8 or more training days in a week

Having just read an artical on ways to train, I was wondering how may people use the following to achieve there best results.

I like most others train from monday to sunday, sunday being my longest running day, monday then becomes either recovery or rest days.

Paula Radcliffe has a 8 day training programme, runs hard for 7 days and takes the 8th day as rest, and starts all over again.

Ive also read that 21 day programme is helpful as you get all the training done in that period of time, speedwork, hills, tempo, long runs and strengh training, the 3 weeks increase week by week and then the 4th week you use as a recovery week but still training, then the 3 weeks start again.

The reason im asking is that I do find it hard to put all the sessions into one week, and sometimes I end up missing quality runs.

Is there anyone who does a programme that go's beyond a normal 7 day week.

Thanks.

Comments

• Well I was thinking of alternating my speed work that I am just beginning so that I maybe do hills one week, 4 x 800 the next, 8 x 400 the next etc and do in a pattern. No scientific reason for this - just wasn't sure what was best! Dont know if this is sort of what you mean?