FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

Comments

• imageLooks like being a perfect day for the Stingerimage I want to do it !image
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, happy birthdaay TMA, I ate your cakeimage
  • I've just booked tickets for Alice in Wonderland 3D!!!  image
  • oooh, can't wait for the review Claire image
  • I'm taking daughter to see Katherine Jenkins and Escala next week - I like their..........................music (have met Escala - strongly connected with the charity that I run VLM for - one of the girls brothers is in one of the faciliities after a catastrophic road accident).

Even better than that, booked to see Dara O'Briain in April (again with daughter - she shares my sense of humour). He cracks me up.

Just had PT session - third day of running in a row (first time for months) and knee was OK. Whoop whoop. Made me do 6 x 1 min on tready at 16.5kph/4 degrees, then 6 mins at 11.5kph/6 degrees. Harder than it sounds..................then a ton of core work.image

• OK people its me

Quick update

Work terrible an I mean terrible, our contract has not yet been renewed so have been working like mad with our new owners who are control freaks. Have been told twice we will not have a job by the end of March. Things seem now to be changing for the better though

Our Chairman thinks its a joke and stays away

I have had 2 md's this year, both have gone as they say its too political and they refused to play by the new rules. 1 lived in Cardiff and the other nr Birmingham!!!!. very handy as there was lots of working from home!!, yeah right

My number 2 has set up his own business compeating against us and has been stealing from us, now suspended awaiting sacking!!!!!.

I have had no other support apart from a new md started this week who seems to want to stay and I think is ok, although he gave up drinking from Christmas, but said he needed to have one tonight!!!

Am working my 12th day on without a break so far, but taking this weekend off, have been doing 14 on 1 off before that since mid Jan.

Running?, what is that. Once a week LSR and that is it. Am upto 16 miles but it is killing me, swimming? nope, biking?, given up as I have not been finishing until very late and would fall asleep as I pedaled

Mrs Yogs and the Kids, very very supportive

Not gonna be a 3.45er, more like a 4.45er im affraid

Am gonna try to post once a day and im gonna try to run twice or 3 times a week and tomorrow I am going to train it in and pedal home as about 2 weeks ago I cycled in and just didnt every get my bike home!!.

I am really sorry I have not beeen here, I dont know how you all are and im sorry if I have missed any news that may have been important.

Enough of the boring stuff and will try to stay in touch as I believe we have not got long until the big day

Back to work

• (((((((((((((((((Yogs)))))))))))))))))))

aw matey, that sounds so pants!!!!

Dont worry about not being a 3.45er, being a 3.45er is a state of mind now how fast your legs go. image

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Yes, you didn't get chucked off for going faster, so you can't really get chucked off for going slower can you?image
  • Chin up Yogs - however bad it is, it'll pass and you'll laugh about it one day. It's only work - health and family far more important eh ?? No-one leaves the forum once they are here - we're all here to listen when you offload - could be any one of us next time.
  • Blimey Yogs - no wonder you didn't answer my text!!!

I'm not going to be a 3.45er either, we can cross the line together!

Enjoy your weekend off - love to AM, K and J!

• FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

*looks around for Mr P*

SHUFFLE TIME

WHOOOOOOP 

END OF THE WEEEEEEEEEKKKKK imageimageimageimageimage

The sun is shining and the birds are singing... oh no, thats just the gurkhas going for a yomp on the downs

• Oh Yogs, wandered where you were, sounds like you've had a tough time of late, and I certainly know how you feel.  At least you can see some light at the end of the tunnel and your family have been there supporting you.

Work is awful for us too, Nige and I even talked last weekend about just selling the house and doing something we both wanted to do.  I never see Nigel, he works seven days a week and has done ever since I've known him, (apart from xmas).  We haven't had a holiday in 3 years (don't count Florence as that was a work trip)

Like OS said, at least we have our health.  My friend, my age, 34, has just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, it certainly makes you think!

Anyway, enough of all this talk.....it's Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a call from one of the blokes from our club, we're going for a very long run on Sunday morning, up to the Tissington Trail.  Decided not to do that race.  This way I can enjoy my weekend (ie eat a curry Sat night) and still get a long off road run in with the boys and it's an early start too, so hopefully I might get to see Nige Sunday afternoon.

