Options

Bramley 20/10 - 20 Mile

123457»

Comments

• Options
    My feet are not talking to me but apart from that I feel great.As usual the marshals win the day.I always feel so sorry for the gentle souls stuck out on a dodgy spot for hours upon hours in order to keep us runners safe.You lot are all stars.I got round in 2.32.05 -next year i will knock spots off that and i will wear a lighter hat.Come on you yellows!
  • Options
    Thanks all, I had a great day and I was so pleased it stayed dry and there wasn't much wind either! Took it steady at the start having done only one session in two weeks due to a stinking cold so I was well chuffed with my chip time of 2.32.43. I had wanted 2.30 prior to getting ill but I certainly didn't think I'd get that close and I felt pretty good too. Marshalls, race, organisation all great, I'll definitely be back next year.
    Nicko, it was very tempting to hop on the back of the bike when you slowed right up with two miles to go, although putting one foot in front of the other by that point was probably less tricky.
  • Options
    sorry about the weak h5 drinks but hope you enjoyed the jelly babies at the 5 mls drink station
  • Options
    georgegeorge ✭✭✭
    Weak H5 drinks ?? That's why I ran spo slow !!!!
    Congratualations to Reading Road Runners on a fantastic race. One of the best organised I have done, and absolutely NO criticisms - constructive or otherwise !

Thanks RRR !
  • Options
    Thanks to RRR & all the marshalls & helpers. Pretty chuffed with a 2.46 on my first 20 miler. Congrats to all who completed!

Spud
  • Options
    Excellent race as ever. Grabbed a pb for 20 miles my sins to at 2:20:50.

Well organised, so well done RRR!
  • Options
    Once again, a well organised and well marshalled race...well done to RRR...

A new PB for me as well in 2:42:43... :o)

Nice to see some fellow pirates (even though I wasn't in piratey gear...) and some RW forumites too...
  • Options
    Hi all

How are u all

I'm pretty tired today ...

My Hands are up i admit it !!

But it was real good, 4 more consecuitve 20s to go ,

What do i think about it all...

Not a lot, thinking puts me under pressure, i'm just going out there to relax and run, and enjoy doing what i do

We'll see from there !!
  • Options
    Lovely event but not a v. good run for me.

Was way too fast on my first mile but even when I slowed down it didn't feel easy. I struggled the whole way through and the only thing I can be proud of was not giving up at the 10 mile mark. Did manage a PB with 3:47 but that's less than 2 mins. faster than my 20 mile mark in a marathon! And I honestly felt better at Paris!!!

I found the second lap a bit lonely at the back. Just the occassional runner to try and overtake but everyone was friendly and shared a bit of banter as I plodded past. And the marshalls and police were v. encouraging and cheerful. I think I'll probably only do another 20 miler as part of a marathon build-up, it's just too hard to do it on its own merits.

Big thank you to RRR, v. well organised and great goody bag. Thanks to everyone who stayed on to make sure the back of the packers got round OK, I really appreciate it.

Next races for me are the Heathside 5 (will be just jogging round) and Fleet Half where I'm trying for a PB.

Footsore ginger kitten :-|
  • Options
    Thanks Road Runners, really enjoyed that one. We were really lucky to avoid the rain as well.

Saw Fraggle and Skinny Whippet at the start and Nicko at the end.

Excellent time Ratbag, you must be chuffed.

TW, did you get the cheque OK?

Got a new PB too. 2:39 something so never need to do another 20 miler again. Nice blister so I can now have a couple of days off.

Now for Taunton Marathon and if I don't beat 4 hours I'll cry. Third time lucky!

Cheers all
  • Options
    Really good day. I had a great run and ran a lot harder than I originally intended to but it has given me some confidence that I am getting back into shape again.

I was really grateful to 3 runners from Swindon (green vests) who came past me around the 4 mile mark in a little group and I stuck behind the three of them in a little group of 4 until around mile 14 when I briefly went past them - two of whom then went past me about 3 miles later! It was a very stark lesson in the value of using pacers when available and something I shall definately do when the opportunity arises in the future.

Great support and great marshalling. fantastic pub grub afterwards!

One note of constructive criticism is that I would much rather pay a few extra pounds in race entry and have bottled water rather than cups. I spill cups everywhere and want to be able to wash down my jelly babies! By the end of the race I was thirsty and hungry as I hadn't eaten and drunk enough.

All in all - a great day! Thanks RRR. Now, where are those photos?
  • Options
    photos are up:
    http://www.sportcam.net/site3/public/search.php?event=669

i've had the worse DOMS (although it wasn't delayed at all and set in pretty much on the finish line) ever - ten times worse than after any of the Ironmans or half ironmans i've done. this road racing really smashes your legs up doesn't it! i guess i didn't do much running in preparation and i remember reading that cycling muscles can seize up badly when you run.

anyway, finally i can walk without looking like i've been taken by a horse during the night.

what a great race. i'll return for a sub 1:30 10 miler or ca 3hour 20 miler next year i hope.