Pooh's Corner

Comments

• ooh, talking of sunderland/newcastle, what did you think of the result at the weekend BM?
  • Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Thank you!!

Good luck at Dagenham 88 tonight - if you come across either Terry Emery or George Swietson give them my regards, Andy Horlock obviously not Grendel!! 

• Was gutted for them.  I couldn't listen after the first goal.  I just had a gut feeling they were not going to pull a last minuter out of the hat this time.  Not a good result, but still the 11 people arrested for causing trouble were all Scummy fans so that was good.  OOps pardon my French - Newcastle fans.  I must be more polite....    We once watched a Derby MAtch in Tenerife (On sky).  There were more Sunderland supporters than  (spit) Newcastle ones.  we clapped Newcastle for their efforts, we were very sporting, the Newcastle fans were awful.  When Sunderland went one up one of the Newcastle fans threw a pint over a sunderland fan.   He wasn't doing anything, we were't gloating just trying to have a good time.   The bouncer threw him out.  I prefer them to draw really.  We have the Smoggies at Home this week I think.  That will be fun.  Quite a bit of rivalry there too. 

I like Fetch for the running log.  Its nice to be able to log my runs and know how far and roughly how fast to see if I am improving.  The girl I ran around Loftus with at Xmas told me to go look for her on there.  Thats how I got started.  I don't go on the Forums as much as on here.  I did join the GNr thread.  I am BAtmouse on there too (Original eh? but I think I'd lose track otherwise) 

Hope you had a good time Tweety.  Let us know how it went

Off to find something to nibble. 

Night

• i like the fetch running log as well.  i used it all the time for FLM last year.  using it now would probably just depress me but it might be a good idea to see how i am improving hopefully in the next few weeks.

running club was good.  we did laps of the rugby pitch as some of the faster runners wanted to do some speed work (not yet in my vocabulary) so we had an opportunity to run/walk (there were three newbies including myself.)  another group went up on some sort of cross country (?the chase grendel - do you know where i mean?).  because i am a bit in between walking and running at the moment, i was running by myself going round the track but as i got back to the start point, there were a couple of members waiting there to encourage you.  also had a nice chat with some other members before and after the run.  i'm going to go again next tuesday image

my legs hurt a bit today though!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I know the Chase well Tweety - have a photo from the Dagenham Post of me winning a fun run there in 1998 - a proud moment - the race organiser pointed me out at the start of the race and told everyone to follow me as I would probably win!!

Glad it went well - as BM has already said it has changed her running  for the better!

• Well done tweety.  Got my pier to pier number.  Got my XC commemorative hat. 

Going to get some food.  Am famished.  Just watched desperate Housewives....  Molly didn't go to bed until 10.00 too excited after a night with DAves Mum and Dad.  I think she has missed them and them her.....

Watching Heather Mills thing with interest at the moment. 

• commemorative hat?  that's a new one.  hope you're ok BM. i wanted to sort out some race entries this evening but by the time i got home from work, i had a migraine, so that put paid to anything constructive.
  • aw sorry to hear that Tweety.  Hope its a lot better.  Yep I have my Sunderland Strollers 2007/08 XC hat.  £4.00 and very wooly and warm.  I will see if I can find the piccie on the website. 

best go got the little one to collect from nursery and i am on foot both ways.  I miss the car!

• a bit better thanks not as bad.  off to bed soon - i'm parped.
  • How's everyone. 

Not managed to get near the computer properly for a few days.  Quickly checked mail and thats it.

HAs anyone heard from Big David or has he switched to Fetch....???

Carp weekend, but at least Sunderland won.  We stay up by the skin of our teeth.  wey hey!!!!

• That's not my quilt/bedspread.....

I dunno who it belongs to.  But that is the hat.  I ran 4 of the races so I can wear it with pride.  Plus its warm and it keeps the rain off. 

OH has got one as I had to buy another as he keeps nicking it. 

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
    Lovely hat BM  why the crap weekend?
  • Just the usual rows you know how it is!!!  Tired toddlers....   doesn't make for happy parenting....

Still had a wander around town today. (toddler free)  Had a rake in TK Maaxx for some shorts.  JJB in Town didn't have Much.  Got Mum tomorrow so G*d forbid I dare spend my money on anything as frivolous as  da da da (excerpt from tubular Bells or the Exorcist theme)   SHORTS!!!  Even though mine are going into holes after 10 years of use.  I may have a sneaky peek in JJb round the corner though on the wasy out from Aldi.  Then sneak back on Thursday....  Crafty or what????

Ah well bed calls..

• I am here!

I have not been on line for the last few days, busy doing other stuff, away from the pooter.

• <waves to members of pooh's corner>
  • Waves too. 

Running the pier to pier on Sunday.  Think of me.  Sorry have been up to my eyes in toddler.  The garden has beckoned for the few days of sunny weather.  This week have tried (And failed miserably) to do some tidying up of this house.  Unfortunately the garden has kept me busy. 

