Rotary Shakespeare Marathon 2007

1373839404143»

Comments

• I also look in pain. Or it could also be concentration. no, wait, it was definitely pain.
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    I look like I am fat, old and in pain. And in reality I am a bit overweight at the moment, 37 and wasn't in pain. B***** race photos!!! Still at least they've given me a laugh on an otherwise rather dull Tuesday morning morning!
  • Congratulations to the organisers on a great day out. The wife and I came up from Kent (where I am County Road Running Secretary) for the full marathon and a change of scene. Thoroughly enjoyed the scenery, the atmosphere and the support (the only full marathon still going in Kent gets a field of less than 200). Drink stations were remarkably frequent - traffic control was exceptional. The dreaded Rumor Hill wasn't all that bad and the Greenway was, at least flat and cool for the last 6 miles. Only thing that was lacking was my training - if I'm ever tempted to run the 26.2 again I wouldn't mind coming to Stratford again and be better prepared.
  • When I go onto marathon photos website the only shakespeare ones are 2006 - what the hell am I doing wrong?
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
    On the left hand side there is a part where it says highlights from races or you can get to it by the drop down box on the right hand side near the top.

I'm not listed on any photos, however when I spoke to them today they said that they were putting up the unidentifiable runners tonight.
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    HY4- It's OK Soph has sorted JB out on the other thread so she's happy now!
  • I also can't find the 2007 pictures :-(

Can somebody put a link up straight to the 2007 pictures!!
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    WWN- There's a link on the Half marathon thread that Soph posted. Try that. I'm rubbish on computers so I can't help- sorry!

Everyone hates their photos anyway for some reason so it's best not to look!
  • I better try again then. I could only find last years!
  • Nope still no luck on finding the 2007 event - Help me please!!!!!! Anybody!!
  • Benj

It's all there mate

Just click on Shakes marathyon

go to site and click event

I've just done it !!

And thats a miracle
  • Thanks Mick but still no joy.
    It should be under Benjamin Rollins
    Number 2724
    If anyone can locate the marathon 2007 for me I'd be chuffed! lol I can only find 2006. When anyone gets the pictures can they copy and paste from the top bar so I can go straight to it! I must be having problems unless it has been taken off to be updated!!
  • I have found it. It is on the Global-Pix site not the marathon-photo site as stated!

Here is a link I found for others having the same problem. Just copy and paste! lol

http://www1.global-pix.com/cgi-bin/masterpage?function=framebody§ion=photos&job=Sports%2FCPUK%2F2007%20Sports%2FShakespeare%20Marathon&lang=eng
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
    doh!

Thought that would take you directly to the photo!

I've clicked on the recent highlights and got it that way.
  • Just wanted to say that I thought this was a great race, well organised and well-supported - I think we'd consider doing this one again, the course was a good one, although things did go a bit wrong for us .... the other 'arf (Helen) had to pull out at 13 miles with a seriously poorly tummy (lots of tears about that, she's not a happy bunny) and the dreaded cramp hit me at 16 miles, couldn't shake it off and as a result it was baby steps only for the next 10 miles, in the end I was lucky to come in at 4.09. Bugger. Quads are killing me today, serves me right for carrying on I suppose ....

Nice to meet some of you - particularly Runner Bean (congrats again on the PB - outstanding) and Morticia who so gracefully swept by me at about 22 miles. You looked like you were enjoying it!!

See you all next time!!

NE
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    NE- That's a shame- both of you having a rotten race. I am very impressed that you kept going though- you are a very determined marathon runner it would seem! I looked happy because I saw you on the Greenway and I am apparently the Greenway's no.1 fan! Hope Helen is feeling a bit happier now.
  • AeschylusAeschylus ✭✭✭
    NE, great to meet you both. I felt so gutted for you both after the race. I know how I'd have felt. Give your quads a week or two off and then both do a race soon, and make it a good one!!!

Morticia, what's your race number? I want to see pictures of you smiling on the Greenway!!

There are two photos of me, one really early on, and one at the end. I look as though I've aged about 20 years between the two shots!! (#1157)
  • AeschylusAeschylus ✭✭✭
    WWN, just had a glance at your photos......you look as though you have far too much energy left!! :-)
  • Runner-Bean I felt really good in the last 5 miles for some strange reason!
    Well done on your time. My legs feel good but I have a small problem with my right ankle from pushing too hard in the last few miles.
  • I have one photo where I'm not pulling too stupid a face. I assume my face was in transition from one grimace to another. I also seem to have one where I have miraculously transformed into someone else entirely. Bib# 2472. Very odd.
  • This was my first marathon ever. The organisation is excellent and support around the course is good, although mostly on the first lap.

There is one nasty hill and steep decent that really hurts the 2nd lap.

The worst bit is the off-road gravel footpath on the disused railtrack. Maybe it's my technique but I had the impression that I was treading water on it. At the end of the first lap, the 2 miles on the footpath were almost 1 minute slower per mile than the first 3 miles of the second lap (on tarmac).

It's worse in the second lap, because you have almost 5 miles on that surface (and you're knackered :-))

Not good for a PB, I guess...