Options

Nike+ Forum Challenge

Comments

• Options
    I'm not even off the starting blocks folks! It's not that I'm not interested or lazy...I'm recovering from a sore ankle tendon and as much as I want to join in and run again the prospect of doing any serious damage to my ankle is putting me off! It's been over a week now and it's improving all the time. I've only been out twice with my Nano Ipod sports kit!! I want to get going again, start clocking up some miles but more importantly do it without getting injured!
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried to calibrate using a treadmill, and did it work ?
  • Options
    Does anyone understand the pace reading on the Nike+ and could you explain it to me please?

I think mine might be wrong as when I am definitely running faster I get a higher reading ie. 8'30" as opposed to 6'43" is it the faster you go the higher the reading like in kph which would make sense or if the reading is in minutes and seconds then it doesn't make sense - Thanks

AWTF

• Options
    Ho No, I have been over-taken on the leader board ! Will have to try harder tomorrow.

Well done mrs.M keep up the good work.

AWTF
    The pace thingy must be wrong. Quicker running should read as lower rate.
    Taking 6 mins to do a mile instead of 8 mins. Don't know why. Check the settings on your ipod.
  • Options
    j0n3syj0n3sy ✭✭✭
    AwayWiTheFairies: have you got the sensor flat? mine was giving odd readings because it wasn't flat in my shoe. changed its orientation and now its perfect
  • Options
    Gotta get out running, I'm miles behind!

Have stuck my sensor under the laces of my paid of Asics and it seems pretty accurate. Have actually put the sensor in a listerine strips plastic case, enclosed in masking tape then stuck that under the laces. Its stable and according to google maps its tracking about right re distance.

Its at a slight incline down towards the toes, hopefully not enough to give 'odd' readings.
  • Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    Mines working well.

Just under my middle laces. Just ran a 10k today to boost my level up a tad.

this is well cool
  • Options
    I can't believe you lot! your running miles - i had ago sunday morning and managed 2.26 miles but i must say i hadn't eaten a thing before hand!
    I don't think (know) the smoking helps!!!
    I WILL give up.......one day...
    All this is helping though, Mrs M is running like hell fire - Well done and keep it up!

I will go again tonight. My sensor is behind the tongue in my addidas and seems to work fine and wasnt far out after calibration.
  • Options
    sweating like a.....what sort of times are you doing? I am not trying to run fast every time but i do wonder if i should slow it down a bit and put my distances up?

I have done miles at 8.5mm and even a mile at 7.55 which i think fast?? is this so??
  • Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    Im training for the Dublin Marathon so my times arnt the best cause like you said im concentrating on distance.

I ran a 10k today in 47min
  • Options
    I won't be running much this week, since I've picked up a tendon injury :( Am hobbling about a bit at the moment.

Tried to run through it like an idiot yesterday but I think it's made it worse. Will give it till about Thursday probably till I try again.

Don't worry about your mile times too much Billy, I think the times your doing are not to shabby! I clock the average of mine around 7 something till my ankles pop.
  • Options
    I must say i'm not too worried about what time i do any run in.
    I would really like to do a proper run if you know what imean.
    I would love to be able to substain a decent distance, this will come in time I suppose as long as i keep going out regularly now.
    I have also found my run depends on what I eat for energy before i go out..

I was wondering weather or not i should book myself in for a race, even a 5K?

any thoughts about this??

• Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    Good idea to try a race as this lets you see what its like, time to aim for etc

• Options
    oh dear Ste, join the club, bloody ankle is a royal pain in the arse! Mines getting better and watching you lot clock up the miles is tempting me to make a return!
  • Options
    It's good to sit back and watch the battle going on with Dale and Mrs Meldrew!! Anyone else find this fascinating?It's a shame that you can't access more data and see the data for individual outings.
  • Options
    Hi all, after yesterdays chat i decided to slow down on the run last night! and managed 7km in 41 mins. This was good for me as I sped up and slowed down during the run.
    I also think the banana and a dextros? sweet helped 20 mins before i went out.

I took a drink again last night, but found every time i took a sip i got a stitch! is this normal or should i only drink when finished??

• Options
    It would be nice if we could get more data on everyone, being able to see the same kind of graphical displayed over the course of the 50 mile like when you view your individual runs would be nice, hopefully it'll be a future feature.

I get a stitch too when I attempt to drink while running Billy. I tend not to bother now but when your mouth is like ghandis flip-flop it can get annoying, I'd wait till whne you feel like that then take a short sip, swill some around your mouth and spit it out. That way you don't have it swishing about inside. Good work on doing the 7K!
  • Options
    I ran my first ever 10k on Saturday (probably inspired by this challenge) my usual run is 5.6k and I have been building up gradually to 6.5k but just went mad on Saturday and kept on going - I did it in 1:09 which I am pleased about.

Definitley need to get to a decent running shop and get some suitable shoes as my ankles have taken a pounding and I've been resting for a few days but am hoping to get out for a 5.6k run tonight.

Well done to everyone you're all doing great!
  • Options
    argh, you are all making me feel so guilty. I was supposed to be going out running a lot this weekend, but my sleeping patterns are way messed up and ended up sleeping most of the day, then not wanting to go when I got up. Went kickboxing again yesterday, which was great, but I woke with conjunctivitus (spelling?) this morning and I am having trouble keeping my eyes open! I was going to go for a run today!

• Options
    j0n3syj0n3sy ✭✭✭
    jenfrey: I wouldn't worry - its only a bit of fun. At the end of the day were in this for a laugh and your health is more important than the distance covered in this challenge! :)
  • Options
    As the Meat Pie Cup nears the halfway stage any thoughts as to what the next challenge maybe?
  • Options
    bleugh still feel rubbish - I really want to get out and run. I had today off of work (which I never do) and i walked to the corner shop at lunch to get some food. I nearly couldnt make it back and was drenched in sweat. so maybe now is not the right time to go out for a run!!
  • Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    Was thinking

we could do a series of events and have a few winners at the end of it?

• Options
    Sounds good to me... my ankles starting too feel a lot better today, hopefully be back on the road next week!
  • Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    Good luck and take it easy..
  • Options
    Hi

I've just found this thread and it souds like fun. I have a nano and Nike+ so I'll keepwatching this trhead and join your next challenge if thats OK

• Options
    I have just been pure lazy this week, haven't had much time to get out and go running before it gets dark but could have done a few small runs if I'd tried a lot harder!

Am a bit annoyed with myself but I will get out and do some running over the weekend!
  • Options
    Good luck with the ankle Stephen, I have just had my second run after a two week lay off with a sore ankle, fingers crossed its a lot better. Rest and stretch seems to have worked for me.
  • Options
    Morning all

I would guess that sometime over the next week one of us will get to the 50 miles. Does anyone know if the challenge then continues for the rest of us or does it automatically end?

I've really enjoyed being part of this and its certainly motivated me to get my lazy ass outside when I'd much rather spend an extra hour in bed. I'm definitely up for 'son of Nike+ Forum Challenge' whatever that may be!

BTW I go on hols on Wednesday so if anyone sets up a challenge while I'm away can you include me please (my email, if you need it, is thartley@blueyonder.co.uk)? Thanks.

Happy running!
  • Options
    I to go on hols, on saturday. Please include in any new challenge set up.

Mrs.M where are you going nice ?