Options

Tatton Park Cancer Research UK 10K

Comments

• Options
    oh dear Simon.. i hope i havent ruined mine they cost me 95 only a few weeks ago ... but cdnt hv worn them as they were
  • Options
    HP - i regularly wash my others in the washer - and they are alright but didnt want to risk it.

washed em with cold water in the sink and they just look grey not white?

i struggle with my lower legs so im not bothered what they look like so long as the cushioning still there.

let me know how they feel...

might wash them after next sundays GNR as that was the main reason i bought some so expensive... though not £95... money bags
  • Options
    Well, that was fun!

Well done to everyone for not drowning in mud. You had to love those "hazard area" signs.

Please let me know if you think my trainers will survive the washing machine?
  • Options
    I enjoyed myself yesterday and mangaged my now fairly standard sub 70! I even managed a fastish finish (after the slippery bits). The weather brings out my sense of humour and I actually enjoyed going through the mud.

It was scenic and I did manage to have a look about. I really enjoyed going through the trees in the thunder - much more exciting that trotting through the streets of Manchester!

I will definitely do this again next year.

I was in a turquoise t-shirt - guess no-one saw me!!
  • Options
    Hi HP! I saw you cos I almost tapped you on the shoulder to say I really liked your top! Do you have long dark hair in a pony tail? You did well, so congratulate yourself. Better not to put trainers in washing machine. I just dunk mine in water and dry them off. Muddy trainers are cool!

Pleased you saw me, Simon! I should have added that I am a fairly tall female with red hair in a pony tail and very small running shorts!! Oh, and my running gait leaves a lot to be desired!
  • Options
    Does anyone know iof the results are available on-line?
  • Options
    No official times Maxpower so there will be no results recorded anywhere. Big shame!

As for putting trainers in the wash - EEEKKK! I've been told by my running shop (and the manufacturers) never ever to do this as it ruins the cushioning.

Mine are an absolute state but I've packed them with newspaper to keep their shape and dry out and then will brush and wipe them down.

Well done to everyones times! Did anyone on here break the 50 mins?

I can't believe someone managed it in 34 mins in those conditions!
  • Options
    PS. Did anyone else notice the problem with the 2km marker? There was NO WAY it was at 2km.. more like 2.5kms.

I hit the 1km at 5:25 and despite speeding up considerably didn't reach 2km until 13:16 (nearly 8 mins?).. then miraculously got to 3km at about 16:45 (3.5 mins?).

So unless I'm much mistaken there was a big problem with the markers early on.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed that..

• Options
    I noticed the markers seemed to be wrong.

I'm pretty slow but thought that the second km took me a lot longer than I thought then I seemed to find the 3km one really quickly.

Given that my pace was my usual standard all the way round I'm sure they were wrong. I didn't really mind though as it made me feel really speedy from 2 to 3. I wondered if a couple of others were a bit out too (but it didn't bother me).
  • Options
    Natsospeedy - For sure - I hit 2km in 12.15 then , without speeding up I hit 3km in 15.40 - nor right. Mind you with all the weaving around puddles and trees I lost count eventually.
  • Options
    Yes that was me Speedy (long hair in pony) is nice to think you saw me :-)

Well my trainers were washed yesterday in 40 degree cycle. They look new again but I guess i'll have to wait a few days for them to dry out to see if they'll be ok. Hope I haven't just waisted lots of money.

Any hey SL am not a money bags, lol. There is only one running shop where i live and I was given a choice of 2 shoes that she thought would be good for me (although she didnt watch me run on a machine or anything like that) and the others were 115... so in fact was being q frugal!!! Am also doing the GNR - I think i must be completely mad and am already feeling q sick at the thought.
  • Options
    hi HP - didnt have chance to ring them at the shop - i washed mine in cold water in the sink and they seem ok too.

looking forward to GNR 1;59:59 uninjured my target, whats yours?

anybody else doing the GNR on sunday?
  • Options
    and thats if i'm lucky w the wind behind me... alternatively i may just be carted off by st johns
  • Options
    speedy13 - was it the hat or was it those short shorts - hmmm?

HP - 3hrs - its a heck ofa long time - 10/10 for effort - im sure you'll enjoy it more than i will.

i've set myself upset for disappointment <2hrs - its gonna be head down and go - im so competitive i cant just run and enjoy it ive got to get there.

i was a tad jealous when i read someone saw deer and enjoyed the view - i was just searching for the finish line.

the finish line i didnt see any spectators nor pay any attention its just heads down and get there.

