Pooh's Corner

Comments

• grendel - sorry to hear that it's still not working between mini grendel and mummy. you can't explain PND to a 3 year old; it's impossible. my hubby had a hard enough time explaining it to junior tweety (10 years old.) i think it is something that will take some time and also effort from her. i know that sometimes that i have to quite literally bite my tongue and have sometimes had to leave her screaming because i don't want to shout at her. the worst time is when i am out with her and she has a tantrum and everyone is staring, which makes me feel worse. mini tweety has a birthmark on her forehead and i used to get a lot of stares and comments from people as well. if she is reducing her antids, perhaps she might have reduced them too fast (which has happened with me and i have had to go up again.)

batmouse, i am one of those people who holds grudges. i still detest hubby's ex-wife for what she did and it wasn't me she cheated on! i know she is your sister but all your husband sees is that his little girl has been hurt. it is a long time until the wedding, so he has time until then to think about things. hubby and i fell out with our family when we got married on holiday in cornwall and his mum didn't speak to us for a month. with your mother in law grendel, if your wife has a short temper like i do with PND, she won't be in a forgiving mood. hopefully as she gets better, she might be more willing to make some sort of contact with her mum.

wow, this post has gone on for a long time. hope you are all well. windy - did you get your tshirt yet?

i am just putting a post on health and injury so if anyone has any advice, it would be most welcome!
  • Thanks Tweety - we think she is following the doctors intructions she had 1 every other day for two months and is now on 1 every two days until November not sure what happens then as OH basically says well I'm fine now - she does have a very quick temper anyway and as I am probably the calmest person in the world that seems to rile her anyway - perhaps I should blow up too!

Have just put our house on the market so the next few months might be quite trying too!

anyway well done again on Barking Park have been through the results and makes interesting reading - hopefully one day wil be able to be involved again
  • you and your wife sound very like me and my hubby grendel! my hubby is so laid back he would fall over sometimes and the slightest thing gets to me. i have been back on the higher dose for about two weeks now and i find i am not losing my temper quite so much.
    good luck with the house - that's pretty hard work so i hope it is as stress free as possible for you!
    thanks again re. barking and hope to see you and mini grendel at southend.

messy play was FAB by the way. was recovering (see my post on health&injury) but still enjoyed it and mini tweety got nice and covered in pain, cold spaghetti and compost (don't ask!)

sleep tight all :-)
  • Little Grendel loves watching the running so weather permitting will be there watching out for you.

I read your other post re nerves, the toilet thing is awkward – probably more so for the woman than men as there always seem to be far longer queues – probably because there are usually bushes, shop door ways and open ground that men happily use. I think we all tend to drink more water as well to make sure we are will hydrated –

As for the nerves, in my ‘career’ I ran well over 300 races including several marathons – and almost without exception I was always very nervous before a race – especially the marathon, all I think you can do really is to give yourself plenty of time to get to the start so you are not rushing, and try and keep as calm as you can. There is nothing worse than rushing – especially as you are then trying to find parking etc
  • hello quick one in the middle of packing and mouselet playing with the comp too. Away for a week. If we don't fall out over what goes with us and what stays holiday should be good. By time we have jogger in back of car not a lotta room for other stuff.

Glad you enjoyed messy play Tweety. Looking forward to going again when we get back.

Hang in there grendel. We women are temperamental things. We should have handle with care labels. Good luck with house. When we bought this one swore never moving again.

Will post when get back asa by time car loaded etc tonight will fall into bed as will prob have to be up at 5.00 a.m. LOL

u

ouse.
  • Have a really great time _ I think you deserve it.
  • hello again, all. hope you are all ok.

had a good run at the gym yesterday after nearly a week off. spent too much, as ever, at runners need today. can't go in that shop without buying anything.

did anyone see the pics of suri cruise yet? she is an absolute cutie and katie holmes looks flawless. i certainly didn't look like that when mini tweety was 4 months old!!!!! her father's still an arse though (don't get me started on his opinions of antids and PND; i'll never stop.)
  • The whole scientology sect is bizarre - but then it was started by a man - (I sent them an email earlier this year about their views but rather surprisingly didn't get a reply - and as far as looking like Katie Holmes after 4 months, I think probably she has a few advantages over you - like lots and lots of money and help!

