for all new runners .....

Comments

• waves

did a hilly half
    made a chrissie cake

thats about it really
  • AlbionAlbion ✭✭✭
    Hi HP
    How did the half go ? was you pleased with the way you ran it / time etc !

xmas cake ? god your good - I go as far as getting it from the shop !

• Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself - been lurking on the forum for a couple of weeks now without posting.

Only been running for about 4 weeks, got myself on a run & walk schedule building up to 30mins/5k running.

Hoping to get myself fit enough for a bit of racing - managed to lose 1/2 stone already.

Anyhoo, that's me!
  • Hey guys, hope everyone had a good weekend. Did the Nike 10k round Hyde Park yesterday (sitting at a desk all day today is doing wonders for accumulating stiffness in the legs!!) gorgeous weather, was a superb day. It was also across the road from Harvey Nicks... shoe shopping afterwards! Does life get any better?!
    (And was aiming for a pb in the race, had a target time which I also managed to beat so really pleased! So pleased I've now entered another 10k in 3 weeks!)
  • Hi Mr Toad - welcome!!

Clarej - glad you enjoyed the Nike 10k. Shoe shopping - heaven!!!!! ;o)
  • Lo mr toad!

Albion-i did 2.16.54, my second fastest half ever
    so yeah-pleased even though the time sounds carp
  • Hooray, have finally got round to posting a pic!! although did get collared in the process... had better get on and do some work now! Or perhaps go for lunch first... ;)
    Hi Mr Toad - enjoy! And well done on the weight thing - keep going, the people and races are brilliant fun!
    Speaking of fun, has anyone signed up for the RW party in January?
  • Hiya all!

I only ran on Saturday, decided not to tempt fate by trying to run two days in a row and so planning on going out tonight, after podiatry appointment. At least if i write it down here it will make me feel like i have no choice but to go!!

Clare- a good 10k and shoe shopping? Some races just have it all heah!!! Sounds like my idea of heaven.

Hi Mr Toad!! Hope the running is going well, I am a recuperating (fingers crossed) runner and so am starting back at the beginning. Taking it nice and slow!
  • AlbionAlbion ✭✭✭
    welcome to the thread mr toad - lost 1/2 stone ! thats really good !

I got weight watchers tonight ! great ! didnt go last week so lets keep fingers xed !!

PH - fantastic time on your 1/2 - dont think I would be that quick !!

Clairej - well done on the nike10k - heard some good things about it - sounds like it was good - and shopping after - who could ask for more ?!
    what 10k you doing in 3 weeks ?

Choccy - hope the run goes well tonight - I am having a night off as I went sat and sun so night off tonight and a mexican dinner after weight watchers - yummee !!!!
  • AlbionAlbion ✭✭✭
    Jog it in - where are you ? havent heard from you since your run ? everything ok ?

Keep us posted ..............
  • The run in 3 weeks is to save the rainforests, round Regent's Park. At this rate I will have run round all the royal parks of London by Christmas!

Good luck to all losing weight, doing weight watchers etc - I used to do Slimming World which I found really tough, always thought Weight Watchers seemed an easier way to go (at least you can calculate your points rather than having to carry a bible of sin values around all the time - no fun on weekends away!)

Would definitely recommend the Nike 10k - the best atmosphere of any run I've done so far (although gutted that South London won! Must try harder next year!)
  • Clare- was wondering if you were thinking of the Mornington Chasers 10k in January then? Was thinking of coming down for it but not sure if my friend is going to pull out at the last minute.

I am rubbish at lap races so thought could be good experience, and get to come to my second home!!!