Kettle is on, biccie tin open image 

• Blimey, that is really young, same age as me.  image Scary.

oooh biccies *burrows in tin* mmm bourbons. image

Fanks Claire

• Your welcome Shimmy! 

What are your plans this weekend?

• I am doing a bit more wallpapering.  That will be the last of it.  Just doing another feature wall. 

What would you and Nige do if you sold the house?  

• Oh I don't know...it was more of a row than a discussion that we had - Nige is sick of doing what he's doing for very little reward.  I think he'd like set up his own label, doing similar thing really, retail/duffels etc.

I'd like to go back and do what I use to do, event organising....or even better, win the lottery and disappear!

• Go for it.  Nothing stopping you.  If it would make you both happy and you would see each other more it would be worth it. 

Carpe diem!!!

• Carpe diem definitely ! My wife's three best friends all have breast cancer (various stages and severity, but all diagnosed within last year or so). Horrible.

Claire - curry followed by long run sounds good, although I do tend to get into difficulties if I eat the wrong type of food the evening before. Let's just say I need to plan my route carefully around facilities..........

So many of us would like to do something different, not many of actually do. Would love the opportunity but can't see it happening any time soon - if you've got the chance go for it ??

JS birthday tomorrow so I'm running a 'sports party' for him and 20 pals, with food after. Should be fun - couple of hours of (indoor) cricket and football. Out for a chinese in the evening (his choice), footy Sunday am and hopefully a LSVR/W Sunday PM. May go off road if weather stays like this image

Just sent off entry for Worthing 20. Don't really want to do it because it is tedious, but I need the discipline and a solid road run and can't fit any other events in. Ho hum, will have to put up with 3 hours of bungalows. It's sooooooooooo boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnngggggggggg

• wouldn't that be a LVSR/W image

Enjoy the party!  Didn't you do something similar last year?

I'm off to see Judi Dench in Midsummer Nights Dream tonight - can't wait!

• oh that is going to be fab TMA.  Where are you seeing it?

I saw Twelfth Night at the Globe, fab production.  And saw Julias Caesar with  Ralph Feinnes at the Barbican.  Really good too.

• OS, you may be right about the curry, we'll have to see.  Your weekend organising the sports party sounds fun! 

I agree, road miles are sooooooooo boooooooring.  I'm running the Kilomarathon next weekend you may have seen, not looking forward to it really, but like you, need to get some road miles in the bank.

Have a great time tonight MTA.

• isn't the Worthing one on a lap?  Through a housing estate type place?

boooorrrrrring image 

• I never thought I would say it, but you lot have changed my mind, I love running off road...love it!
  • Yogs! Don't worry I'm looking like a  5 45er at the moment! 

Good news is I went for a lunch time run! 

2.3 miles without any major ill effects! 

• Fab Benyo - you'll soon get those distances up I'm sure.

Rose Theatre in Kingston Shimms - am really looking forward to it image

• Sorry to hear of job woes, but Benyo you sound on the mend.

OS, how can you contemplate doing the Worthing 20, particularly when you could do the Brighton trail marathon - that is now possible to enter online? Btw, I think the Stinger accepts entries on the day.

Did anyone see the first prog about Eddie Izzard's multimarathons on BBC3 last night?

• Great news Benyo, take it easy.

Should be a good night out TMA, I love the theatre.

I recorded it SDM. I have it on series link as well, I think there are 3 of them.

• Hi all

well i'm not the only one then!. I'm thinking of changing the 'maltloafers' badge to 4-45's!.  I don't know what's going on but I don't feel much like a runner at the moment. Just can't get going this year and feel knackered on every run after only a mile or two, let alone 26.2. Had the worst  very slow long run i've ever had last weekend and that was after resting for a week!  Post virus?....I don't know? Can anyone give me a piggy back round VLM please , I'm only 13 stone.

Benyo

good to hear you're on the road to recovery.

TMA

Have a fab night. My father in law's treating my family to a weekend in Stratford soon, and to see Romeo and Juliet at the RSC home.

Yogs

good to see you back.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

hello everybody.

We're going to the pictures to see "A single Man".  What a total bore-fest that's going to be.  Well, it is Friday after all. Colin bloody Firth. Fat Smug Bastard.