FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

Comments

• Mr Shimms and I have stinking colds.  image

He is all snot and goo and I have a sore chest and a cough image

I reckon we both got it from a guy at my work who doesn't cover his mouth when he coughs image

Well done on the intervals last night SDM, that sounds really hard.

Ady, what were you doing up at that ungodly hour?

• Would you like a hug Shimms?

And Ady was probably somewhere too bloody nice for words, with a massive time difference!

• Yes please image

work is pants too.  

My chest hurts and I'm wheezing like a 60 a day smoker.

• ((((((Snotty People)))))image

AdyP must be out East I reckon..........................still in China ????

SDM - don't think I can, absolutely starving this mornig, can't stop eating. Just had a Kellogs Elevenses Ginger Bake - very nice but very small, still hungryimage

If any of you feel so inclined, I've set up my annual begging page - http://www.justgiving.com/Darrens2010double

• Well I was 8 hours ahead in Shanghai last week, and am now 7 hours behind in Denver. Please don't ask my body what time it thinks it is as it's having a "turn". Anyway, waiting for sunrise here so I can go out for a gentle run and see how my back is.
  • Well I reckon that must mean you're on London time (just about!)
  • Just woken up anyway after some "carb loading" in the Rock Bottom Brewery last night. We've got a day off unusually so some of the guys are off skiing to Vail, but as I've done so much skiing at home I'm going to take it "easy" and try and get an lsr in if my back will allow. I'm padding around my room in my noooo shooos to try and break them in a bit.
  • 'Unusually'.................................ppfffffftttttt.

Just had lunch, still hungry. image image

On the subject of shoes, Brooks are having one of their 'events' in Runners Need in the Wharf today. Must find time to pop down - although I know it'll cost me £90 as I'm bound to end up with a new pair.....................might get my gait analysed as well - if the guy can stop laughing long enough to video me

Anybody been watching Bellamy's People on TV ? Someone put me on to it so I downloaded a few episodes onto my IPlod (tm), very funny (in parts).image

• oh I love Bellamy's People.  So funny. 
  • I knew it..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  SHOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES ! Just can't resist - like a kid in a sweetie shop

Not sure this is wise or not, but I have gone for a pair of Mizunos (after many years with Brooks GTS Adrenaline). According to girl in the shop I am not pronating much at all.........so therefore need less support.  Will hopefully try them out at club tonight and on a long'un at the weekend. image

• nooooooooooooooooooooooo shoooooooooooooooooooooooos

mmmm the smell of new mizunos in the morning image

I'm using the Alchemy at the mo.  Nice shoe

• Well I'm just out the door of the Marriott in my new mizunos too......byeee!

Which ones did you go for OS?
  • Green ones ! Wave Inspire 6, whatever that means. Moderate stability shoe apparently

• Mine are yellow

I do need some new ones soon. 

Alex wears the inspires.  His are red at the mo but he also needs some new ones.

• My new ones were blue, but there's lot of mud in the forest!

• Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSsss

I went out to clean Mr Shimms shooooos this evening after the somewhat muddy Moonlight Challenge and thought this is a losing battle.

After the Green Chain mara, Beachy, The Doyen, the Tanners and the Moonlight I think they are now dead.

Also gots me some Alchemys for £40..... BARGIN

2 pairs of running shooooooo for £90 delivered.  Bargin

• Hi everyone, been out travelling today - Louth in Lincolnshire. 

Enjoyed the club run last night, but fell over!  Am ok though..

Hope your feeling a bit better Shimmy.

• I'm a Mizunos man too, although I have just moved from Creations to Riders.  Lovely, a bit lighter and fit like a glove.

Waved at you as I ran past the Wharf this morning OS. Did 9.5M  from Leytonstone down to Greenwich foot tunnel and back up to O2.  Thinking about VLM and going the other way from 16.5 to 18 mile points. Hate that bit, but have now convinced myself its not very far so have mentally prepared for it and the Fetchies will be out at the 17mile point which is a good motivator. 

• Well it wasn't pretty but I've plodded around 30km here in Denver. I'm going to rename the lsr a lvsr/w!! Ran up to mile high stadium then along a river which was nice. The elevation really makes a difference and I ran walked the last 10k - off to the pool now to soak it all off!
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I did a really slow comfortable 7.5 miles tonight, with 9 planned for tomorrow, after a short treddie session in the gym yesterday. 

