Options

FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

Comments

• Options

Shimmy, so in your dream you were running with no clothes?

• Options

nooo how rude image

I was wearing my normal clothes.

• Options
    What the pink leggings and yellow vest ? Cool image
  • Options
    image That's my running club colours
  • Options
    Up those Villa boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!  image
  • Options
    image is that football?
  • Options
    imageErrrrrr yes!  Its a replay to get to the next round of the FA Cup against Crystal Palace, so think it's going to be quite a good game to watch - sorry! 
  • Options
    Crystal Palace - just up the road from me- well 10 miles away. We hate them!  Hope Villa do a good job on them!  
  • Options
    I used to live in Sydenham, just down the road
  • Options
    Me too..went to uni in birmingham and saw quite a few games when big Ron was the boss. Players like Dean Saunders, Dalian Atkinson, Shaun Teale (ex Bournemouth star) and Paul Mcgrath were the stars of the team back then. Not forgetting Dwight Yorke

8 miles this morning and timed it just right to miss the showers. The milder weather has arrived down south and it actually felt warm running today. After the winter we've had I thought I'd never say that agaain.
  • Options

Thanks Benyo

Arrh Rob, we were season tickets holders back in those days, Kevin Richardson, Macca, Steve Staunton, the good old days!! 

Trying not to train too much this week as I think Saturday's Race is going to be a toughie...but you know what I'm like.  I have a meeting in Oxford Friday morning so I think I'm going to try and have the day off (the last day off training I had was the day before Beachy!!!!!!!! image)

• Options
    Do you run every day Claire?
  • Options
    She's norty.  She runs and goes to the gym.  She's nearly as bad as SDM for not resting.
  • Options

If you do run every day..and your answer was not exactly definitive...then I don't know how you do it..

a) without getting knackered

b) without getting bored

c) without getting injured and

d) without not doing all the other things that have to be done in a day..

However, hat's off to you. I go out 4 times a week and I find that hard work.

• Options

Mmmmmm Shimmy is right!  I do gym and run. 

Rob I know it sounds like madness, but I'm not right in the head and am just completly obsessed.   (I've mentioned this before and won't harp on about it, but I have a weight issue)   I know if I didn't do as much, I would maybe run better at races that I enter.  I also know that it's very unhealthy to train every day and not have a couple of rest days a week, but you just can't tell me!

I get up at 5.35am every week day, train at the gym from 6.30am onwards.  Tues nights are club nights, Sat I go to the gym at 7.30am and Sunday's I do my long run or race. 

I know what your thinking...sorry!!!!!!! image

• Options
    .......gawd, I haven't run for a week due to chest thing which hasn't really developed (apart from waking up in middle of night soaked in sweat!) but just feels on the verge of a cough all the time, and then I do cough if I laugh?. Going for a slow club run tonight to make it come or go and stop fannying about in between!! image
  • Options
    BEACHY!!!!

Beachy, Beachy, Beachy!!

Entries are open!

BUT I am doing the Great South Run that day!!
  • Options

Claire, there's no such word as 'obsessed', it's 'dedicated'!

Benyo, I was looking through the marathon calendar recently and saw one in Orpington.

Cold and wet here in Sussex this eve, so the gym is tempting, but that would be wimpish

• Options

Yes Claire , nothing wrong with being dedicated. Hello need for speed..think I remember you from another marathon build up, either Berlin 2008 or Paris 2009. The former was good fun ,the latter was a bit of a disaster for me. 

Any tips on accommodation the night before London...and any idea which start we go from ..I am running for a charity on a golden bond place? 

• Options
    yaddiyaddi ✭✭✭

Hi all

Spent some time on this forum last year in the build up to my first London Marathon, you lot were g8t.

Didnt quite cut the mustard tho as per Forum tiitle as i got a 3:52:59 but i suppose it doesnt matter . I dont envy your training at the moment as this time last year it was so tough , i assume its even tougher this year with the weather conditions we have .

Love reading your posts and keep up the hard work.

Yaddi

• Options
    I would say kip on my floor in south london, but it wouldn;t be very comfortable and also I'm likely to be in sunny Saudi Arabia (I sometime train with the Dharhan road runners club there!)
  • Options

Yaddi, we are 3.45 to 4.00 so you made it.

image Well done!!!!

• Options
    yaddiyaddi ✭✭✭

Guess your Right Shimmy .

Thanks for making me feel better but the 3:45 was my dream finish time in which i followed a strict training regime for a 3:45 but still didnt make it . My excuse was the heat last year which really took it out of me ...Started to feel the wall around 22 Mile then really hit it at 23 then just shuffled to the line . Ok up to then but my max training runs never exceeded 23 mile so i was in unknown territory.

Gr8 to talk about it still and still very proud.

Will hopefully do it again , need to set a standard for my boys who are 5 and 3 .....I keep pointeing to my medal and say to them , One of your challenges in life is to beat that time .

• Options

Evening all!

Hi Yaddi!

I might enter Beachy, we had a lovely time down there last year.  Where does it start? Shimmy would it be possible to stay in "our" B&B?

10 miles at 8mm tonight, after last nights quick 5, parts of it were really good, well most of it really.  Managed to maintain good form and no real pain.  I do like these midweek runs,  I know I keep going on, but after all the dragging round at the weekends, its great to feel th improvement midweek.  Plus I like running under the moon and the lanes round here are pretty quiet.  Easy group run tomorrow of around 5 then a cutback to 15 at the weekend.

Chelsea not doing well, I won't be doing my John Terry tonight!

• Options

Did a nice 7 m in cold rain, it was fine, but a few degrees colder would have been different, I was dressed in racing gear (teeshirt and shorts).

So long as my legs are warmedup, I always far prefer cold weather. Rain (if not icy and no wind) is fine with me.

Only trouble the buses splashing the puddles. 

• Options

Hi Yaddi - Shimmy is right - sub 3.45 and we wouldn't let you post on here ! 3.52 in that heat is a great time anyway and personally have not yet done any marathon where I haven't shuffled from mile 23 (or 13 in the case of FLM last year)

Agree re weather - was much milder last night and found I was overdressed pretty quickly - went out with the club and had a really tough session - warm up mile or two, then a timed 1.25m loop 'as fast as you can', then 25 mins or so on another loop of a mile or so with 3 sections - fast, hill, recovery, then back to the original 1.25m loop to try to beat time from earlier. I was 45 seconds slower and sh*gged out......................covered 11m in total with trot there and back from home. Session with PT today as well.

Right - go to go - got a BEACHY ENTRY to get in. YES !imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Yes it was warm here too, just a short sleeve top and a light jacket.  Off to NEC today, Packaging Exhibition, that's come round quick from last year!