The Psychiatric Wing

1512951305131513251335135»

Comments

• Hmmm,
    I appear to have been promoted to level 3 (as has Meldy)- I don't quite know what that means.

Hope you survived your Mum without too much trauma, Mrs F.  Said parkrunner gave a little speech before last weeks run and a small 'show and tell' of the defib they've implanted in him.  Said he was thankful he wasn't wearing his 100 shirt as the consultant was cutting him out of his apricot one.  We also have funds for a defib unit, council have been dragging their feet on agreeing a location- hopefully the conversation may be speeded up from here.

Hope the concert(s) were good Meldy, was it specific types of country music or allsorts (speaking as someone who has a couple of bluegrass LPs somewhere in the house).
  • I'm also level three FeFe...heck knows how, nor indeed what that means.

I survived the visit, that's about all that can be said, thank you for asking. I shall not be extending any further invitations of my own volition. Ahem. I'm far happier in my own life without reminders of from whence I came. 

I have spent the day catching up on telly, what a slovenly trollop! The final three episodes of Call the Midwife left me somewhat dehydrated by 10am :) 

Oh and we are finally oiling the kitchen worktop after Meldy said it was easy peasy. It's taken considerably longer to dry than the quoted 2-4 hours! So everything is on the kitchen table and causing me much kerfuffle...and I suspect will be there for another few days yet as himself is planning another coat of oil later today. 

I suspect that parkrun HQ would have furnished the aforementioned runner with another 100 club tee, should something have happened to it in that circumstance. Good news you have the funds for the defib. We have one on the seafront by the sailing club - all fine until the first two were stolen! They found one of them at a local car boot sale (!!). 

Right, best I go and make the tea. Bit tricky when I'm not allowed to touch the worktop...we shall see. 
  • Less is most certainly more when it comes to oiling worktops but I generally leave mine overnight til they are less tacky ...
    fefe . Definitely a mixture but sooooo much fun  :)
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Melds you should come and visit - lots of country music stuff here.

It is feeling a bit springlike hee, but the canal is still frozen.

i am currently living the life of a couch potato, with my stookied right arm - most annoying
  • Pesky arm. Honestly, I'b best send a cotton wool pleat to wrap you in. Hope it's not causing you too much of a kerfuffle, Deb. I can never decide whether it's worst to have a poorly leg/ankle, or a poorly arm/wrist.

Definitely Spring-ish here. Not least because the bird boxes are being investigated by potential inhabitants. I'm very exited about it. Easily pleased, me :)

Hope everyone is well and happy. 
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I've seen no lambs, but next door's alpacas are a bit more in evidence, as are blue jays.  A raccoon sauntered across our front lawn yesterday.  
  • Looks like Debbo sneaking an early lead in the 'unusual things in Spring' competition.  I heard a woodpecker when setting up parkrun last weekend but couldn't actually see it. 

I've done both fractured leg and wrist at various points, leg/crutches I found more of a faff as it's hard work to get around, mais par contre maintaining good hygiene with a wrist cast requires a great deal of hand sanitiser.
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Lots of woodpeckers here too Ferret, particularly pileated ones, so easy to spot. I saw two deer behind our house yesterday morning too.  It's snowing again though, so maybe I slept through summer