for all new runners .....

1355356357358359361»

Comments

• Sorry to hear about the pain Ecky - hope things improve soon.

How did running club go FT?  Plenty of advice and inspiration?

Worked on getting the marathon training schedule together yesterday - starts tomorrow with 3 miles, 3 miles on Thursday and 5 on Sunday.  Also am going to cross train this time - swimming for me!

Hope all is well with everyone elseimage

• FT - hope you enjoy running club tonight

LK and trigger - well done on your fab PBs

Ecky - I'm sure a couple of lbs Chrimble weight shouldn't make that much difference, it may be worth getting to a fizz to see if there's some underlying problem - and get some exercises to sort it. Cyclng is a good substitute to keep up fitness while your legs/feet are causing probs though - take care on the icy roads though

As for me - just as ankle is ready for a little bimble, sore throat and cold have settled in image I'm back to work tomo, so not much chance of fitting a run in before next year now image
    Let's hope 2010 is a better year for me image
  • Thanx Trigger and Kwala,I am thinking of doing a bit of cycling to keep fitness up,I am still a good 3st overweight tho and Im sure it cant be helping,Im guna sort out a fizz when I get some dosh,may ask at running club.

Hope you have a better year in 2010.

• Well, day one successfully completed - all 3 miles!  Felt like a real lardy out there - can't believe that I've ended the year just 1lb lighter than when I started watching my weight in February - what a complete joke.  Regime starts in ernest when I return to work next Monday.  Until then there's some unfinished

Mince Pies, Quality Street, Roses, Heroes, Celebrations, Nuts in shells, cashew nuts and copious amounts of wine

to wade through - it's a dirty job but someone's got to do itimage

• Im trying to wade through all the bad stuff too,I have gained 9lb since I started losing last Jan so am quite gutted,on the good side tho,my ankle feels better today,not been out running yet but have done some low impact exercise and it feels a lot better than it did. well done on your 3 miles.

Hope everyone is ok.

• Happy New Year!

3.5 miles for me yesterday, rest day today and a swim tomorrow before 5 miles on Sunday - let the journey commence!  107 days to go until Brighton Marathon!  image

• Hello all and happy new year! Running club didn't happen in the end - ended up arguing with Mrs FT againimage so I didn't go -  gutted as I'd been looking forward to it for a few days

Will try again this Monday though.

In the meantime been out on a couple of 3.5 mile runs with fancy new Nike+ sportband thingy, plus some spangly new running gloves that me mum bought me!

Hope everyone is well - it's a really bummer trying to be conscious of your weght at this time of year, as it's even harder than usual to refuse other people's hospitality, but new year is a good time for a new beginning - hope every one succeeds with their 2010 goals and looking forward to giving a receiving support of those goals through this thread!

• Hope you get to running club on Monday FT - this time of year brings all sorts of pressures with it.  Had hoped to swim tomorrow but just checked opening times and the pool is closed for maintenance.  Will have to hit the cross trainer instead - oh well, there's always next week!image

Back to the scales tomorrow - mmm not looking forward to that too much but I have enjoyed what I've eaten on the way LOL!

• image HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.      ,FT sorry you didnt get to running club,theres always another time,Christmas is a bugger for stress.Well done on your runs,I got the Nike chip thing but I pinch my daughters Ipod thingy,its realy good tho isnt it.

Trigger,well done on your runs,bummer bout the pool,bet you cant wait til your marathon,Im going to put my name down for the London ballot this year,by the time I get a place I may just be ready.Dont worry bout the scales,you have to enjoy Christmas.

I am realy pleased at the mo,ankle seems to be getting better with new trainers,still taking it easy but not having half the problems I did before,joined SW again on Weds too,drove on New Years and went to party with sw curry and rice so managed to keep on track,been for couple of runs and a bike ride(which nearly killed me,not been on one for 20 odd years and forgot you can change gear when going up ruddy great hills). Gave my m8 a laff when I turned up at her house and couldnt even say hello.lol

Going for a little plod tomorow see how I get on,may start going for a swim again too,I used to enjoy that.

•  Happy New Year everyone!! image

Looks like your training is still going well Trigger, well done!! Our swimming pool is closed at the moment too. Seems quite a few shut over Christmas for a refurb.

Sorry to hear you didn't make it to running club FT image Ours has been cancelled over Christmas, but there have still been a couple of arranged walks/runs if people felt like getting out and about over the festive season.

Glad you're feeling better Ecky and that your ankle seems to be getting better now. Just make sure you take it easy and do warm up/cool down + lots of stretches afterwards. Well done on the bike ride too... I always forget how much it hurts your bum! I swear it never used to do that when I was little.

Right, I'm going to make a decision and hope that nobody minds... This thread has been going for 4 years now and it's over 10,000 msgs long. It's a bit of a beast. I'm going to start a new one for 2010. Will link back to this one, but I really think we need a fresh start. Who's with me?

Link to new thread:

NEW THREAD!!!!