Holmfirth 15

Comments

• the weather forecast looks on the grim side for this wind and rain
  • Good job I 've no got a rain jacket for my iPod then!
  • Good job I 've now got a rain jacket for my iPod then!
  • He he - just popping in to say hello. We must stop meeting like this CD!!!

Hey Clairster hope you are feeling better - you racing this weekend? If so please take it easy. And you were def rigt to pull out last week - was horrible anyway! (well mine was)

Anyway Good Luck all for the weekend. Will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope the weather holds out!
  • Hi JB! Good ot hear from you! yes, defo know i was right not to go last sunday, sounds like it took more than a few poeple out. Foot is going strong. well my horrible old injury causing trainers left a nice blister under the toe from last sundays long run. but the new ones are great. just under 11 miles in them last night and foot not grumbling today. can feel it a little, but think that is the orthotics rather than the injury that are making themselves heard. will rest easy now until sunday just needed to know my feet would be ok.

hahahaha - it cannot possibley be as wet and horrible as it was last night. came home with a nice blue twinge to the lips and looking like i had been sat in the bath for 1.5hrs, not out running.
  • Yeah but I bet the feeling of satisfaction aftewards compensated for it! You be careful and take it easy and glad the trainers are wearing in well. I am off to buy some off roaders on saturday and am very excited!

CD - Nope not racing, I was scanning through the events thread and thought Oooh a 15 miler - Ill have a bash at that. Then I realised when I came into the thread that its this weekend. But say you and Clairster on so thought I would be cheeky and say hello.
  • JB

We will report back to you. I think it will be hard for me especially running two laps which I normally avoid but like you the distance seemed interesting.

CD
  • clairster - Good Luck to you (and all the other Holmfirth 15'ers) - I expect a full race report on Monday...
    :o)
  • hey Daz!! thank you!! am hoping i actually make it there this time... ;). what are your run plans for the weekend. have you been out and up the FG route yet?
  • Location : Holmfirth Lat : 53.57N Lon : 1.786W ASL : 219m Sunrise : 7:57 BST Sunset : 17:43 BST

Interactive
    SMS Stickies! NEW!

Day Time Temp FeelsLike Pressure Rain Cloud Dir Speed Weather
    Sun 29 Oct 0:00 12 °c 10 °c 1015 mb 0.7 mm 100 % 15 mph
    3:00 10 °c 7 °c 1016 mb 0 mm 99 % 13 mph
    6:00 12 °c 7 °c 1017 mb 0 mm 98 % 10 mph
    9:00 9 °c 7 °c 1019 mb 0 mm 87 % 10 mph
    12:00 10 °c 8 °c 1020 mb 0 mm 91 % 10 mph
    15:00 11 °c 9 °c 1021 mb 0 mm 96 % 8 mph
    18:00 11 °c 6 °c 1022 mb 0 mm 97 % 4 mph
    21:00 6 °c 5 °c 1023 mb 0 mm 95 % 4 mph

• CD 3 Scunthorpe AC Blue vest - green ribbon attached
    RG
    Clairster
    hilly
    shorty 25
    South African
    st bernard
    Fell liker
  • CD 3 Scunthorpe AC Blue vest - green ribbon attached
    RG
    Clairster - red fetch vest if not too chilly, yellow or purple rain jacket if raining, baseball cap probably
    hilly
    shorty 25
    South African
    st bernard
    Fell liker

managed a very difficult few miles last night, am hoping it was end of the week tiredness and it dissappears by sunday! my heel seems to be holding out but a bashed toe is now giving me grief. i have turned into the walking wounded, i seriously do not know what is going on! i dread to think what is around the next corner...:)
  • Hello all will be there myself tomorrow, be seeing you.

CD 3 Scunthorpe AC Blue vest - green ribbon attached
    RG
    Clairster - red fetch vest if not too chilly, yellow or purple rain jacket if raining, baseball cap probably
    hilly
    shorty 25
    South African
    st bernard
    Fell liker
    Monique Dewsbury RR kit (mainly black)
  • Hello all will be there myself tomorrow, be seeing you.

CD 3 Scunthorpe AC Blue vest - green ribbon attached
    RG
    hilly
    shorty 25
    South African
    st bernard- eccleshill road runners vest,blue
    Fell liker
    Monique Dewsbury RR kit (mainly black)
  • Monique

How are you doing? Not sure if I have seen you since the Lincoln 10k in 2005.