And I'm sure Mr Tweety wouldn't have traded you in for all the katie Holme's in the world!

And I thought you meant Kelly Holmes at first as I was a bit surprised that one she had had a baby and 2, that having met her and know one of her friends, that she had had a baby!
  • Hello all. How are you?? am back after a week away. Have the washing mountain from hell. Enjoyed the week, but we were 1/2 way up a hill so the running was painful.

((tweety)) I bought a couple of mags for bedtime reading pics of Katie with cold sores and looking a bit haggard. Publicity shots always look good.

I know I looked like a tramp 4 months after the birth. Was still wearing my maternity trackie bottoms as they were comfie. (until someone asked me when I was due).

Funny lot as Grendel says. My brother bought a book from them years ago he got conned into going into the office for some test or other. Took ages to get them off our backs. They used to come to the house and ask for him. We got post every other day wanting him to join them. Started to post it back to america with postage to be paid on return. They stopped sending it after that. They have an office in one of the main streets in town. They kept offering 'free personality tests' kept saying no thanks. One day this guy leaps out at my friend and me offering the test so I said I had no personality and walked on. Few days later same guy comes in to register with gp I worked for and said ' yeah you are right doctors receptionists usually have no personalities' Touche. WAs ok after that he stopped bothering me.

Anyway hows things??? I could have spent a fortune in JJB sports they had a PROPER running dept for women. But bought a climalite cap instead as mine was soaking. It threw it down on the tuesday so we went to look around Inverness.

Must go try get sleep. Going to do some warm milk. Got a thank you text from my sis for her birthday card and flowers so I hope we are someway to being able to see each other or at least talk. I miss her really badly. She is one of the few frinds I have.

Night night
  • glad you had a good time - hope you got the sleep you need.
  • good luck with your sister by the way BM
  • ooh sleep, i could do with a bit of that!

bought the new issue of vanity fair today. can't deny that suri is an absolutely gorgeous baby but again, he's still an arse.

batmouse, glad to hear you had a good time. i remember those pics of katie holmes with the cold sore, i'm lucky i don't get them.

potty training is going ok but mini tweety is reluctant to use the potty/toilet. she just holds it all morning when she's in her 'knick knicks' (as we call them) and when she has a nappy on for a sleep, she does a poo/wee. ah well, have a feeling this might be a loooong process.
  • Mouselet slept through last night. But had the night from hell the previous night. Sat in the chair in her room for an hour until she went back to sleep. She screamed and screamed until I sat with her. Hubby was on nightshift so at 2am I could have took her in with me but I really don't want her to sleep with us all night. Well one of us would have to sleep in spare room anyway as she takes over the bed.

Have not seen any pics Tweety but may go into smiths and have a neb in Vanity fair. I agree with you on the a**e bit!

How old is mini Tweety??? When do you start potty training? Mouselet now tells me proudly when she's poo'd. She even says a giggly pard when she pumps. The joys. I am not looking forward to potty training. I just got her out of the bath tonight. Let her jump around the bed. She ran into her room and pee'd on the floor. Luckily its laminate but it was like a horse peeing.

She goes for her review at the hosp tomorrow. Her scars are healing well. I keep applying Aloe Vera gel that was recommended by Minty on another thread. I hope she's not going to have to bigger scars.

Had two horrible days yest and today. Feel a bit better after tonights run. Thought my sis was going to make contact other than text message, but Mum changed the subject when I asked if She would like to come over Thurs when I am at mums for lunch. She lives across the road from my mum. What does that say. Mum goes to shops with her on a Wed and Thurs. But now my Mum seems to be trying to shrug it off and told me she was going blackberry picking with sis and dog on Friday. When I said to mum today Mouselet had a fright at a dog barking on Sunday when we were outside cafe at beach. She just said well maybe its a good thing and will put her off dogs. I can't even tell her how miserable I am because she doesn't listen. Got home last night and cried buckets.

