Options

Pooh's Corner

Comments

• Options
    also saw another good tshirt on an American site; it said something like
    "yes, i'm running like a girl. try to keep up." would be useful for me when i go out running in my local area :-)
  • Options
    Hi guys - did 10k tonight on a treadmill, must admit I found it harder than outside. Weird. I think maybe because it was sooo boring. The slim tanned goddess with full make up on next to me gave me some funny looks. I think she took one look at me and thought I'd only be on there for 5mins. LOL. Oh well I came off like a big red sweaty beacon. Nice.
    My babys passport arrived this morning. Very cute. We are off to Tuscany on the 16th of September for 2 weeks with my parents. I am counting down the days.
    Grendel - I have read all your posts and if my husband turns out to be as close to our little one as you are with yours I think I'd marry him all over again. You are a star and when your wife gets through the other side I hope she'll realise. Life just becomes so worth it when you have kids. I never realised before how selfish I was. Not in a bad way but I could do what I wanted when I wanted and the news etc did not touch me as deeply as it does now. That is one of the biggest shocks since becoming a mum - I just can't watch the news when there is something on there to do with babies it rips me to pieces. The other major shock is how completely and utterly devoted I am to her. Everything I think and do is for her and i love it. Every time I make a decision it is based on what's best for my little girl. I'm obsessed!

I am very excited for tomorrow. Husband and I are off to see Blue Man Group in Drury Lane. First day out on our own since her birth. Very nervous about boobs exploding. I'll be leaving her from 12pm till 8pm - 8hrs longest time away from her and longest time without breastfeeding eeek. I am not revelling in the fact that I may have to hand express in the interval. Maybe TMI. Husband said he'd do it! I think I'd rather watch the show not be a part of it!

We are off swimming first thing (she loves swimming) we go every sat and sun. Then off to granny and grandads to drop her off.

Oh well better get to bed. Might get a hour in if I'm lucky.

Tweety - can I have one of those t-shirts please.

xSarahx

• Options
    i am on here this morning, as mini tweety opened the cupboard where we keep the laptop and announced she wanted the "tooter". we bought a CD rom called toybox which has various bits for the teletubbies, tweenies, fimbles, bill & ben, bob the builder and, god help us, yoho ahoy.

am looking forward to my run tomorrow. i had a lie in until 7.30am this morning; i can't remember the last time i had that!!! i hope you get some sleep soon windy and enjoy the blue man group. i went to the cinema about six weeks after i had mini tweety to see the last matrix film and i cried in the car all the way to the cinema. we were only away for about 3 hours!

i am going to have a look on the FLM forum; that's where i saw someone mention about those tshirts (the running like a girl one) windy. i will leave the site on here if i find it.

have a great weekend everyone.
  • Options
    found the site!

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/26.2/marathon/-/rpp_18

now if I can find that 'future olympian' one...
  • Options
    Hi thanks tweety bought it!

We left mini windy at 12.30 and got back to her at 5.50pm - I must admit I thought we would be longer so I was pleased to get back before boobs exploded. I was actually very calm -shocked myself. Mini windy was fine and went to activity world with granny and grandad. All in all I worried about nothing. Blue Man Group was fab. We were upgraded from row N to row F in the middle of the stalls 5 rows from the front. Enjoyed every minute of it - lots of fun.

Looking forward to run tomorrow - will probably end up being in gym as there are too many floods en route round here at the mo. My dad may join me as well which should be fun.

Hope you all are well and having a good weekend.
  • Options
    Hello this is a quick one supposed to be celebrating our 1st anniversary so havent read other threads. ((yet)). Feeeling like crap mother. Sisters dog attacked my baby and she has 10 stitches in her face. Spent thurs in hosp with her. Got out late yest. She was right beside me when I went to get her food out of my bag. Next thing she was like a rag doll on the floor at my feet with blood everywhere. Its mainly her lip. Very tiny stitches but I really let her down. Got to go hubby and in laws calling. Will log on again tomorrow. How bad a mother am I if i can't protect my own daughter?
  • Options
    OMG ((((Batmouse)))). Honey, you're not a bad mother. You poor love and poor little mouse. Jeez ... I guess the dog wasn't used to babies?

Please don't blame yourself. We do all that we can and would even lay down our lives for our little ones but in the blink of an eye, terrible things can happen. I can imagine you must feel terrible but you didn't do anything wrong. Huge hugs to you and to your little one. It will look terrible now but stitches heal amazingly well these days. I'm sure you'll hardly know in time. Did the hospital say how they thought it would heal and would it scar. Aloe Vera is meant to be very good for reducing scarring but you would need to research it yourself as I don't know whether it's okay for little ones or whether you need cream or something to be taken internally. Would really recommend that you look it up though.

