Options

Message fro Plodding Hippo

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    Happy New Year Hipps image
  • Options
    PH- Fantastic progress in the last year! I think you're realising just how good you could be.

Your further times are also fantastic- how you're running closer and closer to 4 hours for a marathon without having gone a huge amount under 60 minutes for 10k is boggling.

For what it's worth at my jogging group there are a number of blokes there and one of the fastest is a 42 minute or so 10k guy. His best marathon is barely under 4 hours despite a large number of trys.

Hope you cna convince yourself to do some shorter races as I think you'll find even if you don't necessarily enjoy them as much they'll greatly help you in your longer running and provide a nice break!

Keep up the great work- has been a real pleasure seeing over the last few years how you've kept on getting faster and faster and a real inspiration to those who think "I'm not fast enough".

Fellow 60+ minute 10k runner now sub 60 image.
  • Options

Good Morning All

Can someone clear this mess up please.I running a Marathon on my own on Keep Right for safety going and comeing back on the left end side.But these days some organiser's say keep left but surely you won't see the cars behind you its similar like Isle of Wright at The Needles.We running on the left and cars will over take up from behind we won't see.Can ATHLETICS look into it.Its more Safety these days?image

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

The highway code suggests that large groups - probably of walkers, but runners count as well I guess - should travel on the left side of the road. (Roads wheren't built for cars originally, there where't any).

"Organised walks. Large groups of people walking together should use a pavement if available; if one is not, they should keep to the left. Look-outs should be positioned at the front and back of the group, and they should wear fluorescent clothes in daylight and reflective clothes in the dark. At night, the look-out in front should show a white light and the one at the back a red light. People on the outside of large groups should also carry lights and wear reflective clothing."

Highway code

• Options

oh gosh

hello

i have been wondering about the side of the road thing too-thanks Bikermouse

To update, i am doing some shorter races(though passed my 100th martathon recently), and now have a new 10k pb of 53.40, a 10 mile pb of 1.27 and a 5k pb of 25.19

• Options
    slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    You've done brilliantly Hipps.  I don't think I could keep up with you any more - next time I see you at a race, I'll just have to hang on to the back of your t-shirt!
  • Options

My last marathon took 5.5 hours sho

• Options
    That one was flat as well! image
  • Options

yeah, it was easy

so why are my quads STILL a abit tight a week later

• Options
    Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭
    I wondered about your 10k times. Last 5k I did I set off way too slowly, totally messed up my timing and couldn't sort my pace out. Why? been doing to much marathon and half marathon training. I don't think it makes any difference to how knackered you feel at the end of the run either. I just think that different distances need different trainig and most of us mere mortals can't do it all at the same time.
  • Options

I hate 5ks, they hurt

only done about four of them

• Options
    I agree! I don't like 10kms too much either, they're too short and too fast. My favourite distance was always 25km until it got dropped from the "official" distances.
  • Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Plodding Hippo is now Flying Hippo?