run mid week before the RFL on Friday evening, got lights, glow sticks and light up shoe laces at the ready. Just hope it doesn't rain now
  • WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Q - hope you had an enjoyable hols .. and hope the planned run happened.

Dee - good time for your 3ml run - good luck for upcoming RFL

I got out on Friday morning and did my 9.8ml route I've been doing lately as training for my 9ml hilly race in Tring (though race number has arrived and its a 9.7ml race!). Friday's time was 1h 44m (10:37 m/m pace) so looking good for 14th Oct. I also got out for a 3ml pre-breakfast run yesterday .. planning to repeat that run again tomorow morning.

• Good time there Mel, not sure I could run that pace for 9 miles, I'm done in after 3 image
  • Good running dee and good luck for the RFL

Well done on your running Mel and good for race

Ran 5 miles this morning, it went quite well
  • Hi Guys

I see your all running well image

I am finishing work at lunchtime today and off to Fuerteventura for a week so I will catch up with you all when I get back image I am so excited image hehe

• WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Happy hols Booey - went to Fuerteventura a few years back (Corralejo) and discovered I needn't always need my swim trunks!image

Q - well done re the 5 miler

• Well RFL tomorrow, weather forecast is rain image, can't change that tho. All being well going to have ago at one of the Santa 10k runs in December if that goes ok and leg holds up to the training, I'm thinking HM next year maybe. Does that sound reasonable to you more experienced distance runners?
  • Sounds good to me Dee

Had a great run this morning 4.94 miles in 42 mins 36 seconds
  • RFL done it was very wet and chilly, got round in 31 minutes so not too bad. Wasn't helped by people in with the runners that decided to walk after 500 metres taking up the whole path. Still was an enjoyable evening with a great atmosphere all for a fantastic cause
  • WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Dee - doing a HM next year sounds reasonable to me. Right now you are doing 5K .. by gradually increasing your mileage over the next couple of months you will soon be up to 10k distance. And then its just a matter of continuing to gradually build up the distance on your long slow runs if you decide to enter a HM. Sounds easy doesn't it? It isn't because you have to work at it but it CAN be done! image Well done re the RFL .. those walkers were a bit of a nuisance .. just shout at them next time!image

Q - that was a good run on Thu morning .. around 8:30 m/m pace so great going from you.

Went out for my last long run before next weeks hilly 10ml race. Did the same 10ml route as on the last few weekends (it has long slopes rather than hills) and I got round in 1hr 42min (10:30 m/m pace). I felt better today and only had one 2min walk break. So if I can repeat that next Sunday at the race I'll be happy.

• Good running Mel, good luck for next week

Ran a decent 10 mile's this morning
  • WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Q - well done re your 10ml run.

Had a message from my friend Voley who is also doing the Ridgeway Run next Sunday. She has previously warned me not to expect smooth running and to keep an eye out for tree roots, rabbit holes etc. Now she has warned me it is a bit wet over there at present and likely to be muddy and slippy underfoot next Sunday. So I just need to hope for a dry week to dry out the ground between now and then (and looking out of the window today - fat chance of that!).

• Q 10 miles I dream of being able to run that far

Mel thanks for the advice I know it's not going to be easy, but I'll give it a shot providing the leg holds out.

Managed two training runs this week one just under 3 miles (legs still ached a bit from the RFL) and another one tonight just over 3 miles but in a quicker time than the first one took.

Hopefully get another run I. At the weekend and try for 3.5 - 4 miles all being well.

Happy running x
  •  well done on the running Dee

ran 10 mile's yesterday, managed to miss the rain

• I'm meant to be asleep, but I cannot I did my first marathon on Sunday and I'm still on a high (even with the odd aching muscle).

Sorry I'm pestering every thread going yipee! seriously this feeling is awesome.image
  • WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Hi there - busy week at work so not had a chance to get on here until today.

I completed my 9.7ml race last Sunday in 1hr 49m 28s. It was a glorious morning with sunshine and as we were running around Ashridge Woods the autumn colours and scenery during the race were fantastic. They took your mind off the big hills of which there were several. There were spectating opportunities and my family cheered me on at a couple of points along the race route and at the finish. You have to watch your feet in places with tree roots, mud and rabbit holes to contend with but that to me just added to the challenge and the fun. I managed to go over on my left ankle on a fairly flat section - it has been a bit stiff this week but I think I'll be out running again in a few days time.

Have just entered a 10k around Castle Combe race track (25th Nov) so I will concentrate on improving my speed over the next 6 weeks or so.

•  good running mel, hope the ankle gets better soon

• Hi guys I am back image had a great time in Fuerteventura and ran loads on Sortovento beach which was really lovely image I have been back a week but so busy at work no time to pop on here

Anyhow I hope your all well and running is good

Booktrunk - well done on the HM image its a great feeling ah image

• WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Welcome back Booey

Q - pleased to report I ran this morning (3.2ml in 32:20) and the ankle didn't cause any problems.

Ran in my new Saucony Guide 5 shoes and new Hilly socks (made me realise how worn out the old shoes and socks are). Hoping to get out again on Wed and Fri. Am on 'lates' at work this week .. don't have to get in until 9:30am so am able to run at 6:30am before work .. it's nice to get the run out of the way and relax for the rest of the day! image

• WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    Just me here these days then? image
  • Nope still here life has been a bit hectic recently
  • well done on the running mel

hi Dee how's your running going

• WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Did my first long(ish) run in my new Saucony shoes on Sunday morning. Did my medium loop around Ciren Park (7.2 miles) and apart from having to stop to re-tie the laces (at the top of the hill .. very convenient!) no problems with them. Note to self - must get on and buy some new Hilly socks .. the current ones are getting a bit thin in places.