FRIG!! In a state of shock!

I am in a state of shock because I just found out I had been doing much more on my long runs than what I thought!

I use Trailguage and a map off multimap to calculate my distance. I was using the default settings, assuming they were ok. This was until I calibrated it just there, after 5weeks of using it.

**IN SHORT THIS MEANS THAT LAST WEEKS LONG RUN WAS *NOT* 13.2MILES

IT WAS ACTUALLY 17.5MILES

AND TOMORROWS IS *NOT* 15MILES AS PLANNED

IT IS ACTUALLY 20MILES!!**

This also affect my pace - OVER THE 17.5MILES MY PACE IS 7:05/MILE (after 5weeks of running!!!)

WHICH PUTS ME WELL ON COURSE FOR A FIRST MARATHON TIME OF 3:05!!!

sorry to drag on, but as you can imagine, i am in a state of shock

Yours Truly

Jonny

Comments

• Well, I am now utterly and truly dessimated! I just checked my calibration using the OS Grid Lines on the map. This just b*ggerd up my joy as it proved that the TrailGuage default was correct and my calibration was faulted.

DAMN, AND I WAS SO HOPEFUL!!!

Jonny
  • Perhaps you could lend your calibrated version to the flm organisers then we'll all have a really good day!
    (commiserations...)
  • Hard luck, RR!

No good will ever come of computers :-)

• Add my name to that petition , Laura!

Don't worry, Jonny, I'm sure you'll get there eventually. Maybe not this year, but some day ...
  • Strictly speaking decimated means you have been reduced by 10%. I'm afraid in reality you have been reduced by 25%.

Can I suggest that you run a few races and work out your likely marathon time from them. Double your 1/2 marathon time and add 15 minutes or work out your pace per mile for 10K and add 30-40 seconds per mile for the marathon.

• Burnt out, I said dessimated, not decimated!

OK, I don't think that dessimated is a real word, but how else do words get added to the dictionary?

I am currently on 4h05min marathon pace, but when I get up to distance, and allowing for speedwork, maybe this will get to sub 4hr.
  • TRR(FFS), Sorry I'm hard of hearing. Maybe you meant dessicated.

BO
  • In which case rehydate and you'll get under 4 hours.
  • 7:05 a mile after 5 weeks of running would have been going it some though! I've been running (seriously) for nearly a year and on a good day I can manage 7:30 a mile, but there's no way I could sustain that for anywhere near 17 miles.