What's your sister going to do about the dog? That's a real worry.

So sorry to hear that Batmouse. Having our babies is one of the most rewarding things that we do but also causes the most worry and heartache and as someone pointed out to me yesterday, that worry and heartache will be with us until the day we die. Still worth it though don't you think?

Hope you feel better yourself soon Batmouse. Really, not your fault.

xxx
  • Options
    Batmouse it is awful, and it is certainly NOT your fault.

I too was attacked by a dog as a child (I was lucky enough to climb up a ladder and emerge realtively unscathed) but this had left me with a deep destrust of dogs. You post just confirms all my fears. I hope your lovely tot gets better soon.

Well done for your tready 10k windy. i sue music, that makes the time pass very quickly, and normally see the distance as a set of 5 2k slots: slow, less slow, steady, less slow, slow - liek that it goes away in a flash.

Grendel - done my hmara yesterday: 1.54

• Options
    (((((((batmouse and mouselet)))))))
    how bl**dy awful, my heart went to the pit of my stomach when I read your post. Thank god mouselet is ok though. Sorry to sound harsh but your sister must but that dog to sleep. Any animal that attacks a child like that regrettably must go. It is not your fault but I understand how you feel it could be. Whenever mini windy knocks her head(which is a lot recently) it stikes another pang of guilt in me. I think we spend our whole life feeling guilty as parents. Par of the course I expect.
    Give mouslet a big hug from me and mini windy.

- I was also atacked by a dog - I was about 11 years old and it was next doors dog. It bit my bum lots of blood. My father is a policeman and he got the police involved. I had to show the policeman where it bit me. I was very embarresed.
    My parents to this day do not talk to the neighbour!
    I love dogs but will never own one - I think kids are enough responsibility can't handle any more. My sister has two dogs and I can't stand them. They were always trying to junp up at me when I was pregnant and always sniffing round little windy. Little windy loves them though.

Got to go meeting dad for a run in the gym. Will take mp3. Look forward to hearing how the arm strap thingy works batmouse for your creative.

Stellina - thanks for the well done - propbably do a light run today as did two hard ones already this week- have a twinge in my hip and knee. (no anterior crutiate ligament in right knee). Well done an hmara!! I'd love to be able to run that far.

xwindyx
  • Options
    OMG BM hope she is OK -

• Options
    Stellina well done on the half marathon -

We all wnt swimming today and had great fun little Grendel loves it and windy I,m sure yur other half will be fine too nothing to it!

Oh well bath t run take care all
  • Options
    (((((batmouse & mouselet)))))

batmouse, you are NOT a bad mother. hope mouselet is doing OK.

have had a bit of a bad weekend, but will not go into it because i think compared to your past few days batmouse, i think mine was easy going!

well done stellina on the 1/2 mara. windy, let me know what the tshirt is like when it arrives; i am definitely considering buying one.
  • Options
    Hello

Thank you for all the get well hugs etc for my ikle mouselet. Thank you for making me feel a bit better am trying to stop beating myself up but it is very hard when I look at her face and she gives me a smile asks for a kiss then pats me on the shoulder when I give her a cuddle. I just well up.

Mouslet doing okay. Having a struggle with antibiotics (she doesn't like them). Tried various things such as putting it in her milk etc but no she doesn't like it. I think it tastes better than calpol, but thats just me. She doesn't seem too bad. Think the consultant said as long as no infection then scarring will be minimal. So washing and applying cream 3 times a aday religiously. I don't know what my sister is doing with the dog. She was supposed to be coming up today but cried off. I get the feeling she wants to keep it but I will not be going anywhere near. Her husband picked their housekeys up from mums and said it was out of character and Dogs trust certified her as ok around children but not sure about small babies/toddlers. Thought hubby going to blow a fuse. He managed to stay calm but did blow in car. Major row. Great way to spend your first wedding anniversary. Considering my niece stays there with her daughter and is there now the baby is not even a year yet. But since my sis seems to be avoiding me I canot say for definate wot happening.

I have a dog which I love to bits, but my daughter has fenced off area of garden. We play in there and if I put my washing out I put my baby in there to play while I may be a little distracted. I trust my dog with baby's life she used to 'guard the pram' and she gets very distressed and barks if mouselet tries to go a bit too far ahead in the garden without me. But if my dog had bitten/scratched my great nieces face like my baby's there would be no question of the dog staying. I have been bitten myself by a german shepherd. I still have the marks on my back. I can still remember it leaping at me and turning away.

It doesn't seem to have dampened her enthusiasm for doing everything at lightning speed though. I am just so pleased she is okay as she can be. As one of the nurses said I could have been arranging a funeral. It was the worst moment of my life when they put her under the GA. Kissing her little head. Awful.

