The Psychiatric Wing

Comments

• I like the idea of doing the run and being able to overtake people for a change as they would be doing the whole thing.............but I'm into the bike at the moment.even though I'm a bit sore after 17 miles in the new saddle..........partly because I'm riding in a different position.........felt a lot better when I was on the comfy hybrid one later on...........

My son wants to try the castle coombe duathlon on the 1st Septemebr so i might go and race him.........image

• I think the bike would be a good session for me pre IM ... may have to check with the boss !!
  • Hurrah!! Wingers relay image
  • ... if you want me of course.

My swimming is shite and I'm being strict on how much running I do due to the arthritis thing... so I'm only good for the bike really!

• seren nos wrote (see)

has anyone here done the Coobe Castle duathlons??

Yes I've done them quite a few times, I used them as speed session for my triathlons and 10k road races. Lots of local tri teams do them, Bath, bristol and Uni too. Also a good range of different speeds the same as any races, super fast and out for the bimble types too.

• These teams are shaping up nicely....bit expensive for me, going to save my pennies for either doing the full or putting towards 2012's effort, or a nice holiday! Will be there to support if nothing else though.

Speaking of running, met a right weirdo on my run today... he ran past shouting at me "why do women think men who run are weak?" then a bit later on "I'm very fit and very strong" and then a bit further on "not bad for 44 years of age". Which no doubt is true, but wtf? image

And then a fly followed me for half a mile repeatedly trying to fly into my left ear...

Funny old run. I was a bit grumpy by the end, but a big cookie with smarties in helped a lot.

The JW is quite a long way really isn't it. Having told Mousicle off for being afeared, I think I might join her in the afeared corner.....image

Erm, stream of consciousness over, I'll be quiet now! image

• 30 miles is indeed a long way,  is there room in the corner??
  • I met 2 puppies and a staffy and a black lab and a lurcher and they had all been in the canal for a dip  !
  • Ah feck, looks like i'm running for the Wing then.... serves me right for reading back - haha! Count me in as a wunner.
  • *shuffles over, grunting as hip clicks and hamstring tweaks* image

Might treat myself to a massage soon - am recovering far better from Roth than from long stuff in the past, but am very creaky! 

• I just don't think I could ever go longer than marathon distance. I've really suffered with my right big toe joint this year... not sure I could stand it for an ultra distance. For me the goal is to get a little quicker... less time on my feet if possible!

Or have the thing amputated!!

• I'm off to phone a friend! image
  • Can we have a list I need a list I can't work with a list

Put your name under which discipline you're happy to do.

SWIM
    mark

BIKE
    RUN
  • Put your name under which discipline you're happy to do.

SWIM
    mark
    Meldy

BIKE
    Meldy

RUN
  • SWIM
    mark
    Meldy

BIKE
    Meldy

RUN

TMW

• Been phoned by a friend! image

SWIM
    Mark
    Meldy

BIKE
    Meldy
    Min

RUN
    TMW
    Min

• What did the lilac one say he wanted to do?

and Mouse ..
  • SWIM
    Mark
    Meldy

BIKE
    Meldy
    Min
    Mouse

RUN
    TMW
    Min
    Hailey

all we need is another swimmer then   image
  • sorry .. two swimmers !
  • Well that's not me then!
  • You could bike or run Cas!! 
  • Min is on the list twice too
  • for 3 teams another 3 athletes are required.
  • I think cos we are happy doing one or t'other

Pretty sure we can get a few teams out of those names !
  • exactly, and still more to come no doubt.
  • Hope wants to bike and garr wants to swim
  • SWIM
    Mark
    Meldy
    Garr

BIKE
    Meldy
    Min
    Mouse
    Hope

RUN
    TMW
    Min
    Hailey
  • If I ran as well and smiffy could be talked into the swim we would have 4 rocking teams
  • Dont forget the Spotty one,  I am sure we can get her on a team   image