Options

Saturday 15th

Morning all.

I'm hoping for another day of sunshine for the final Kent xc league of the season. It might be cold, but bright sky is so chearful at this time of year!

What: 5M xc
Why: I'm tuff!
Last rest: Yesterday
Last hard: Tue
:)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck today, runners :) Go, Big Tim!
  • Options
    LSD later today

Why: Need to get one 20k under my belt before Silverstone
    Last hard: last week - nast tummy bug since
  • Options
    LSD later today

Why: Need to get one 20k under my belt before Silverstone
    Last hard: last week - nasty tummy bug since
  • Options
    Oh! That doesn't work then!
  • Options
    Morning all

Stuck at work so run will have to wait till later

What:2-3m very easy
    Why: Running with a newbie & she doesn't think she can run that far (she will!!)
    Last Hard:Thurs
    Last Rest: Depends if you count yesterdays 5-a-side.

Good luck to all those running, especially those doing the Parbold Hill Race. Was going to go and do it but work calls!!
  • Options
    Morning,

Fantastic weather here, good luck in your xcountry Tim.

What: 4-5 miles recovery and agonising about Buttermere Round tomorrow.
    Why: LSD planned for tomorrow, just a matter of where. Weather forecast is beautiful though, and I have chance of running with WP! Full day out though, can I justify another day away at the weekend?? But it's half term next week and I've got half the week off to spend quality time with family. What to do...
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Thurs

Hope you all have the same sunshine on your long runs everyone, good luck with race Hilly.
  • Options
    Geeewwd Mornin!

bit of a sheet of ice/snow on the ground outside my house but is very sunny, so hopefully it'll thaw soon

What: 13.2miles with some 200m climbs
    Why: Building my distances up
    Last Hard: Thu
    Last Rest: Yesterday

Jonny
  • Options
    Hilly - didn't realise you were racing! Very best of luck :-))

Laura - I'm still agonising too! :) Not to worry, though. If we decide not to do it this time there'll still be lots of other chances to run together. Are you doing Coniston? (I am.)
  • Options
    What: Later on today it will be Static Bike for 40 minutes then swimming after up to 1km hopefully

Why: Triathlon training and my knee is a bit sore from Speed session on Thursday. No running as I want to run a Long Training run tomorrow to see if I'm shape for a Half Marathon soon.

Last Hard: Thursday

Last rest: yesterday
  • Options
    morning all

wrap up warm those going out - loads of frost despite the wall-to-wall sunshine

what: nothing once more
    why: throat once more. However, things seem to have loosened up & got a bit less painful overnight. Fingers crossed & hope the apogee has been passed....

last session: SUN
    no. of missed sessions 3 (4 after today)

good luck BT
  • Options
    Morning.

Very fresh out this morning here in Beckenham, but a nice bright morning at that.

What: 11-12km off road run ( 63 mins )with mega hill reps (HR avg 149-183 max )very tough, hard ground surface with frost and ice on ground.

Why: Wanted to get in a off road run in this week.

Last Hard: surprise surprise.........today

Last Rest: Wed and fri but due to being extreamly busy yesterday, so not really a rest day then!!!!!!

Good luck to runners over weekend, Go for it Tim and Hilly.

Bye
  • Options
    gym, speed sessions
    Cos i dont feel like a 7 miler in the cold, with my cold
    Long run tomorrow
  • Options
    Good luck with the racing.
    Today 6 miles @ marathon pace
    Why? Because I've noticed a pattern of trying to duck out of marathon paced runs.
    Last hard Thursday
    Last easy yesterday

Afraid it will be on the treadmill as I'm with the children- shame as it's lovely outside.
  • Options
    Morning!

Today: rest
    Why: 10 mile race tomorrow
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: Friday the week before

Good luck to all those running and racing this weekend.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Good luck racers.
    Beautiful sunshine this morning,early frost just beginning to melt,and the muddy fields were rock hard....

What : 4.5 miles off road
    Why : easy run ahead of tomorrows race

19.5 mile Meon Valley (Just N.of Portsmouth) tomorrow,on footpaths,track and field.Should be a good laugh and ideal preperation for next weeks Bramley 20 (to be run hopefully at mara pace : 2.25-2.27)
    Therefore I'm hoping to run steady tomorrow,which being both hilly and off road should be 10-15% slower.
    Aiming for 2:40-45,
    Chuffed : sub 2:40
    Pleased : 2:40-2:50
    Disappointed : 2:50-3:00
    Bad day at the office : 3:00++

Good luck all, racers,LSDers and other finely tuned athletes on these pages....
  • Options
    Afternoon all.