I think I will see what my sis says about the dog then work it from there. Didn't get out for a run tonight windy. After row and not a great deal of sleep over the last couple of nights I was just too physically and emotionally drained. Hubby going to kick my ass out of door tomorrow night. So will let you know then about armband.
  • Options
    Sorry rather long post. Hubby on night shift. He had to go in. Could have taken full week off, but not been paid. Since kitchen is empty shell he thought it wise to go to work.

I will run today. Should I ever get to bed!!! Well done those who did run.
  • Options
    Batmouse, I'm pleased to hear Mouselet is doing well. Keep your chin up honey. It could have been so much worse. Do look into Aloe Vera (I noticed a load of stuff in Body Shop's window today).

xxxx
  • Options
    hi batmouse, hope you're doing OK today.

mini tweety hates anything apart from calpol as well. i have tried all the things you have as well (putting it in milk etc) but i am sure she can smell it. we now give it to her in a syringe and do it bit by bit. takes a bit longer but at least i know she is getting it all. we also do it when she's in her highchair so she can't run off!! keep her favourite drink nearby so she can have some afterwards.

blowing a gasket was probably hubby's way of "coping" with the stress of it all. we girls bawl our eyes out (we've all been there, me included) and blokes (well mine anyway) start getting mad. see if you and hubby can plan a repeat 1st anniversary in a couple of weeks when mouselet is a bit better. could your mum come round and look after her while you go out for lunch or something maybe?

hope your week gets better. i didn't get out for a run at the weekend either, so am getting itchy feet (and have 5k on bank holiday monday, yikes!)
  • Options
    Batmouse – didn’t have time last night to say more – but unfortunately things happen that are out of our control – it certainly doesn’t make you a bad parent, although I can understand why you would feel that way – as you must be feeling ‘if only’ - we can’t watch them 24 hours per day (although I know you want to) and can’t blame ourselves if something like that happens. I was a shame that your husband and you had a row but I guess at the end of the day he was frightened and was the only way he could deal with what had happened – perhaps some tears would have been better – but we’re not supposed to cry are we.

We had a dog, up until January, but after my wife went back to work she was getting more and more distressed about being left for best part of three days a week and started to become destructive – so we took a very sad decision to have her re-homed which was the hardest decision I have ever had to be party to, but I now know that she is happy where she is so in my heart of hearts I know we made the right decision for her.

It must be hard for your sister and a difficult decision for her to make – she must be feeling terribly guilty about it – Perhaps you need to talk to her when emotions are not running quite so high.

I think the suggestion that you re-visit your 1st anniversary in a couple of weeks is a good one even if you go out as a family

Anyway take care and don’t feel badly about it – it really was out of your control
    We’re lucky Nathan has to take 40 mls of lactaluse each day which I can mix in with his milk, and 7.5 mls of senakot – which he is not to bad at taking plus a stronger laxative once a week which is a bright orange colour which he loves – that one taste the worst of the lot to me (isn’t it funny how parents taste the medicines that we give out children.

Anyway better start work take care all and well done on the half again stellina

• Options
    Thanks everyone. Hubby and mum had blazing row tonight. Mum went stomping home. I told Mum he was not in the best frame of mind. Not to mention the dog etc. Workmates wound him up a bit about sister keeping dog. They were talking private prosicution etc which is not a road I want to travel, Its easy for him to say but its not his sister. We were so close. I love my big sister. It was an accident. I wish she wasn't keeping the dog. But I can't do anything other than keep my mouselet away from my sisters.

Anyway mouselet woke up grizzly (just like daddy). Hubby took her through to sitting room to try settle her down as she was crying. I went into garden to have 5 mins after tea. Next thing I knew could hear him shouting and mum was leaving. Mouselet will settle with hubby after a few initial crocodile tears that mummy's left. Although I hate it a health visitor I worked with (I wish she was mine) told me to always say bye bye see you soon and never to sneak off as it can make children worse. I always say back in 2 shakes of a cats tail. Normaly it settles her. I can't let her into kitchen at the mo as it is a bomb site so hubby has baby while I load dishwasher and tidy up. For the last 3 -4 weeks this has been working great. She's even been letting me go for runs rather than having to wait until bedtime. Since incident she become clingy again. I know daddy treasures his dad and daughter time so as hard as it is for me I leave them to it. After a couple mins of crying she usually stops picks up her favourite santa book ( i know it off by heart) and asks for knee. Tonite for some reason it didn't happen. Mum tried to take mouselet off him and wham its all blown up. Hubby admits he was partly to blame, but I feel like I am living in war zone. Biug brother coming to see us tomorrow (well today) so am hoping things can calm down.

Thanks for listening. Otherwise I think I'd go slowly mad!!!!