A lottery win to pay a cleaner would be nice. 

I still haven't bought myself any shorts either.

Ho hum  off to bed!!!  night all

(Turns off the light as she leaves the thread) 

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

HI BM, been up with Nathan last few nights as he has developed a really hacking cough, and I got kicked out of work yesterday afternoon because I was so rough, told to come back when I am better -

WIll take today off and have a long weekend although Michelle has made it clear it is not a holiday she will have a lie in whilst I do the house work!

• OH Grendel. Try get some rest too. 

Hope Nathan better soon.   Big kisses from Molly and me.   Molly just having nightmares again, but when she screams you would think she was being murdered.  She came in with us at about 4.00 this morning.  She fidgeted and tossed and turned.  Then she must have decided, the beds okay when Dad on nightshift.  Then said I am going back to my bed.  Theres no room.  Then she slept until 10.00.  I think we wore her out at the pool yesterday.  She was a bit apprehensive at first, but once she got going, she loved the water.  The new aquatic center is fab.  I am hoping to go swimming next week with and without Mol. 

Got notified by one of the nursery nursed (On the sly as they are not supposed to tell parents anymore) that one kiddie has got headlice.  Child been suspended until clear.  So had to get the bug buster comb out.  I have never had them so I dunno what I was looking for.  If we have got them can't see any evidence, but still want to scratch my head to bits. 

I have had to retire My canine running partner.  Whatever the ? cat did to her leg has ? caused osteoarthritis.  She is to have moderate exercise only.  No more running with me.  I am gutted.  Vet said exercise on a lead only, but she is a running dog.  The day she can't run and enjoy herself s the day I reluctantly say goodbye.  If she doesn't get to run a little off the lead, she pulls and cries.  Then she does 20 laps of the garden .  Would be more worried she hurt herself running around the garden than on the beach. Cried buckets when I got out of the vets.   

Well am off to bed.  Oh on a rare night out.  Dunno what time he is due in but I hope he can get the car out of the garage for me tomorrow.  I don't mind parking it, I just hate reversing the bloody thing out. 

• Wow what a race.  Stunning coastal scenery. It was fab.  7.5 miles in 1:08:04.  I loved every minute (Well the beach start and finish were a bit hard).  I came in 741 out of 876.  So I am pleased with that. 

am shattered now.  Going to have some supper and go to bed I think.  Have an early night. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend. 

Night

• wow, that sounds like a nice run BM.  i have my first race in AGES on 1st june and i have come down with a chesty cough and have lost my voice.  my head is killing me and i have to do shopping tonight.  ah well, i leave work soon.

why are they not meant to tell parents any more BM?  at mini's nursery, i think they just put up a notice saying they have had a case of headlice/measles/chicken pox etc and to be aware of the signs.  brings back memories of the old nit nurse at school........

• I haven't the foggiest Tweety.  This is Sunderland council who says we can't have snacks at the toddler groups any more.  If our children are hungry or thirsty we can give them snacks of our own bringing..  so you can imagine what snacks are appearing.  Whereas before it was fruit and cheese and crackers sort of thing.

The only picture where I am spoiling it.

http://www.sunderlandstrollers.co.uk/gallery/gallery2008/piertopier2008/pier0026.jpg

Get well soon tweety,  I am sure yo will be okay.  Hows the running club going??????

Molly just woke me up.  She is snuffly and grotty.  So have packed her into my bed.  Great.  I do not want another cold...... 

Ah well here goes.....

Was shattered today.  Took the dog for a gentle walk today to see how her leg holds up.  JUst got my number for Blaydon RAce on 9th June.  Going for a gentle jog today if Molly gets to nursery. 

• Did the club mile time trial in 8:14.  Which is just under a min faster than September.  I only have to Survive Raby on SUnday. 

Am shattered.  Molly had a few really bad nights.  She just started to twitter a bit as I was heading to bed.  Waiting to see if she wakes or not before I go to bed.  She slept with me last night as I didn't think she was ever going to go back to sleep.  MInd you she is loaded.  We didn't get to go swimming today which was a bit of a blow. 

Going to get my hair cut tomorrow yepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee its not been cut for 8 weeks I feel like a yeti! 

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
    Brilliant time BM - not far off my best mile time!!
  • Hi all, hope you are all well.

I haven't been posting much as I have been a bit tied up with my new job in Bristol, also the running has taken a bit of a back seat but I'm getting back into it now. I'm staying at my parents' place during the week, and I can tell you that Newport has more hills than Reading!

Cheers!

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Hi Tav - the hills will benefit training no end

How is the new job?

• Very good thanks. I'm getting a bit tired of staying away from my wife and daughter, though I am with my folks so it's not like I'm in a B&B. The way the housing market is, I think I'm going to have to get used to it as I'll be doing it for some months before we manage to sell our house and move. Can't really afford to take a hit on our house yet, not until we see the Newport prices descending anyway.

All in all, a bad time to be relocating!