Wednesday session

Going to the local running club... after taking the kids swimming.

Comments

• Barkles - Fantastic !!!

Hope all goes well for you.
  • What: swimming lessons
    Why: Improve breathing and technique
    Hope it will make swimming less hard work.
  • What: intervals
    Why: 1/2 marathon schedule
    Last run: Monday
    Last rest: yesterday

Horrible. I've lost the faith that I can do the time I'm aiming for.

Swimming lessons sound cool though - I'm one of those people that can only do breast stroke.
  • What: 7.5 mile club run
    Why: Club night and training for GSR
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Yesterday
  • You're welcome barkles - good luck at the running club.

Last night's run was one of those fantastic floating on air sessions. I ran my hilly course which totals between 7-8 miles, first 4 uphill. Felt really strong on the uphill section so pushed hard, just as I came to the top (where I usually slow to rest) another runner was coming down the downhill path that joins with my route. So I accelerated over the top and sped of into the distance. I then ran the rest of the way home without slowing. Best of all I really felt like my knee was a lot lot better.

Today: Probably cross train but may also throw in a short run.
    Why: Cross training seems to be doing some good but now my knee seems to be improving I want to get some more running in.
    Since hard: Yesterday
    Since rest: 5
  • What: second rest day
    Why: recovery
    Last Hard: Monday
    Last Rest: Yesterday
  • What : probably ca 90 mins @ aspirant 1/2 M pace.

why:back from hols involving only a "maintenance regime" ie Red wine substituted for 50% of normal training so tonite needs to be a good long session

wow hasn't the forum acquired a lot of new members and faces. still trying to work out how to get ernie wise's legs to appear, a current photo isn't easy to get!! I will not be beaten!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Schedule a bit wayward this week due to
    - Legoland yesterday
    - Tiny D 1st Birthday on Saturday
    - Mrs D in Flora Light on Sunday

So after Mondays recovery and yesterday at legoland (does that count as a rest with two kids?) then today I will do an 8 mile tempo at HalfM pace rather than midweek long run so around 7m10 miling.
    For the rest of the week I'll have to 'suck it and see' although I may do the long run on Saturday. I've found getting out by 6am and being back in by 8am works for me.
    I get the run out of the way and leaves me energised for the day ahead not worrying about when I'm going to get my run in.
    Also the weather is lovely first thing and traffic is virtually nil.

Does junior D really start school a week today ? Yippeeeeeee....
  • Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭
    What: swim if I have time
    Why: need to rest after a really good, hard run yesterday with the club. Supposed to be 4.5 miles but Ash measured it and it was nearer to 6!
    Last hard day: yesterday
    Last rest day: monday
  • Morning all

What: Swim – Drills and a couple of sprints
    Why : I got my dew TYR Aquafoil swimming float in the post this morning and I want to try it out – and its part of my race prep for this weekend

Last Hard Day : Last Night – 6-mile tempo run with sprints
    Last Rest Day : Monday

Will
  • what: 6th Wirral Seaside 5K
    why: cos it's there, taking place about 3 miles away
    last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: Mon
  • What - steady 1.5 @ 8:45/mile, harder 1.5 @ 8:00 or slightky under - depending on how I feel as I have a terrible hang over today.

why - only trying to build an endurance base and loose weight before starting a race build up but a little bit of faster running keeps the interest up.

last hard - Sunday
    last rest yesterday
  • Good luck with the race Mike, look forward to reading the report tomorrow - I'm still toying with the idea of running a half this weekend.

Training supplement - my RHR has dropped this week from 42-43 to 40. Not a lot of people know that.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    What: already been out early for 10 miles easy. Will also go for a swim at lunchtime.
    Why: the sun was shining and I just felt like running. The swim is training for triathlon.
    Last hard day: last night did 9 miles hilly off road club session-good pace.
    Last rest day: Saturday
  • Morning. Just back from a sunny weekend in Cornwall where I maged to fit in a couple of decent longish bike rides, as well as the continuing marathon build-up.

What:
    AM - Swim 2100, perfecting my tumble-turns so will now spend the rest of the day with a storming headache due the volume of water taken in through my nose :o(
    PM - Run 9 miles steady
    Why - 2 weeks on Sunday till Nottingham
    Days since last hard - Yesterday
    Days since last easy - Friday

Gareth
  • Greetings,
    I'm looking forward to the Robin Hood also Gareth, but just the half for me, :-)

What: 21 mile bike
    Why: It's perfect cycling weather here in Notts, no wind and nice and warm.
    Last hard run: Yesterday
    Last rest day: Monday

Had great fun on my bike, quiet out, not much traffic and managed to ride a 20.4 mph average (aided by a 2 mile draft behind a tractor half way through the ride).

mm
  • Ironman,
    arguably you could have found a less unfortunate way of telling us when your last intense training day was ;-)
    I have nearly typed something like this myself once or twice I must admit.
  • What a great day for running - somehow makes you lighter on your feet! Good luck with the 5K, Mike!

What: 13 miles steady
    Why: midweek long run
    Last hard day: yesterday, mile intervals
    Last rest day: last Monday

s.
  • Training has been rather disjointed over the last few days as having a nightmare at work...however managed to get out for 10 miles easy on Sun morning with friends which was brilliant!
    Today -my version of interval training (on treadmill) warm-up then 4x800m with 2-3mins recovery
    why: trying to increase my basic speed
    last hard day: today
    Last rest day: yesterday
  • Mike, had to re-read Ironman's post twice to see what you were getting at. I've led a sheltered life!

What: favourite local offroad 5-7 miles at steady pace.
    Why: Reasonably hard tempo run yesterday, in fact set a PB on my way around.

Last hard day: yesterday
    Last rest: Mon
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Yes, it took me a couple of minutes too. Must be more innocent minded than I thought ;-)

What: Sauna/Jacuzzi.

Why: Still recovering from Monday night's bike crash.

The pain in my legs is now localised to the bruises and only hurts when I poke them (I know - but you have to check, don't you?). I can now lift my left arm, which yesterday was a challenge (looked very funny trying to get a sandwich off the top shelf in M&S at lunchtime) but it's still too stiff to attempt a swim. Hopefully the heat in the sauna will help enough to allow a reasonable run tomorrow, to check out whether Sunday's 10k is still a go-er.

Last Hard: Sunday's triathlon (or Monday's tarmac :-))
    Last Rest: Yesterday
  • What: 3.5 hilly miles in less than 30mins
    Why: Strength and speed (it works for me)
    Last hard run: Sunday
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Nessie - I read in the Sunday Times sports that the England rugby team go it a cold freezer to treat the bangs and bruises and let them get back to training - just a thought
  • sorry thats - go into a cold storage freezer
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that (I think!) They're welcome to it. It may take me longer to recover, but I'd prefer a sauna to a freezer any day.

Anyway, they get paid to play, don't they?.
  • What: unspectacular 6 miler

Why: just needed to get moving!

Last hard day: Sunday

Last rest: yesterday.

Nessie, I hope you are mending well! I don't know about Mij's freezer idea, though!

DC