In one week's time, I am doing a REALLY big run...bit nervous!

On August 1st, I am seeting off from Nottingham train station and running towards Skegness. I am giving myself four days to run the 90-ish miles, but I'm beginning to feel really nervous!

"Why on earth?!" you might ask. It's in the name of art! Find out more about the exhibition <a href="http://www.beaconartproject.com/">here</a>

and read about my build up <a href="http://fitartist.wordpress.com/">on my blog</a>

Supporters welcome to wave us off from Nottingham and welcome us to Skeggy!

AP xx

Comments

• Oh bugger! The links don't work, help!
  • (url) www.linkofinterest.com (/url)

Replace () with []

is how you do links.
  • Thats a hell of a challenge Princess. Good luck and Im sure youll be fine.
  • I take it youre getting a lift home though?
  • Ah, thanks Stoxy! I've got Mr AP on his bike carrying the tent, and he's really supportive, thank goodness!
  • Yes, getting the train back apropriately (the run is along the journey of the railway line)

I shall have my feet up at that point!
  • wow, good luck a princess. that's a pretty tough challange!
  • Thanks SDW. I posted tentatively because there are probably folks on here who do that crazy distance all the time, but it's BIG for me anyway!
  • Its all relative anyway princess. To some people four miles is a long way. The thing about this forum is we're all equal on here even if we do post our times and stuff we're all runners, fast slow, long short. And I get a lot of support from here as well as a bit of a laugh!
  • wow, what an awesome challenge! good luck and look forward to hearing how you get on
  • Thanks Clairster! I will put a full report on my blog, probably when I get back
  • I've put up an itinerary now...
  • excellent, although i have no idea where any of these places are!! had a brief look through your blog. how long did it take you to get over Edinburgh...my recovery wasnt too bad!
  • Hi Clairster

I was amazed at my recovery - it was my first marathon and I'd heard all about walking backwards downstairs, but I was fine! The morning after I was a bit wooden-legged, but was itching to get out running again pretty quickly. I'm hoping this is the case next week ;¬)

The run is through Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire, I'm sure there must be some RW folks who are from round there...

I'm going to be on the local ITV news, on the local BBC radio breakfast show and in local papers too, for anyone who is round there!

A x
  • Hi AP,

Thats pretty good recovery. I was worse after london and struggled with stairs but after Edinburgh I was fine (ish) just a bit tired. I did a 10K a couple of weeks after tho and was definitely still feeling it in my legs...every slight incline caused me to almost grind to a halt! What sort of training have you done for this adventure?
  • Princess I live in Yorkshire but our local news also covers north notts and lincolnshire cos we are west yorks, so I will keep an eye out for you!!
  • Cool Stoxy! It's BBC Radio Lincolnshire morning show and I guess it's Central region ITV.

Clairster, I just aimed to keep up my fitness from Edinburgh without becoming injured (I had knee problems leading up to the marathon), so have been doing lots of ten milers, as that's what I'll be doing twice a day, a few longer runs and lots of swimming and gym to balance it out. Been working hard, but feel good!

What's your next goal?
  • Hi AP,

Sonds like you've been keeping busy! Have entered Abingdon mara in Oct, but unsure yet as to whether I am gonna do it or not..got lots of weddings and hen do's over the summer...also lots of nice autumn halfs to be doing. decisions, decisions! other than that i want to get a bit of speed back as i seem to be going backwards at the mo..marathon training has slowed me down sooo much. but i do prefer distance stuff to speed.

Lots of luck and look forward to the report
    claire x
  • Good luck next week Princess. Sounds like a cracking challenge.
  • Ah, thanks Nessie :)

I know what you mean Clairster about speed - or lack of! After this, I quite fancy trying to get a bit faster!

Enjoy your weekend x
  • I can understand wanting to run out of Nottingham (sometimes have to work there) but why the hell would you want to go to Skeg ???

You know it'll only be full of chavs from Mansfield.......

...mind you, it keeps the town quieter.
    :o)

Good Luck anyway AP.
  • Lol E. Muzzy!

I'm back, I did it, it was super tough, but an incredible experience. My head's a bit fuzzy, but the body feels good.

I've put up a report on the weblog, so you can see how it all went.

http://fitartist.wordpress.com

AP xx
  • yay, well done AP..will check out your report later.
  • Thanks Clairster! You'll need to curl up with tea and biscuits...it's a long one!
  • fantaastic report AP, sounds liek a lot of hard work but very rewarding. whats the next big challenge then?
  • thats great AP
    well done!