One of Hubby's work collegues had been away for 4 weeks and heard about what happened he went to see hubby on shift Sunday night and told him to take out private prosecution against sis and that got him fired up. He hardly spoke to me Mon and yest. Just wanted to run away.

There were chocolates and flowers this morning on table. He went to Asda on way home. He is afraid I will cave in and go to my sisters. I said I won't. I have the picture of my daughter covered in blood etched in my memory forever.
    I saw my brother in law and the dog on the friday before we went away. I felt physically sick. He has it muzzled but what use is that when it used its claws?

Anyway I have gone on for long enough. Feel a bit better now.

Night night
  • Don’t worry about how long you go on BM if it helps then go for it – not sure how to say this but if almost sounds from your post as if mouselet is being blamed for what happened (She just said well maybe its a good thing and will put her off dogs), which is of course rubbish as a young child cannot possibly understand the dangers of dogs – I’m not sure that a private prosecution is the way to go as it will only antagonise matter further – although I can fully understand why he has thought about it. I know it is a difficult decision to make to have a dog destroyed, but with out doubt the dog should not now be allowed anywhere near children – and I can also understand your husbands resentment as to him your family seem to be trying to brush it under the carpet.

Good luck at the hospital though!

Little Grendal regularly comes into the spare bed with me – everyone tells me that it is a rod for my own back – even OH – but so what – I am the only one who deals with him at night/early morning so I consider I’m the only one to make the decision on how I deal with it - I have on several occasions dropped off to sleep whilst driving so I decide what I am going to do as far as sleep is concerned.

Have just turned down invitation to firms Xmas Meal because no one else can put him to bed – and will come home to find OH a quivering wreck whilst little gren will then settle down as soon as I get back in – no point as it will only cause trouble between me and OH.

Oh well I have gone on too – but don’t worry about it BM as we are here to listen – and Tweety let me know your number for the Southend as I can give you a shout (me and Little Gren)
  • batmouse, don't worry about going on too long. i do it all the time and i feel it really helps to get it out. it's obviously a tender subject at home and we here don't mind being a listening ear. mini tweety is 3 on 1st october - a big milestone.

grendel - shame about the christmas meal. i don't get a christmas meal unfortunately (the NHS doesn't stretch to that!) my number for southend is 2047. will probably wear a pink short sleeved shirt and black trousers, although i may treat myself to one of those foska shirts (the marmite or heinz baked beans ones.)

stay cool everyone. and sleep little ones, because your mummies and daddies are knackered!!
  • will be looking out for 2047 then tweety
  • Ah Tweety u work for the NHS so did I until they made me redundant at christmas!!! I fancy one of the shirts too,
  • That was supposed to say I fancy one of those shirts too. Was a bit longer in the bath than I wanted to be and heard hubby snoring happily on sofa. Thought best to go get him up. Its his last night on for 3 weeks.

Hospital went ok. They say everything healed ok and scars if any will be minimal. We were trying to get a copy of the photo took in A&E so that my mum could see exactly what it looked like. But it isn't with her notes. HAve got to give medical records a ring in 2 weeks to see if they can trace it.

((grendel)) I don't want a private prosecution either. My Nephews soon to be wife has done her law degree (okay she didn't do well enough to practice) but her folks best mates are both solicitors and I am sure with persuasion would give sis her legal advice for free. We wouldn't stand a chance. They would probably bring up the time Mouselet was throwing peek-a boo blocks at our dog through the baby gate (but our dog is so stupid she was bringing them back upstairs for Mouselet to throw again). I being the neglectful mother, was vacuuming an thought she was just throwing them downstairs as babys do. She sat on the dog once too I was walking her around the lawn just before she could walk properly and she just sat down on the dog like she was a cushion, the dog got up shook herself and went to her hidy hole. She has tried several times to stand on the dogs tail as we have been walking past. This will have all been passed on by my mum to my sister.

