Nike+ Forum Challenge

Comments

• Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    and they are off! :-)

• Options
    What are ???????????????
  • Options
    Is anyone else have trouble connecting to the nikeplus website ?

• Options
    Hi Dale, I can't try it at the moment-they have blocked it at work!
  • Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    its working fine for me.

Managed to get out for a run today to see how my foot and leg are! No pain at all in my foot which is fantastic but my leg is hurting like a son of a B!!!!

Did 8k though.

I only rested for 2 weeks and even then i was on the bike and swimming. I cant sit down it kills my brain.

I hope im ok for Dublin

• Options
    Website connection ok now, must have been a temp. problem

• Options
    Time for a roll call. Its been quiet here lately.

Just wondering how everyone is getting on:

Brizo: how's the foot?

Dale: any news on your knee?

Anyone else injured?

I'm still plodding my way towards New York Mara (eight weeks to go), mercifully injury free, but I'm really not enjoying the training at the mo :o( It's soooo tiring.

Best of luck

Mrs M
  • Options
    Reporting for duty, I've been out for a month with what I thought was achilles tendonitis, but appears to be more of a calf strain.

Anyway, the pain is pretty much gone now so I'll be returning to the streets ASAP. Time to get the first challenge finished - I only did about 12 miles before I got injured :(
  • Options
    Glad you're on the road to recovery.

Mrs M
  • Options
    Hi Mrs M, yep I'm injured-haven't been out for nearly 4 weeks-to say I'm pissed off is an understatement. I have a searing pain in the ball of my foot that comes and goes, if it hasn't cleared up by the end of this week I'm off to the Dr.
    I love the Nike Ipod thing but beginning to think its a curse for me, since these challenges begun I have been injured most of the time!
    Anyway enough moaning, good luck with the challenge-hope to be joining it in the near future!By my reckoning this one should last until mid October?
  • Options
    The knee !!!!!!!!

I think my challenge has ended. Can't even walk at the moment.
    Went to the doc's this evening, and he thinks I have torn the cartilage again. I am in a lot of pain, both physical and mental. (All I want to do is run. Not so much to ask, is it).
    Anyway, waiting for a letter from the hospital now, to see my friend the surgeon.
    Maybe all of us with injuries can keep each other company, as we sit at our computers through these dark and lonely winter nights, watching our fellow runners cloaking up the miles as we hobble to the window clutching our faithful running shoes and drinks bottle. Wishing, if only I could get out there and feel the wind through my hair. If only....If only.....

Getting carried away now.

• Options
    hi Dale!

its karl here!

sorry to here about your knee.

what hair!
  • Options
    so you won't be needing your i-pod thingy then now your not running mutch?

sorry, couldn't help that.

hope every thing gos well with the surgen.

see you at work :0(
  • Options
    oh dear, all of these injuries sound awful. i hope you all get better soon.

not that i mean to rub it in, but has anyone run with the serpentine running group in london's hyde park? i'm currently training with the runlondon training sessions that they've got going, and i'm really enjoying the general running club feel. anyone been part of that running group or know anything about it? i think they run quite far, don't they? are they new-comers friendly? and in particular slow-new-comer friendly?

• Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    MrsM

Foot is still bad im afraid. Ive been told not to do the Dublin Marathon now as its taking a while to heal.

Ive been out doing loads onthe bike and swimming ready for next seasons Tri to start.

Problem is i need to keep my mouth shut on the bike, catching to many flies
  • Options
    Hi All

Just reporting in after being AWOL for a while.

Sorry to read about your injuries, hope you all make good recoveries. I've been slow off the starting block with my running and am off to Spain on Saturday so won't be clocking up much in the way of runs in the next few weeks.

Got my next race (4.3m multi-terrain) on Oct 15th and my first 10k on Dec 3rd so will back into serious training after my hols - have kind of gone into holiday mode a little bit early LOL!!

Take it Easy

• Options
    Zac, Dale and Brizo you must be so pee'd off! I should stop moaning: at least I can get out and run (if you can call it that) but I am finding this chunk of the training hard going. Long run at weekend is ok (comparatively) but I'm finding it very hard to motivate myself to get out for the midweek sessions + work is pretty full-on at the mo so time is scarce. Still, I shouldn't take my runs for granted - its all too easy to pick up an injury and then I'd really have something to complain about.

I hope you all find a quick route to recovery and I also hope you don't disappear off here in the meantime.

Sorry TIAGD - don't know anything about the Serpentine Running Club but well done for getting out there and training with them. I keep trying to pluck up the courage to go along to my local club but I'm really slow and getting even slower as my mara training progresses (fatigue I think!)