Nite nite (sorry its long again) Maybe I should write a happy families book!!!
  • Options
    ((Grendel/tweety))We are going on hol next weekend up to Inverness so we are going to go out as a family (Well....)

((minty))Going to get aloe today. Nephew a pharmacist he reckons ok to use once A/B cream stopped which is wed So will be using lots of aloe.
  • Options
    ((batmouse))

it is only natural that mouselet will be a bit unsettled after what has happened. hopefully some time to yourselves next week will help things a bit.

i chatted to my hubby about it and he said he would have called the police about the dog but as you said, it is also your sister. if your sister won't speak to you or is avoiding you, you could maybe write a letter to her, explaining how you feel and how hard it was for you to see mouselet in pain and in hospital the way she was.

i hope things improve for you in the next few days :-)

ah, i have a week off work with mini tweety next week. can't wait. we have audiology appointment for her (she has glue ear) and we are going to a messy play session as well!! and a 5k for me on monday, eek!
  • Options
    Batmouse, as tweety said she is going to be clingy she wants her Mum after what happened, as is totally unsettled by the experience – the idea of writing to your sister is a good idea she is probably feeling terrible at the moment and maybe a letter will clear the air – the main thing is for you and your husband to pull together – at least you have a break to look forward to and in times of stress you can always post here
  • Options
    Hi guys - just wondering how everyone is??

Message from mini windy to mouselet " hope you're feeling much better mouselet - mummy told me about that nasty doggy, have a nice week of with your mummy next week"

Everyones thinking about you!!

Bed now - after a hard 10k. I hope mini windy sleeps tonight.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Hello everyone

Thanks again.

((Tweety)) you go to messy play too!! I love it more than the mouselet. I get to play with paints and glue and sticky things am teaching mouselet about art of course (ahem). She showed rather expensive taste in local craft shop owned by neighbour last week before incident. Was trying to get some card and stuff to do some scrapbooking she was picking up disney stickers.

I am giving sister until tomorrow nite as we used to arrange to see each other Thursdays. Its her turn to ring me. I can't ever go to her house now but as mum lives over the road I will go there. If she doesn't ring then I guess it will have to be the letter. I don't want to fall out with her as she is my sister and I don't have a lot of close friends as they have grown up kids now and we never seem to meet up anymore. I got to my scrapbook class tonight I didn't do anything I just sat and talked. £ cups of tea later ( and several trips to the loo when I got home am now in jim jams after hot bath drinking hot milk. Hopefully mouselet will sleep tonight.

((Windy)) I admire you am a week behind on schedule. Repeating last week since didn't get to run until yest I feel as if I am never going to get to 10k never mind the GNR. Hope baby sleeps. Know what its like to have baby that doesn't.

((Mini Windy)) Thank you I am feeling much better and gave Mummy a run for her money in the library today. Chose lots of books, but was so excited I couldn't decide if I should keep running over the rainbow bridge or climb on the chairs. In the end decided to do both! Great fun. I have got lots of mischief planned for our holiday too.!!!!xxxx Mouselet.
  • Options
    ((Grendel)) we managed to pull together today. We actually had some lovely quality family time this afternoon. Got to play in the garden. Hubby was supposed to be in bed but couldn't sleep. Mouselet wore him out though.
  • Options
    Hi eveyone glad mouslet feeling better - and that she is up to mischief - family time is what it is all about - oh well better get on with some work.
  • Options
    batmouse - it's our first messy play session. i normally work full time and my local surestart office are doing some sessions in the holiday and it just happens i have next week off work to give my mother in law a rest (who normally looks after mini tweety.) we have messy play and a visit to the audiologist planned. may go and feed the ducks as well. week at home means that i will have to do evening runs when hubby gets home because i can't take mini tweety to the gym and i don't have one of those baby jogger things. unless someone wants to lend me one for the week!

glad to hear that you had a good day yesterday batmouse. hope things get better for you all. well done on the 10k windy.

have just found out the results from last year for the 5k i am doing on bank holiday monday. last finisher last year was 32minutes something; my PB is 37.30. b1oody hell.
  • Options
    Don’t worry about the time Tweety – you may even surprise yourself – it is as I have said in the other forum a very fast course and as it is two laps you are never far from the finish – Barking RR are a very friendly club – also there is usually a little fun run for the kids – approx 800 metres long which is free to enter - take some bread too as there are ducks on the ‘lake’ and squirrels in the park -
  • Options
    thanks grendel; am freaking out a teeny bit but mr tweety has said he will be there to cheer me in :-) as has someone on the other forum.

thanks for the tip about bread for the ducks; mini tweety loves feeding them although she tries to jump in the water with them :-( junior tweety (my stepson) will probably do the fun run. if mini tweety entered the fun run, would i be able to toddle with her because she would probably run off course!
  • Options
    Of course you can run wit her she'll love it.