Anyone doing the Richmond Park run on Sunday?

JezJez ✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone else is planning to do this run on Sunday 23rd? If so, are you going to aim for a fast group and try and hang on the grim death i.e. race pace or faster, or stick with the 30 secs per mile below race pace idea?

Comments

• I'm running on Sunday and plan to treat is as a race pace run. The RW schedule recommends a 17 mile, slow run as the long run for the week though but I'm going to do it at my race pace.

It is a bit daft that RW organise a training run out of synch with the schedules they publish!

Also, you'll notice that the pacers will not be doing race pace. If you want to do race pace, join the next fastest group up.
  • JezJez ✭✭✭
    Had a thought about which group to join. The pacers will be holding lollipops with their target pace on - BUT is the the target pace for the race, i.e. the pace they'll be running 30 secs per mile slower than, or is it the pace they'll be running on Sunday !?! It really is a rhetorical question - I'll find out when I get there, and save us some typing !
  • Jez, there is a page on the site under the 'Events' bit explaining what pace the pacers will be running at. It mentions there that it is there intention to treat it as a training run, which I guess means treating it as a slow run, typically at 30 secs slower than the race pace for the lollipops the pacers will be holding.

If I could figure out how to put a link in, I'd steer you in the right direction!

See you there!
  • Batfink - maybe you could advise me...?

I'm aiming for the 3:45 group, but have just had a successful 10K and got well within the target time on the RW schedule. I'm not sure whether to try this one at race pace in the 3:30 group or stick with my original plan. I've never done a proper timed long run because I always have to carry a big backpack for work afterwards, so I'm not really sure of what pace I can manage unhindered. Am I being unrealistic to try a 15M race pace run?

Cheers,

F.
  • annajoannajo ✭✭✭
    freakette, wicked picture!
  • Freakette,

I'd say set off with the race pace group, ie the 3:30 group. It would be a good gauge of how well your long runs have progressed compared to your 10k time (well done btw!).

I'm kind of in the same boat - I walloped by 10k PB a few weeks ago and have upped my sights in terms of the marathon time I was hoping for. Look at it this way, if you can handle 15miles at race pace, carrying bags/ water, with 7 weeks still to go, you'll be well set for race day.

If it is a bit much to take on Sunday, hang back for the next pacing group and see how you go with them.

See you there.

the bat