for all new runners .....

Comments

• Trigger    if you had the PS3 less than a year the warranty should still be valid ....hope that helps.

Not been on RW forums much last 7 days to embaressed as i have not run even 1 mile...image

soo i,m going on a run tonight...  gonna run till i bloody well start enjoying it again,put on 5 pounds....

see every 1 here is having same problems with wind rain hail snow the lot   ...dark nights

laters at work ..

• Thanks penguin but it's older than that so no luck there.  At the mo he's looking at tutorials on you tube and thinks that my OH might be able to help him fix it.  If he can get it working again then maybe we can renew the insurance.  If it looks too complicated then we'll probably have to take it back to GAME and see if they've got a repair service.  And then there's Christmas.............................. BAH!

Am happy that my pf seems to be no worse than it was and certainly not as painful as after Stevenage HM so hopefully if I take it easy might be able to work through it?  Fingers crossed.  Will probably give the treadie a try tonight and then rest until Saturday.

Anyone going to the London Running Show this weekend?

• Hope you're on the mend trigger - being sensible to take it bit by bit!

I'd be absolutely rubbish if my wife was a baker - bad enough married to a teacher - though she does make some lovely food!

Didn't get into the super six, but it's been a real cool experience and now have a RW subscription, free Lucozade stuff a half marathon entry and best of all lots of new people (to me) to chat to!!!

Not going to the running show - you going trigger?

3 mile run tonight - up and down streets of bargoed - pleased to have averaged 6 min kms on a hillier route than I normally do! Hope I can keep that up for 10kms in the Cotswolds on Sunday.

See you tomorrow I guess since bed soon!

• Bad luck BB but you've done well with the freebies.  Am still very aware that pf isn't quite right but as I walk a mile each way to school every day it could take some time to heal even without running.  Have got a ticket for the running show - going along to see how much advice I can pick up and what sort of freebies there are!  Will let you know how it was on Monday!  Are you racing in the Cotswolds on Sunday?
  • Hiya trigger ... did race at the Cotswolds ... the hills were great going down but harder going up! Nothing mad - well the steepest one did go on for about a kilometre, and there were two others not quite as steep that lasted for half a km and 1.3 respectively. So while the first half of the race was probably the fastest I've run at a 10k, the second half was more of a slog! Missed my pb by 28 seconds ... (completed in 60.34) - would have liked to break the hour mark for the first time, but it wasnt to be this time.

How did you enjoy the running show? What did you get out of it (info, advice and/or freebies!)

• Hi BB well done on your run,thats a realy good time.

I had a couple of good runs last week but went out today and realy struggled,I think my legs were just too cold,I realy need to warm them up properly. Boxercise tonight and been good with food,I realy want to do a good time in the Kilomathon.

Hi to everyone else hope you are all ok.

• Hi BB.  TBH Running Show was bit of a loss.  Didn't pick up any freebies and the "theatres" were in two corners of the floor.  It was in the basement of Olympia 2 so the venue didn't lend much either.  Not somewhere I'd bother going again.  Will wait for VLM Expo and bunk in there - much more going on!

Well done on the race - 28 seconds is nothing really!

Hope everyone is well.

• Hi all, sorry I've not been around for a while. Talking mojo left me a bit, but the running mojo hasn't image

Did a 15.7 mile cross country race a few weeks ago called the Seagrave Challenge. It was the furthest that I've ever run and my 1st proper XC, but I loved it. Ran as part of a group from the club and it was a run/walk event, so there were rest stops WITH CAKES image Our "cake stoppage" time worked out to be 29 minutes, hehehe. Had a lot of fun and got very muddy. First 10 miles was fab, last 5.7 was horrendous because the wind picked up and the rain felt like hail on your face. Urgh! Still, it was a fantastic day.

Next race is the Turkey Trot HM in a few weeks, so I went out yesterday to do 11 miles in preparation. Felt pretty crappy before I set off, but that's not uncommon. It usually fades after a mile or so and I feel great. Not yesterday!! I had no energy, my breathing was crap and I hated every second. I lost count of the amount of times I wanted to give up and go home. It was just awful. At about 8 miles I thought I was going to be sick, but the thought that I only had 1 more hill to go carried me on and I managed to complete the circuit. 