I am not too bothered if Mouselet comes into bed with us really, its just she ends up kicking one of us out. Ususlly my poor hubby. We need a new bed and when the kitchen (should we ever get a new one) gets finished we are going to start on bedroom, decided a kingsize bed best option. Shes a wiggler. She's up and down, this way and that. You get up feeling as if you haven't been to bed.

Shame about your Xmas meal. Maybe we should have online one as I won't be going to any this year either. I will do some of the cooking, who is going to bring the alcohol??

((Tweety)) I bet that 3 years have flown over?? I can't believe its 2 weeks to this years GNR its really gone quick. I will be on the start line whilst you are having birthday celebrations. So 3 ish is the time to start potty training. Oh gosh. I really am not looking forward to it. How is it going???

I agree with the sleeping bit.

Nite
  • When is the Southend Tweety???
  • batmouse - you are NOT a neglectful mother. it is impossible to watch kids 24 hours a day. mini tweety tried to eat a slug in my parents garden at the weekend. hubby got it all out but 1/2 hour later, she wasn't swallowing, so dad called the paramedics. he reckoned that when she tried to swallow it, the slug gave out a horrible taste, i suppose like they do when birds etc try to eat them and that's why she wasn't swallowing. nightmare. all better now, thank goodness but i don't want to let her out of my sight and hubby & i both feel bad.

know what you mean about when they get into bed with you. mini tweety is here, there and everywhere and i have been kicked in various places! it's more painful when you're not on your guard.

good luck with GNR. i didn't realise you were running it. southend 10k is 8th october - yikes! don't bother starting potty training until they are showing signs that they are ready, every kid is different. it might be worthwhile getting a book about it for you (and mouselet) so you are prepared and know what signs to look out for. don't rush them into though, because it will only take longer and you will end up pulling your hair out.

i reckon an online xmas party is a great idea! it would solve the problem for grendel and me (unless you want your national insurance to go on my hospital's staff xmas party, fellow tax payers!) i have a bottle of chateauneuf du pape in the cupboard at home one of my bosses gave me (i don't really drink) so i can bring that.

any other volunteers?
  • a bottle of chateauneuf du pape - I'll be there too!

I'll treat us to a bottle of champagne - I think we deserve it.

Accepted an offer on our house yesterday and had an offer we made on a SMALL bungalow accepted last Sunday so the worrying starts now.

Little grendel woke twice again last night (last week he had slept all the way through) so he ended up in the spare room with me - and like your two he is all over the place - he tends to sleep across the bed, or he'll decide he wants to sleep on me - so he'll climb on board!

This way he does sleep to about 7 though which gives me a chance to get up and wash -

looking forward to our christmas party already.

And to go on a bit longer - tweety is right bm you can't watch them all the time and by the sound of it your dog isn't bothered and sees it as a game. And she has a hidy hole to go to when she needs space - I think the key there is that moulset knows it is the dogs place and learns to keep away.

Its entirely a different thing to having a dog that a ttakcs children - I guess in the long run yu are going to have to put it behind you if you want to rebuild you relationship with your sister - and the good news is that the scarring is likely to be minimal so at least that is one good thing
  • Thanx I feel better already. OOOOh tweety that sounds good. I know what you mean about not really drinking. Have a couple of glasses of wine now and again but am on mouselet duty. Going to friends hen night tomorrow. Will have a couple of drinks then go onto water or orange juice. Hubby got mouseelet so the kitchen will be neglected this weekend. He is at the match tomorrow and I am going into town with mum in law and mouselet.

I know what you mean about can't keep your eye on them. Mouselet got 1/2 a seed head from a bluebell in May/june. Got one half out of mouth but she swallowed other 1/2. Rang NHS direct in a panic. They told me what to watch for such as diarr and vom, lips turning blue. Hubby and myself worried sick for 24 hours. She was okay. They are little terrors.

Its my long run on Sundays so I try to keep alcohol to a mimimum. Tried a gin and tonic on Wed we got a bottle as anniversary pressie from my brother as he made them when we were on holiday last year. They tasted ok then. I put it down the loo on thurs YUCK.