Good luck with WW Albion, I would not have the courage to go to a group like that, would prefer to eat Choccy-eclairs!!!
  • Choccy, when is the Mornington 10k in Jan? Doing a half marathon on 21st Jan, so if it's a different weekend will happily join you! Would be nice to do a run with someone for a change!
  • Clare- Mornington is the 7th of January through Regent's park. as I said laps. Would love to have some company! Have not entered yet, but if you would be interested.....
  • Up for that, will let you know when I've entered. Anyone else? We could make a weekend of it...

oooh have just noticed my pic came up - how exciting!
  • AlbionAlbion ✭✭✭
    Great pic - clairej - is that the milky bar kid ?

I may be up for that weekend too - will have a look and let you know - gives me an excuse to go home for a few days !
  • think it's meant to be a cowboy, no idea really! But I used to work with horses so it was vaguely appropriate...
    the more the merrier - we can all go through the pain of a new year's run together!
  • AlbionAlbion ✭✭✭
    Hey - I used to have a horse ! his name was lemmy and he was 16.2 palamino anglo arab - sold him when I had my dirst baby !
    havent got back into yet but really miss it at times !!
  • Clare- cool piccie.

Glad you would be up for the 10k, I have not entered, and am busy hassling my friend, but I will in the next few days. Will need to book a B&B sometime soon, but would be great to have some others to run with. What would your estimated times be? Albion- please join us!!!

I went to podiatrist yesterday and I am all finished there, they are happy. She thinks my niggles are just the bones repositioning. Went out for an 18min run last night though, no walks and was great. Am trying to strike more fore/mid foot and that seems to be working well. But it was just so good to not pull up in the pain!! I am a happy bunny again!!!
  • AlbionAlbion ✭✭✭
    Congrats choccy !! glad everything seems to be falling into place - bet its a lovely feeling !! just not too much too soon ay !!!

would love to join in this 10k - my time wouldnt be too quick - looking at just over an hour ? whats the course like is it flat ?
  • Thanks Albion, my colleagues all htink i am crazy as I am now so much happier!!!

Race is really very flat, you can access it through the events section.It is January 7th, in London, Mornington Chasers 10k, Regent's park, no traffic, would be great to have a couple of us there!!
  • Glad things are coming right Choccy. Sounds good for the 10k in Jan. I live in Islington, which is also really convenient for Regents Park so perhaps try to stay around there? Nice places to eat etc the night before too...

Would be aiming at about 50 mins, esp as marathon will be looming fairly large by then. I love running Regents Park (not least because it's so lovely and flat!!)
  • Clare- let me know when you have entered, and I will too as def up for it now!!

I will be aiming for around 50mins as well as this is first race am planning now and then wanting to half marathons in the first half of the year.

I miss running in Regent's park, havent been in years!!
  • Clare, Albion- I have entered. Come on you know you want to.....

...Anyone else who would like to join us? Jan 7th, Regent's park, London.
  • Howdy Everyone!
    I am alive still after the Nike 10k..
    sorry just didn't get much time on here yday...
    Nice to hear peeps enjoying their runs at the weekend .. well done,
    Yea the South won!! ..I am chuffed to bits with my time, I entered my target as 59m and came in at 57.28!! I even received a text message after to let me know! Best organised 10k I have run so far, although the hill at the end was a bit scary!!
    Hey ClareJ I am thinking of the Rainforest run at the end of month? I like Regents Park.. let me know who else ??
    But I am keen to do the other on 7th Jan? That will burn off all those Chrimbo Calories !!
  • Well done Choccy, will do mine v soon.

Whilst on the subject of group activities, is anyone thinking of going to the RW party on 13 Jan? Am very tempted, potentially good fun, would be good to have a wee gang of newbies as well as the established RW forumites?
  • AlbionAlbion ✭✭✭
    Call me stoopid but what is the RW party and where ?
  • AlbionAlbion ✭✭✭
    Well done jog - great time ! seems I need to speed up a bit ???!!!
  • Jog It- 7th of Jan is round Regent's park so nice and flat.
    Clare- was thinking about the party but just not sure if can come down again so soon, but looking forward to reading about it.
    Albion- RW party is for all forumites who would like to meet in person and have a bit of a wee party!!