I was due to help out in a race on Sunday, but the organiser emailed today to say she had loads of helpers and didn't need me thanks...image...but offered me a free entry because I was already fundraising for the Hospice.  I wouldn't dream of running without paying , it's only £6.  There's a 10k imn the afternoon about 12 miles away, so it would be fun to do the 5 miler at 11 then the 10k at 1pm.  Probably not the best mara training though.

Big day at work, visit from supermarket buyer to sign off all the new lines.  We missed the March 1 launch, but ot's not a problem, our packaging is better than that of some of hte bigger competitors using supposedly better quality print processes.  A small hiccup with one of the boxes that we can put right, so overall a top result   and a massive relief!

• After my two good weekend runs, I was away in Norway for a couple of days, airports, airplanes, hotel rooms, restaurant meals and wine, long intense meetings, no exercise, today I was exhausted back in London, sore throat (from trying to breathe in hotel with no open window - I gasp with mouth open all night) and headache.

But went out this evening, managed  about 3 crap slow miles. It's just one of those days, body is telling me to stop.

Also, my last Sunday intervals are maybe catching up - my legs were tired.

Hopefully I will be recovered for next Sunday 10K.

If I know anything, it is to not train hard if your have a virus, however minor. 

• AdyP, I used toi work for a company with head office in Denver, visited many times in the 80's, is that bar the one near the railway station where they brew on site?

Had any buffalo steaks yet? 

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Shimmy my colleague, lovely man though he is just doesn't get it when it comes to sneezing and coughing.

I've taken to loudly commenting on how easily germs are spread by INCONSIDERATE DISEASE RIDDEN GERM BUCKETS WHO PASS ON THEIR ILLNESSES TO POOR INNOCENT MARATHON RUNNERS.

There's one woman I can't get on with, but I have to maintain communication as I am a professional.  She brings round samples of nuts for everyone to taste, I always swap mine with someone else in case she's spiked mine.God knows what I'll be like in April!

Talking of work, I got an email today from a Top Dog, it read..." I just want to check that action was being actioned."

• Essence - yep sounds like the same place - up 16th street on the right. They normally have one of their beers on for $2 a pint - it was "Red Rock" last night which proved a pleasant accompaniment to a hoooooooge slab of ribs!!!
  • 04:44 and none of you are up training? disgraceful!
  • Morning all

Well done on all the runs Claire, CStar, Mr P and Ady.  If your body's telling you to stop essence, then that's exactly what you need to do!

A steady 8 miles with Andy last night, and a slow 7 on my own this evening image

Help yourselves to birthday cake, but leave some for me!  Wrong side of 40 before you ask .........

http://www.thecookduke.com/pics/childrens-birthday-cakes3.jpg

• Woooo Hoooo, Happy 21st !imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Did someone mention ribs and beer ????image

Rushed out of work and made it to the club last night - monthly  track session led by one of the Sussex County coaches. Some interesting biomechanical stuff and tips on running style, some new warm up routines and of course a mid session beasting. He knew several of us were marathon training ('London or Brighton ?'..........'Both'.......................) so set us off on 1km splits with only 200m recoveries. Much better time of it than lately for me - managed all six between 4.10 and 4.15 and NOOOOOOOO SHOOOOOOOEEEESSS felt good in their first outing. Now need to see how I get on with them on a LVSR/W (Ady don't worry I've been doing them as well - every week)

Essence - take it easy mate, it'll pass...................

• http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/simmolp/HappyBirthday8.gif

Happy Birthday TMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Great birthday cake.

Mr P, well done on getting all of your boxes out.  I shall try that technique with the germ spreader here.  I see the marathon paranoia has started already.

• Well done everyone on all your midweek runs - some in far flung places - and congrats, TMA, you don't look a day over 40. 

Went out with 2 of my regular running partners yesterday evening - one has shingles, one is on antibiotics and my shin is still sore - but we all plan to do the Stinger, of course!

Presently sitting with my leg elevated and an ice pack on the shin - frustrating as I feel good otherwise - hopefully it will be less sore by Sunday.