Chiropractic

I've just started as a chiropractic student and I'm interested to know if anyone out there has any experience of using a chiropractor (good or bad) for purely running related purposes?
I know this thread should probably be under the injury heading but I wanted to cover use in training as well.

Comments

• I go to see one on a monthly basis and have managed o keep injury free all year

I originally started going to help with a disk in my neck and continued from there – The guy I see does a lot more than just manipulation, I have had:

Manipulation
    Acupuncture
    Massage
    Electro therapy
    Etc etc

Will
  • I see a chiropractor when I get injured - knees a few years ago and ankle/foot just recently. He's an expert in sacro-occipital something or other - probably means more to you than to me - but I don't bother with the GP any more on running injuries as I've never found one particularly sympathetic. They appear not to understand that running is life and always regard a running injury as self-inflicted.

SY3
  • Jim T, please excuse the digression but...
    Sythree, I was running this evening with a friend when we came across my GP, running! He was about to go up a decent hill, so conversation was brief. Knowing he ran though I did comment to my friend how good it felt to have your GP as a runner, 'cos so often GPs see runners as a drain upon their resources with self-inflicted injuries.
    PS mine had me fitted up with made to measure orthotics (which have since been replaced) and not a penny charge to me! I know I'm very lucky, but I thought it worth sharing some good news.
    Jim
  • Thanks for the messages chaps, my motive behind all this is that I've got to do a project, its not for another year yet but I'm fishing for a way to use my running as a basis for my project. On that note, SY3 do you know what sort of injury it was? and what the treatment was?
    and WIll was the neck injury running related?
    Chears for the help
  • Jim

My neck injury was not running related - it was from a pretty bad car smash - it use to flair up during long runs limiting my distance - but not any more :o)
  • Dunno Jim - have asked the chiro.

SY3