• Options
    regarding the marker i thought between 5k and 7k was fast so they were probably out also.

nevertheless we all did it.

kit is washed and ready for my recovery run on weds 5 mile pencilled in and then a taper 3 mile on friday for prep for sundays GNR.

knees and ankles are stiff today what about anybodyelse?

muudy shoes are cool arent they..... white shoes for beginners hey !!
  • Options
    nope not hurting in the least not even a twinge... maybe i don't try hard enough???
  • Options
    hp - look out for me at the GNR number 45283 in a gorgeous green CAFOD charity vest.

anybodyelse up for GNR ? other than me and HP

natso ? speedy ? hejira ?

roped in a couple of mates for the hellrunner - saab salomon on 29/10 looks awesome
  • Options
    I really wish I'd said 'hello' HP - I was very close to doing so about the 7-8k mark!!

SL I did enjoy the view - Stags in the trees, dinghies on the lake, a string quartet - surreal! I'm doing Cancer Research 10k at Powis Castle on 8th Oct with my sister and the Southport Natterjack 10k on 22nd Oct. Tempted by Hellrunner at Delamere cos its close to home.I'll have to check out the date, distance etc.....

I have discovered that I love racing, the craic, the whole thing. I'm hooked!! I'll leave the GNR for next year when I have more experience!
  • Options
    Speedy i might do the southport one as is on my doorstep... just need to make sure dont already hv plans for that weekend
  • Options
    NO GNR for me.. a weekend of friends visiting and thought it might be considered rude to leave them here while I hot foot it off to a race! Though.. I did consider it! ;o)

I'm doing the Congleton Half on the 8th anyway and a local 7 miler on the 15th.. so that's enough racing for me for Oct!

Did a very slow 3-mile plod last night and legs felt v heavy.. and a club session tonight.. which I think will be efforts! Eek!

• Options
    HP, if you do, wear the same top and I'll do the same. Maybe we'll get to say 'hello' this time! There are some serious runners in this one - Sprinting Toffee says he's doing that one, I think( see Antrobus thread!). It'll be great fun! I'm doing it cos my in-laws live nearby, and I hope to run a PB!After a while you start to get to see familiar faces at the local races, you get to spot the elite runners, and you get to say 'hello' to people you've raced with closely before. I love all that!
  • Options
    I'm not doing GNR - have tried a 1/2 once and that will do me i think.

I've done a few 10ks now and have decided that I'm happy at that distance and would like to concentrate on doing them more comfortably than increasing the distance.

However I shall be glued to my telly watching the GNR and then be all inspired and go for a run later (once I've got rid of the mud in my running shoes - I decided on the dry them out and brush them technique!).

Good luck on Sunday Simon!

I might think about Southport but I find 'serious' races very frightening!
  • Options
    Hejira, I think there should be a healthy mix of abilities at this one, and at least it must be fairly flat. I'm in it, so at least you know you definitely won't come last!!

Good luck from me too on Sunday SL - let us know how you do!
  • Options
    Hi Heiira - is Southport a serious one :-) well if it is don't worry coz i'll be doing it - so will see you there Speedy. I checked today and am not doing anything that weekend and am trying to fit in some exercise each weekend before my holiday.

I'll look out for you on Sunday Simon and if u see a 5'2" woman in a Mr Man vest top either looking sick with worry at the beginning or about to drop dead a bit further on it may be me.
  • Options
    Good luck to you too on Sunday HP - Glad you are doing Southport - I'm really looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Thanks for the support folks - im getting really excited now - i woke up this morning in a daze - first thought was ***t its sunday morn todays the day - am i late - arrrghhh.

oh no its tuesday - work.....

im recovered from tatton and my running kit is now freshly washed and dryed for a 5 miler tomorrow lunch.

ive bookmarked southport - hope there another towel as momento or something better - although i do like running tshirts - sad-oh

i too like speedy am getting hooked - im hooked on this website too - ive got one eye on LOST and one eye typing....

heres a link to a real challenge www.toughguy.co.uk its £63 if you sign up before 1/10 its looks tough... and thats why im going to the saab salomon as a warm up

complete hooked on pain arent we - the great outdoors.

anybodyelse fancy it?
  • Options
    I hope that your taper goes well this week, SL. I've decided not to do more than 10k races this year, so not doing Delamere after all. But I'm going to build up to a half marathon next year and see what happens! That is, unless I change my mind!!
  • Options
    Hi Simon, I have a HRM, but mine is a fairly cheap one (bought it when I first started running), and was thinking or buying a better one. Does the Polar F5 give you continous reading? How does it work?