• Options
    martin
    Reiki IS gentle

let us know how it goes
  • Options
    tks guysxx, she's a part time boxer.
  • Options
    How did the Reiki go?

I'm off to get me some reiki tonight as I have had a rough time of it lately emotionally. (******* men!)
    I will let you know how it goes!

Shorty
  • Options
    hi folks, the deed is done, first time reiki and Im still here to tell the tale. nice relaxing bed with soothing music, was I in heaven? I felt her hands before she started cold, did the energy thing for about half an out and actually told me the area which seemed to be giving me the problem right down to the knee. after the treatment her hands were red hot rather funny i thought. I felt totally at ease and will go back again as I can't loose anything can I. got to confess that I had done 100 lengths down at the pool before I went and had physio after the sess with the reiki healer. lets hear what the gang think;0)shorty, we,re not all the bad r we???
  • Options
    Martin,

Only the ones i seem to fall for. I am still holding out for my knight in shining armour though! I am sick of them wasting my time! Grrr!!

Other than that, I'm really glad the Reiki relaxed you & was worth it. Lets hope mine works tonight too! :o)
  • Options
    Following these posts with interest, and if I can just raise my head above the parapet a little nervously...I am a natural sceptic, but in my opinion healing (Reiki, etc) does help in many cases. Modern medicine doesn't promise a cure for everyone either. Trials big enough to convince the sceptics are hard to do because they are expensive. Drug trials for new drugs are done all the time because the (massively rich) drug companies fund them in the hope that they can license another box of pills for health services to buy with our taxes. The difference is that when these well-tested "cures" go wrong, we suffer (see thalidomide, and the rest). What's the worst that can happen if reiki does not help an individual? An hour lost? Many practioners charge a lot less than a sports physio and most will do it absently for free. The anti brigade on here would probably never be helped by this type of subtle therapy because I think it needs a level of open-mindedness. Overt negativity is hard to deal with not only for complementary therapies, but for conventional ones too.
  • Options
    Martin...have you ever thought that your injury is being prolonged by your swimming rather than helped?

jd...as a chemist, can you explain how taking sugared water (or just water) can be work any other way than as a placebo?

(I'm really not on this thread, honest)
  • Options
    two dogs,the swimming is the only thing I can do without discomfort. as the body is supported in the water no strain is put on the area like as if I tried to run. being a guy who did triathlons Ive always found its a good way to exercise when suffering injury.taken advice on this from physio.
  • Options
    shorts,sorry to hear about the probs, hope it will work out for u. problem is that Ive met some lovely people over the years and if things had been different well who knows. life's sometimes like a raffle u can win a good prize but also can finish up with booby. good luck with yr reiki tonight, your views on it later x
  • Options
    normally I'd agree Martin, but if swimming is the only thing you've been doing for, whst 28 months is it, and you're not improving, doesn't it make you wonder?

none of my business really, and am not having a go, just thinking aloud.
  • Options
    I actually wondered that too TD
  • Options
    know what it is, op required waiting waiting waiting, nothing else, the system the cost. crap
  • Options
    ((Martin))

I'd send you some Reiki but..... oh not gonna go there
  • Options
    mrs pig, u know beggers can't be choose'rs dont u????
  • Options
    TDs - as a chemist - no, I can't explain it.
    That is exactly the point.
    I now realise there are many things in this world that scientific theory cannot explain (just as I'm sure in the 1800s, the equivalent to the Runners World website would have had a similar debate about things that we now take for granted as 'fact' and proven.)

No, I cannot explain why it works - I also know there are so many reasons why simply saying it is a placebo effect is insufficient (albeit, I strongly believe that 'belief' and convincing all aspects of your mind (and body and soul), is a huge step in the recovery process.)

Trust me, 20 yrs ago, I was exactly where you are now - everything had to have an explanation, everything had to be evidence based and 'factual'. As I go through life, I realise there is so much none of us can explain.

Good luck anyway, whether you choose to deny, or choose to believe - either way you can be 'right'.
  • Options
    I've only got to page 4 reading this, but I had to jump in!!!

I was a total sceptic until 7 years ago. My friend (who is barking)is a reiki practitioner. She came up to visit one night when I 'd been suffering from a chronic constipation that no amount of All Bran or Laxatives were shifting. She placed her hands on my gut and I actually felt the energy go through me like a tingling sensation. It was weird. And it worked! I'm a person of science and work in the medical profession and was very sceptical, but that worked for me. I was amazed and went on to do my reiki one and two.

• Options
    I went to see my lady. She is actually a spiritual healer.
    I took ages to actually clear my mind (she told me after that I was upsetting her as my emotions were so agressive). At one point I had to bite my lip as I was gonna cry. Once I managed to batten down my thoughts abit I totally relaxed & felt really heavy. She had to ask me to wake up after as the plinky plonky music had stopped & I just sat there.
    I got weird tingling in my scalp, but I didnt feel any specific heat anywhere. 20 mins after she'd finished I felt high & merry, like i'd been drinking. Weird!
    She said she felt drawn to work on my legs, particualrly my knees & calves. I said thats from my running! Cool!

The best bit was the fact she knew the moment I walked in the door that I was really strong (mentally) & my confidence has rocketed after this break up! I feel exactly like that too!
    I think I may go get me some more healing!
  • Options
    good effort, glad things r looking like they maybe on the up;0)x
  • Options
    just back after my reiki ses, I went to the pool first thing for a few lengths and then on to the reiki. hows it going would you could ask??? well I do find it totally relaxing, am I fixed?? well no, state---cronic groin injury wait for an op.I dont know myself how fixable this sort of treatment is with reiki, has anyone got a comment of experience with this sort of thing???? what cures have been done out there. not paying for any of this treatment, just out of luv.
  • Options
    We had a girl in the office who did it. Prior to a mid week race i used to try and get her to do it at lunch. It was very relaxing, i had my knee reconstructed in April 2005, and found that the creakiness and the dull pain did reduce. I also found that i ran abit smoother afterwards.
  • Options
    jamie, thats good to know, it does seem to have done not much for me but the relaxing bit i'm sure is doing me some good.