Got home, had a drink, took delivery of our Christmas tree from my parents and then went to have a shower and got in bed. Rolled into a ball because I had really bad stomach cramps and then about 10 mins later I rushed to the loo to be sick. Urgh!! Headache and stomach cramps all day and couldn't even keep water down until last night. Had the day off today and was still feeling pretty rubbish, but managed some dry toast. Feeling much better now and have managed to eat tea so hopefully I'm all fixed. Bleurgh. Not something I want to happen again in a hurry!!

Anyway, will do another 10-11 miles at the weekend and then it's the Turkey Trot the weekend after that. More pressure this time because I have a PB to beat now image Erk!!

• Sorry you been poorly LK,glad your feeling better now,your running sounds amazing,I like the idea of a cake stop.lol Turkey trot sounds good too.

Boxercise tonight was brill,they have just installed disco lights so its just like boxing in a nightclub.

• Quiet in here again.

BB - hard luck with the super six - dp you think you'll enter a marathon anyway?

LK - glad you enjoyed your XC, and good luck for the Turkey Trot. Hope you're feeling better now.

ET - have you done anymore runs since your cold legs? I know some people proudly harp on about the fact that at this time of year they still only wear shorts and tshirt, as once they are out running they soon warm up, but personally I prefer to toddle along at a slower pace wrapped up in leggings, hat, gloves jacket etc...

I don't really have much to report on except I've been out for 2-3 more runs since last post. I originally said I wasn't going to puch my distance any more until the new year, but have done a couple of longer runs just because I felt good on the day (a longer run for me is still only 3.5 miles at the moment)

According to Nike+ I ran my fastest mile this year the other day, in just under 8 minutes. I've also completed just over 200 miles for the year, which is still a bit piddly, but up until June I'd probably only done about 30 of those. Running bug is definitely re-captured at the mo though - still managing to enjoy it, and I know I'll start enjoying it even more when the days start to get longer and theweather warmer in Spring.

Hope everyone is well.

• Mornin FT 3.5 miles is still good. I cant imagine ever getting warm in shorts and t shirt.lol I must be cold blooded.I think its cos I w8 for the kids to go into school before I set off so Im stood around for a bit freezing up,I did invest in some long tights and long sleeved top which I am going to try out this morning,I have my hat too just need some gloves now.

Hi everyone tis very quiet,maybe Santa will bring some more mojos.

• Where is everyone?  What a filthy weekend weatherwise (especially today).  Did a hill rep session with my OH yesterday and then 3 miles this morning in torrential rain.  Members of the running club were doing Grim 8 this morning in Aldershot and I really don't envy them one bit.  Hope everyone is well.image
  • Hi Trigger yeh tis very quiet on here,maybe its cos its nearly Crimbo.Well done on your training,Im having a rest this week as ankly been playing up,spoke to a Physio at club and she thinks I may have wrong trainers,I realy do need to go to proper running shop after Crimbo and get it done properly,I thought I was saving money self diagnosing but I should have known better.image

Hi everyone else.

• Hi  guys...

Just a little motivation for the NEW YEAR....image

There is a new forum     " RW UK V RW USA"

Go on and get your names down!!!!! It's not how fast or far you can go just a matter of kicking U.S.A'S ass lol

You will find all info and some links there, So what ya waiting for get the miles under your belt and do it for the UK!!!!

See you thereimageimage

• Hey all, hope everyone's had a lovely weekend image Christmas party for me, which I really enjoyed. Very tired today though!

FT - Looks like you're enjoying your running at the moment, which is the main thing. Well done on your fastest mile and keep soldiering on image

Ecky - I'm starting to add gloves/hat to my runs too. I usually run in cropped leggings, but did wear my long ones for the club on Friday because I knew we wouldn't be going too far. Brrrr!! I always find my hands are too warm halfway through and need to take them off. Can't go without them though as my hands never warm up.

