Options

FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

Comments

• Options

Good run this morning, felt pretty strong and pace was identical to last week (I upped the distance a little bit). Can really feel the chi focuses kicking in at times. Last couple of weeks have been two of the strongest training runs I've done for a while.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/269086812

Got to get to work on replacing the 3,000 calories now. Happy days imageimage Oh, and off for 2 hours cricket in......image

• Options
    Great weekend, ten miles on Saturday morning at a comfortable pace followed by a five mile race on Sunday morning. So logged 5 runs, in twoe sets, one of three consecutive runs and then a rest before the other two. I haven't done that for years so perhaps that cold was a blessing in disguise.

Resting tonight, Thursday is club speed work night, so that leaves a tempo run and a nine mile easy run to arrange between Tuesday and Wednesday so I'll see what the weather brings tomorrow before deciding.

Next race is Wrexham half on 17th feb, aiming for 1:40.
  • Options
    If you google Charnwood Hills Race on FB you will see the photos from yesterday's race.

Had a mixed race, did my ankle in, don't think inov-8's are for me, brilliant through the mud though. Was 10th lady, but not a great time.

Need to find some decent off roaders for my ultra which is now less than 4 weeks away.

Sounds like a good weekend of running Mr P.
  • Options
    Looks like good fun Claire. Bryan Dale was taking photos on Sunday I'll have a look and see if any of me are shareable.

I did a short tempo run tonight, a mile warm up then 2 miles at 7.30 (wind behind) and two at nearer 8 (into the wind).

Felt better than last week, looking forward to tomorrows session, I think it's 9 miles steady.
  • Options
    Hi all good to see you're all still here;) Mr P and Claire still running very quickly and OG Chi guru getting in some solid miles for another VLM assault?

Been keeping in touch with those of us on FB from the 2007 era ....ah that very hot first VLM of mine....memories!!!

Basically had a terrible 2012

Ear Nose and Throat problems - Just 2 days post op now - second time in a year and when I did run last year every muscle was out of balance. Chi basics

The surgeon told me my nose had a grossly deviated septum causing the problems. I ran with persistent sore throats in 2010 and 2011 and then got sinusitis. All related. Pressure on the ear drums meant grommet insertion last year but I have run no more than 100 miles since 2011 image

Anyway feeling very hopeful now that 2013 will see me back. I have given up my club place for VLM as thought I would not do it any justice with just a few weeks to train. I don't expect to be running for another month to six weeks. I am hoping to be back in the swing for one more London in 2014 so watch out! Take care all and have a good one this year image
  • Options
    Benyo!!!

Good to hear from you! Not good to hear about your troubles, but if it means an end to all those colds you were getting it's a good thing isn't it?
  • Options
    Hey Benyo, I was asking off you when I ran Beachy in October, one of your club mates and he was telling me of the issues you'd been having. Hope you get sorted soon and im sure we'll see back at Beachy and London again before long.

2 weeks today till my Ultra...eek!
  • Options

Remind me which one it is Claire?

• Options
    The coastal endurance life, Bamburgh event
  • Options

Wow!

I'm off to my first half of the year in Wrexham, I ran yesterday to keep my weekly miles up it will be interesting to see how it goes today. Report to follow.

• Options
    Good luck, shall look forward to your report.
  • Options

It's not good.  clutch went on the way to the race. image to say the least.

• Options
    Did you make the race?
  • Options

No.  The AA came and towed me home.  I could have jogged to the start but it would have been silly to race then go back to the car perhaps not at my best and have to deal with potential repairs etc. 

I got home and had a snack then ran 13.1 miles but it was all wrong really, got that "bad run" feeling and knackered. I think it's going to be expensive.

• Options
    Oh no what a nightmare for you, rubbish. Hope it's not too expensive for you.

I have issues with my car at the moment which I'm trying to ignore!
  • Options

Luckily I've kept my old Focus for Puffy Junior, it was already at the garage for an MOT tomorrow so I will have transport. Worst case I can get the train I work in Crewe so it's easy from Chester

• Options
    That's okay then, have a good week.
  • Options

Claire and Mr Puffy can you PM me on here and NFS, QQ and any of the others I know, I have cancelled my RW subscription and suspect they will turf me off here as I told them how utterly bored I was with the regurgitated drivel they dole out in the magazine image   Get me on FB those who know me - SDM and OG have been on there regularly chatting anyway.      Good luck to all ! 