What: 8¼ miles hard. Very pleased because I ran really well and achieved a good time.
    Why: About time I did something tougher
    Last Rest: Tues
  • Options
    Wotcha.

What: Eating, resting, watching telly.
    Why: Racing 20K tomorrow.
    Hard: Depends.
    Rest: Yesterday.

Best of luck to the racing people, though they've probably finished by now!
  • Options
    What: gotta try and squeeze one in - short and to the point
    Why: recovery from yesterday's long, easy before tomorrow's hills
    Last hard: yesterday
  • Options
    What: 3 x 2 miles 90 sec recoveries 13.13, 13.20, 13.29. + 2.5 mile warm/cool down. Times a little off the mark.

Last: Thurs am 6 miles 39 mins then PM 5 miles incl 1 mile @ 6.04 and another at 6.30.

Next: 18 miles tomorrow.

I'm still getting used to scheduling training in now that i'm back at work. Unfortunately i missed my out on my other longish run.

Tim good luck today on the XC. I'm skipping my race today, just not "tuff enuff".

• Options
    tready
    6 miles with tempo runs (thats 9 kph, im soooo slow)
  • Options
    Hey all, was going to go looking at a new pair of trainers purely for running today (starting to think more seriously now) but gotten back too late :( will have to look juring the week

What : 2 slogs on the river approx 30 k of rowing
    Why : Usual saturday morning outings, 1st time in crew combinations
    Last Rest : Yesterday
    Last Hard : Would say wednesday but could have probably counted today.

• Options
    Best wishes, racers. Sounds like some good sessions have already been tucked away in log-books. Well, mine wasn't particularly good....

What: Walked to and from gym. BodyPump class (tried and failed to increase weight above 4kg each side for biceps - had to stop midway and take some weight off the bar), rather feeble effort on the stepper (196 flights in 35 minutes), and a slow 800m swim.
    Why: The session because it's what I do on a Saturday. The relatively poor quality because I hadn't eaten enough brekkie and my muscles were a bit tired.
    Last rest day: Yesterday.
    Last hard day: Wednesday.

Long run tomorrow - but the planned 14-mile run may be exchanged for an 18(ish)-mile fast hill walk if the weather remains good. Got to train for Trailwalker too, after all.
  • Options
    good luck Big Tim, Dustin and others.

what: 10M fartlek inc. 6 x 1K reps @ faster than 10K pace and 1M @ marathon pace
    why: 3rd speed session of the week
    last rest: a week ago
    last hard day: Thursday

keep up the good work, super-cool getting-faster-all-the-time hippo ;-)
  • Options
    Greetings all

what: nothing
    why: cos it's Saturday and Saturday is rest day - hubby's even taken taken the dogs out this afternoon so I don't have to do that.
    last hard: yesterday
    last easy: Thursday

Thighs a bit sore after yesterday's 8 miler for some reason. Hopefully they'll have recovered for tomorrows combined 16mile LSD/10krace.

Happy running
  • Options
    Afternoon All

What: 8 Miles on the treadmill in an hour
    Why: Because I wimped out of going out for my 13 miler today, due to being to tired and it being bloody freezing here.

Last rest: Thursday
    Last hard: Last Saturday
    Last Long: Last saturday
  • Options
    Afternoon everyone!

What: 8mi @ marathon pace
    Why: schedule - but it was such a lovely morning it felt really good
    Last hard: Tues
    Last rest: yesterday
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all!

Hope you had a good race Big Tim!

Good luck to all other racers this weekend and thanks for well wishes for my race tomorrow!

What: nothing
    Why: had to go for OU tutorial at Southampton and then watch youngest son play football also in Southampton. Did manage 5 miles last night, which was supposed to be done today.
    Last hard:Tuesday
    Last rest: today.

WP-is everything ok now with the injury?
  • Options
    What; Nothing again
    Why; My knee/calf is still giving me cause for concern
    Last hard; X Country last Sunday
    Last rest; Thurs Fri Sat

Am going to Sidcup tomorrow ready to run But if I get any pain in the warmup I will pull out
  • Options
    hilly - best of luck for tomorrow.