Well done for getting out there and doing your hill reps Trigger image

Hey Mo, hope you're well image

I have some rather massive news... I'm doing the FLM 2010!! EEK!!!! image Our club had 2 places given to it, so we all put our names in the hat. Names were pulled last night at the Christmas party and I am one of them. I would like to do a marathon before I'm 30, which is Oct next year and said that if my name got picked, then it was fate. So, not only will I get to do that marathon before I hit the big 3-0, but it will be 'THE' marathon. So excited image
  • Congrats LK - how exciting!!!

Well done on your runs Trigger.

ET - hope the ankle is feeling better soon.

Did a run on Friday afternoon, and due to go out again tonight, but weather is pretty mingin here, so not looking ofrward to it!

• Well done LK - our club draw for places is this Saturday - we have 4 up for grabs but as none of our club members got places competition will be fierce.  In any event I have Brighton to look forward to.

• Trigger  your in lol image

Lostkat well done...  great news !!!  now you will be logging the mile get your name on list RW UK v RW USA  lol you will have lots of mile to put on ....image

I'm ok thanks just suffering with tight calfs..image

Glad your all well back later

• Great news LK

confession time - I've not run for 3 weeks, don't know what the hell is wrong with me.  I have a 5miler on Boxing Day - don't think I could manage 1mile at the momentimage 

• Oh no Kwala - consider this a boot in the bum!

Me thinks you should go for a run tonight come what may - go as soon as you're home from work. Just go for a mile, or once round the block or whatever and see how you feel.

I missed my run on Monday, as I felt really crappy, but was feeling better last night so went and did 3.5 miles -  still can't wait until after the midwinter solstice - roll on ligter and warmer evenings!

• Come on Kwala you can do it!  Just put a mojo on your Christmas list!

Just over 4.5 miles for me last night but when I'd finished pf was playing up.  Not too happy about that but after a warm shower and a good night's rest it seems no worse this morning.  Maybe it's just something I have to bear.  Am ok so long as it doesn't stop me running!

I'm with you on the midwinter sostice FT can't wait until we start seeing the days getting longer.  Wouldn't be any good living in those countries that don't have much daylight!

• You will be pleased to know I dragged my sorry butt out last night, did about 1.7miles, was a struggle, but at least I got back out there. Might even go out again tonight!
  • Well done Kwala.  Look forward to hearing about your run tomorrowimage
  • Didn't get out tonight after all. forgot the old man was off out, and I had a million errand to get through. I have netball tomo, and may be out on Friday, so won't fit another run in until the weekend
  • Kwala - well done on getting out the other night! Shame you couldn't make it out again, but so long as it's for a bona fida reason, as oppose to lack of mojo. Make sure you make time for your weekend run. And don't worry about distance or time - at this time of year it's a big achievement just to get out there and do something - and if you can drag yourself out for 2 miles now, just think about how easy (and enjoyable) it will be to go out for a run on a nice sunny, warm (but not too hot) spring day!

Trigger - apologies for being a bit ignorant on the PF front, but sounds like you may have found a way to manage with it.

Where's everyone else?!

• Well done on getting yourself out there Kwala. Like FT says, it's an achievement just to get outside when it's cold and dark out there. Don't be too hard on yourself chicken image

Sorry to hear you pf is still playing up trigger. Hopefully more hot baths and rest will keep it under control. 

I'm being lazy this week and only running Tues & Fri with the club to give me plenty of rest before my HM at the weekend. Feels quite nice actually image

• LK - sounds like a sensible taper to me! Good luck with the race!
  • 5.5 miles for me last night and hopefully 6 tomorrow.  PF is a really strange thing - some day's good, some days bad.  Hope everyone is well.  Good luck with your run on Sunday LK - is it Bedford HM by any chance?
  • No it's the Turkey Trot in Keyworth (Notts). Thanks though image
  • Race Report LK?

I had a sudden spike in mojo this weekend. Finished work at lunch on Friday - it was a cold day, but with blue skies and sunshine and kind of crisp - ran my furthest this year, doing 4.67 miles and still did it at around 8:30 miles - felt great afterwards!

Then, went out again on Sunday morning - It was still really frosty, but not icy, if you know what I mean - did a very lazy and laid back 2.2 miles.

----- but 3 weeks ago doing that sort of distance would never be easy, it would still be hard work!

I guess it was good for me to do a couple of runs in daylight, and I feel like I've made a bit of a breakthrough too.