Hi AWTF - hope you have a great time in Spain. Plenty of time for training afterwards.

All the best

Mrs M
  • Options
    Hi guys how you all doing, thought it was about time that i bit the bullet and gave you all a wave , not a big forum person i am afraid, love reading hate posting !

Sorry to hear about all your injuries, i will regret saying this but i have been really lucky with them lately, anyway hope you all recover and get back to what we all love doing !

• Options
    Thanks for the "Get Well Soon" messages everyone!
    It's frustrating to say the least, but reading some of the other posts on here my foot seems small beer in comparison to torn knees etc! All I know is I can't wait to get out there again, gone are the lovely summer mornings of course but hello to fresh, wet, dark winter running!!!!!!
    You can't beat that feeling when you drag yourself out of bed somewhere between 5 and 6am and let the frosty air wake you up!! Honest!!
  • Options
    Oh no! I've just spotted that Apple have revamped the Ipod Nano! It's even slimmer, comes in funky colours and will co-exist with the Nike Sports Kit!!!
    How long can I resist the temptation to upgrade from my perfectly adequte 2GB Black model to one of these sleeker ones? I'm already working on the reasons, excuses to Mrs Zaclobsterboy! LOL
    Anybody else have this insane love affair with Apple products? God I need to get back out running...

• Options
    BrizoBrizo ✭✭✭
    Just looked at it as well!!

how do i explain to the wife that i need a new one?

Its thinner so the weight of the new one will mean that i can run better and not get hurt again!!

• Options
    Nice one Brizo! Think I'll use that excuse to!!
  • Options
    Not so happy with all things technical today. Went down to London for my New York mara charity training day and couldn't get my sensor to work. I ran (ha - as if!) nearly 12 miles around Hyde Park which I can't now log. All that effort wasted!

Mrs M
  • Options
    @Zac - I am an Apple devotee and have the same problem of getting the right reasons that Mrs NearlyDown will accepts as justification a new mac or ipod.

As a suggestion before you mention anything about it send her some flowers (works a treat).
  • Options
    I am also an Apple devotee! have just upgraded the from G4 iBook to the MacBook, already have nano (obviously) and today have ordered video iPod. But to be honest i would rather keep to the nano i have rather than the new one! its as if they have gone backwards to the iPod Mini....I'll stick with mine thanks, but if you upgrade let people know as we may be able to get a buyer for your old ones!!
  • Options
    Mrs Meldrew, do you run professionally? you seem to be flying again!!?? may i ask what sort of diet you have as this is impressive stuff you are doing.

anyway, have you all seen the new Shuffle?? now thats nice.
    If we could have one of these for running i think it would be a bonus, does anyone look at the screen on the nano when running?? not sure what the percentage would be.

• Options
    Hi BW - Without a trace of false modesty I can tell you I'm a truly cr@p runner. Was asked in January to a marathon for charity and sensibly said no. Was then told it was New York and all of a sudden I heard myself saying yes hence all the running now. It's only so I don't collapse embarrassingly at the 5 mile point. Even Jade Goody staggered on for something like 18 at London!

What the Nike+ challenge doesn't show is how excrutiatingly slow my miles are. Well actually it doesn't show anything at all since my sensor appears to have died.

I think our next Nike+ challenge should be time based. That will give everyone a good laugh!

Mrs M
  • Options
    hey peeps, hope everyone's well.

I too am a secret apple fan (sssh). I was uuming and aahing lots before I got my iPod nano about the difference in memory size; it was a flip up between 4gb or 30gb... and now - here comes 8gb! Humph! Still, I have to say, I'm not too keen on the new style. There's something quite cute about lil mini version of the bigger iPod.

Still, Zaclobsterboy, I completly understand why you might want to upgrade. I'm a little bit tempted. Just a tiny bit.

• Options
    I'm with Mrs M on the time based run next time around... although I'm planning on going as slow as possible over the next couple of weeks. I went out last Tuesday and hurt myself again going faster than I should have. Is the New York marathon in Novemeber Mrs M? Best of luck with it, I look up to anyone who is going in for a marathon, it's be a long term goal of mine.

My leg is feeling better already though so hopefully its just a slight reoccurence of my last injury.

For anyone interested heres a good review of the new 2G Nano:
    http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/ipod-2g.ars

Not much of an Apple fan myself, I only ended up with the nano because I got it cheap *cough* Although I'm glad I have it now with the Nike+ combo.