East Retford RC Half-Marathon

2»

Comments

• Does anyone know if the results will be posted on the website?
  • Helen, if you were the one in Barrow Runners top, then I remember seeing you. I was the one in the green Lincoln and District Runners vest, with glasses.
  • Enjoyed the race again - very friendly, excellent organisation and a good course. Congratulations to all at Retford RU and AC for an impressive event.
  • bit more undulating than i thought, was OK up to about 9, on for a PB of 1.49 but then slowed up badly and came in at 1.53.50
    did'nt overtake anyone in lasy few miles but think I may have seen you Rickster - I was the only one in a Belper Harriers vest
  • R - yes, I vagually remember a green lincoln shirt, did I pass you on that last bit?
    Are you doing the ducks and drakes?
    am trying to work out what to do next. Am planning on doing the seagrave challenge in nov which is 15.7 X crountry so need to concentrate on increasing my milage. Also need to be careful not to overdo it with races as I have been injured twice in the last year.
    Phil - I was prob about 2 mins behind you all the way, I was well ahead up to 9 miles (I had the virtual partner on on my gps!!)but then lost my gain from about 9 miles to the end, picked it up a little in the last mile. still got a pb so very happy but at 9 miles was on course for really smashing the pb
  • There was a lot of ambulance/police action yesterday - was everyone ok?

Hellen - how does the virtual partner work?
  • The VP is brilliant.
    you tell it how far you are going and what pace you want to do or what time you want to do. As you are running you get a little picture on the screen of two people, one is you the other the partner. It tells you on the screen as well how far ahead or behind you are of your target at any time. The best I managed was 0.12miles ahead but then I gradually lost it. It really helps as you can see when you are slowing down. At one point I was behind some people keeping the distance between me and them constant, I assumed they were running at an even pace but they wernt, I noticed I was loosing my lead so had to overtake them otherwise I would probably continue loosing my lead and I didnt want the parner to beat me!!!
    This facility is on all models of the garmin, I wouldnt be without mine now - have just upgraded my 101 to a 305, the 101 is fine but the 305 is even better and I had some money for my birthday which needed spending!!!
  • My first Retford Half and amazed at time of 1h:36min 8secs... a new PB by over 6 minutes & 11 minutes improvement on my last half marathon in 2005 [Worksop]

Great course & well organised.
  • Very well organised and the Marshals were very good and gave lots of encouragement.
    For me though i felt the run was uninspiring and bleak, it could be due to the fact that i didn't have a great day but i felt the long stretches of road were soul destroying - it felt like one of my long solo training runs.
  • I know what you mean bunts, must admit, I just put my music on and dont take a lot of notice of my surroundings!!
    well done paddy, that is a lot to take off a PB especially when you are already fast, jsut think of your potential if you keep on improving
  • Hellen - i don't run with music on as a safety issue (hearing traffic, muggers etc!), but in hindsight yesterday i should have been prepared to take the risk!
  • Its the first time I have trained for the distance in 9 years so expected to get close to 1:42, was very happy seeing the finish line !
    I hope I can sustain this pace for the Workops half at the end of October as this was when I expected to beat my OLD PB !
  • anyone know when the results will be up?
  • I too would like to know when the results will appear - so if anyone does know?
  • i'm getting east retford's local newspaper from my auntie on sat, so I will be able to tell you then, but I would also like to know if they are going to be up on the website
  • Results have now been compiled and have been sent to our web manager of www.retfordac.co.uk and also to the John Schofield site www.ukresults.net
    Hope you all enjoyed the day. Sorry I was let down by the `sports massage` people who told me 3 days before event they were not coming and also the caterers who we have used before, still don`t know why they didn`t turn up.
  • not your fault derek.
    must admit I was dissapointed not to beable to get a massage afterwards, could really have done with it.
    Everyone is better off without bacon butties so prob a good thing they didnt come!!!
  • results available as a pdf at www.retfordac.co.uk or in sortable/filtered html format at [www.ukresults.net/2006/eastretford.html
  • Looking forward to doing this race as not done this particular Half Marathon before. Last year I done Grantham Half which was one tough cookie and from comments I  suspect this course isn't going to be quite as demanding as Grantham was.

Mid-way through London Marathon Training so hoping to have a good strong run.