Good luck with house Grendel. It is a worrying time. OOH champagne. I best do well with the cooking then. May even have my new oven though the kitchen is WELL behind shedule.

Its a lovely feeling though when they snuggle into you and drift back off. Its like aw my mums here I can sleep peacefully now. Then they take over the bed. Getting kicked in the face isn't nice though.

Was going to get as book on potty training in next couple of weeks. She keeps telling me she has poo'd. Just got to get to a stage where she can tell me before hand. Though should be fun with hubby. He's not the best with stinky nappies never mind a potty.

Its my 8th GNR this year. I swear blind at mile 8 its going to be my last one. but the finishing mile is just brilliant. Will see how I feel when I get to 10. Would have been my 9th if hadn't torn my ligament in 1999 2 weeks before the event.

Nite nite
  • Morning all - glad you feeling more postive BM - good luck with the potty - we are stuttering along - although strangely enough little Gendel will use the urinal whenever we go to a public toilet - still won't sit on the loo or potty for anything else though.

Had him in Thomas the Tank engine pants Saturday, the result was when I came back down from the shower he had wet and pooed himself himself and then was endeavouring to clean himself up - there was dirty tissue everywhere. Bless

He'll go straight back to sleep if I get in the spare bed with him - but then the wriggling starts and I end up feeling shattered in the morning. (as I am now!)

Have a nice day.

• mini tweety was in her knick knicks most of the weekend. she was playing in our room on sunday when she weed on the floor, looked down at it and carried on playing!!! chaos ensued as mr tweety picked up mini tweety to put her in the shower without dripping wee everywhere and i mopped up the mess without getting it all over myself. ah, kids.

bad day yesterday; had no energy and not much better today. have booked the day off tomorrow and am going to sleep all day hopefully because i haven't run since friday because i haven't got the energy to put one foot in front of the other.

have a great day everyone.
  • So we are all shattered then!

We thought that little grendel would not like the feeling of being wet - and I was right but rather than inspiring him - he jsut cleaned himself up, put his shorts over a radiator to dry and got poo all up his T shirt from where he wiped himself and that was it!

Oh bless him and to cap it all a mouse run over my foot last night and I couldn't catch it - so to it's official we have mice!

Tried to buy a trap at lunch time but couldn't so although not sure i approve have bought poison.

have a good sleep tomorrow tweety.
  • Little grendel used the potty 6 times last night between 5 and bedtime and used it both for wee and poo – very proud of himself to, went on to use it again this morning (although he did say Mummy said you would buy me a present if I use the toilet!) oh well a small rice to pay – am going to get a sticker chart as well so we can perhaps do a reward system so he does not expect something every time he performs!

He was running a temperature last night although seems better this morning so as a result had him in bed with me for most of the night – and he wanted lots of hugs and to chat! Am shattered today – oh well joys of being daddy.

Hope everyone is well and you enjoy your day off tweety.
  • I know the feeling Grendel, Mousie teething. The joys. Had to have a nap with her Sunday was shattered. She had me up at 4.00 am (had been out and got in at 11.30 due to car park problem) Only had a couple of drinks then onto soft ones. Think because I had been kept busy all day Saturday plus disturbed nights it caught up with me yesterday. Was like a zombie. Went to dentist was supposed to be mouselets first check up, but she had just woken up and was grumpy. She got to sit in the chair and was introduced to the dentists array of toys to bribe little ones to open their mouths.

Its worrying when they run a temp and you are not sure what for. Its usually when mousie getting teeth. Gave her calpol last night as she was really chewing on her fingers. Had hoped she would sleep through but was up 3 times. She settled quickly once the blanket was put back.

Well done with the potty training.

I envy you tweety a day to sleep oh whats that???? Enjoy your day whatever you do.

Am off to Mums for lunch. We are going to local baby shop for wool. She knits mousie lovely cardies and things. Saw a lovely winter coat in the window for mousie when we passed on Saturday. We already have one for her, but its a bit big and I really need two. I walk everywhere so if one gets dirty I need another on standby. Will see how much and what sizes.

Well best go Mouselet wrecking her room.

Have a good day all.