• Options

Hi Benyo, seems ages since we heard from you. They won't turf you off, they just don't allow you to enter RW site and links. I cancelled my sub ages ago feeling the same. They printed the same stuff and after a few years, you know it, so it's not much use to you. I have an offer for 3x mags for £5 and a free gift of a book worth £9.99, but have to pay £16 for the next quarter. You can cancel after the three if you want to.

Still ticking over with nothing planned in the near future, will have to sort something out to get back on a plan to get me out more.

• Options

Thats weird I just went on and was about to reply to a ost from Viking and now its disappeared..spooky   Anyway thanks Viking and I will atke your advise and hopefully we can still remain on here occasionallyimage 

• Options

Hi all

Interesting comments re RW - I've just read the latest issue and had exactly the same thought. It's rubbish now, recycling the same old stuff. I'm going to cancel as well.

Claire, Viking are you on FB ?? We could even recreate this forum as a closed group on FB ? Jayne, AdyP (sometimes), SDM all there along with Benyo, Puffy and me

Ws on holiday last week so didn't do a lot, but doing the Steyning Stinger this Sunday. Had a 'mare' last year with the rain and mud and falling over but still loved it, hopefully a bit drier this year. It's similar to Beachy in terms of terrain etc. Using this, plus Brighton, London and Three Forts as training runs for L2B in May. image

Puffy - that's crap news - sorry to hear that. Hope it's not too costly

• Options

Good idea on the FB group OG. 

Wonderful you are running London to Brighton. Would love to see the route if its available as this is a completely different set up than the one a few years ago ? 

Also the Steyning Stinger has wonderful memories. I did that one only once a few years ago and met up with Shimmy and Mr Shimmy. We had a great laugh. Shimmy nearly got sucked down into the first field it was that muddy - lasting image of them slowly sinking!  Don't suppose we can find them anyone? - know they moved to Bristol area? 

• Options

Benyo - it's a different race altogether (different organisers to the one you did). The route isn't out yet but I'll share it when I have it - would be great to see you somewhere en route

Details are here - http://www.london2brightonchallenge.com/

The Stinger last year was ridiculous too - I fell over 5 times. People were forming chains to get down some of the hills as they couldn't stand up. Looks like being dryer this year though. Lovely small, social & relaxed event, well organised etc and free full English to finish. Hard as nails as a run though - seriously hilly.

Will see if I can track Shimmy down, think I had an email address somewhere

• Options
    I agree need to sort out something on FB, I can't find you Benyo?!

Off to Bamburgh tomorrow...very scared about completing the distance!
  • Options

Claire - I can't find you on there ! You'll be fine tomorrow - good luck, look forward to the reportimage

• Options

I have texted Shimmy a couple of times wasn't she working in the City?  And her Dad was quite ill I think. 

I do miss her, I remember when she sponsored me at London and wrote "Scrounging Git" on my page image

Claire I can't find you either?

• Options

Sorry, Good Luck Claire!

• Options
    Thanks Guys..would be to speak to Shimmy...I'm on FB, I wander why we can't find each other?
  • Options

I have found MrP, OG, SDM. Claire I shall message you I'm easy to spot - bright yellow shirt as usual after you put my name in! 

OG looked at that L2B site it looks very impressive and well organised. Extreme Running that did the other one were very good until 2010 and then started ripping folk off and providing bad service. The good thing for me was it started in Blackheath and dropped south within a mile of my front door and then on through familiar kent trails for the first half - supporters and family were able to follow easily. I think the Richmond route might go south through Dorking or Reigate and take on some of the Tanners type route which would be stunning and then maybe thro  Burgess Hill - so you would get similar support!  image  

I will definitely be out on the route as long as am not away ( Nothing planned at present and unlikely as MrsB on a course) as its a half term lead up weekend.