CD
  • morning all what a lovely morning and the sun is out ,well breakfast time before i set off
  • hard, hard work but great! struggled through the 1st lap and picked up a bit in the second. the lurgy has really sapped my energy and it was hard to keep the legs going and nearly fell over a couple of times...the sunlight was blinding! But what a great course and really friendly marshalls, would love to have been on top form as reckon it would hav been great. the hills were a lot easier than i thought, but the dragout of honley was long. we were so lucky with the weather, it was gorgeous! home in around 2.11 so all is good
  • well done , i didn,t mind the 1st hill too much ,but the second was hard ,harder still second time round but like you say marshalls friendly ,gorgesous weather for a change ,would off liketed to see another water station put in ,but only a minor point , got to 13 mile and i was spent ,time by garmin 1.46.58
  • longest that I have run so far and was really glad to have finished. Did not realise that my legs would feel so heavy! Course was fine until second time around when I knew were I was going but enjoyed it all the same.Lots of encouragement from everyone even small children.
  • This was hard but enjoyable. The two hills on the second lap were very slow for me.
    Pleased to have run the distance albeit slowly.

Well done Clairster and good to meet some forumites pre race. Pleased to finally meet Shorty25 having run a number of the same races but never actually met.
  • Hey guys just checking in to see how you all did today. Sounds like you all had fun and a massive congratulations to all of you!!! What great weather for you!

Well done everyone! - anyone fancy doing Bedford on 10th December with me?? Have talked DR from Cov thread into signing up. Looks like will be a good race and the only other race at the back end of the year (1/2) is the Turkey Trot which is full.

Will also be doing the Hartshill Heartbraker if anyone fancies a 10mile off roader?

Anyway well done guys - hope you are all putting your feet up with some yum food and a well deserved glass of wine!
  • thanks guys!

JB - good to hear from you...i have stockport 10 that day, otherwise would have loved to. about to max out on the dinner i cunningly prepared yesterday

CD - great to see you at the start, sorry i didnt see you come in..had to shoot off as my lift had plans for the afternoon

think my cross training to build my leg strength is paying off as found the hills to be no bother.. the real test will be next week at GF10
  • JB

Will see you at Bedford but will be running around with a friend for whom it will be his first half. I will be wearing green ribbon as usual. We are probably looking at 2hours plus.

CD
  • Hi All,
    Yuck, yuck, yuck........
    Really did struggle with this one, I just blew up @ 7m had to run/walk the second lap, think the bug I had during the week really knocked it out of me.
    Not sure I'll be running Guy Fawkes next Sun......

CD & Clairster was wicked to meet you both!!
  • Shorty 25

I found this one hard too and had to gather myself at the 13 mile point and again 300 yards before the finish.

Hope you recover soon.

Maybe the Marlow half will not seem such a long distance next Sunday.

All

Do not forget to leave some feedback on this race on the RW system.
  • clairster - Well Done on your "return to form"! Good to hear that maybe you are over the worst of your injury woes too? It was a beautiful day as well wasn't it?
    I just did 6M tempo run (final prep for Derwentwater 10 next Sunday), but it was lovely out there.
  • thanks Daz, not quite return to form, but a return definitely! it was a fantastic day, cannot quite believe how lucky we were with the weather. how was the tempo run?

My legs are killing me, but that could also be the spinning i did in the evening so cant blame it totally on holmfirth

Shorty - was fab to meet you too. you did great, well done on keeping going and not stopping! i had a big battle in the 1st lap and think we must have swapped when i saw you as my 2nd lap was far more enjoyable! rest good for a few days and see how you feel towards the end of the week. would be good to see you again and its a shorter distance but rest is also very important.

CD good luck at Marlow, that has a few hills in it doesnt it, i have heard rumours!
  • clairster - tempo run was a bit slower than I'd hoped, but this is because I seem to be training for too many things at once! I only run 3 times a week, and trying to fit in speed-work, hill-work and long runs (as well as actual races, recovery runs & tapers!) have meant that tempo-work has slipped through the cracks!
    I'm really looking forward to DW10 though. I have a feeling that I might decide to stick mainly to 10-milers and knock on the head even HalfMaras...