Cardiff Marathon - who cares?

1111213141517»

Comments

• I will probably tag the slower group - I'm doing it as a training run anyway since I hope to be doing a fair bit of trail running either side.
  • Will be relying on parents for a lift in from Bridgend in the morning - hopefully can convince Dad to crew a drinks stop (should be doing the second half with Mum at her pace).
  • Runner : Marathon pace : T- time

Alan W? : 9mm : 2:00:00
    Bern : 9mm : 2:00:00
    Boffin : 9mm : 2:00:00
    STM : 8-9mm : 1:45:00

Sue : 11mm : 2:30:00
    Sweetie : 11mm : 2:30:00
    Duck Girl : 10mm : 2:15:00

Joe Peacock : ???

• I met these at reading
    inspirational

The London Marathon won't let them in for safety reasons

have a look at

http://www.micknphil-marathonlads.co.uk/

then sign the petition

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mnp4flm/index.html

then cutnpast to any other forums you use

ffs
    they let Jade Goody in
  • Don't know how to add time to list ( but I,m sure someone will, please) 9mm : 2hrs.
    Thanks
  • Duck Girl - I'll probably be able to give you a lift in. I have to pass Bridgend anyway, it's likely that I'll only be doing the arf and not the 'narf as, if all is well, I'll be doing Dublin two weeks later. I have to spend the summer rebuilding my endurance first. I'll definitely be supporting this arf at any rate.
  • Runner : Marathon pace : T- time

Alan W? : 9mm : 2:00:00
    Bern : 9mm : 2:00:00
    Boffin : 9mm : 2:00:00
    Joe Peacock : 9mm : 2:00:00
    STM : 8-9mm : 1:45:00

Sue : 11mm : 2:30:00
    Sweetie : 11mm : 2:30:00
    Duck Girl : 10mm : 2:15:00

• Sue - thanks for the offer, but hoping that Mum will be doing the 'official' half (have for past few yrs) so will need to drive in anyway.
  • Howdo arfNarfers, I really hope training has gone better for you guys.

No surprises really given how quiet this thread has gone, but my running has taken a tumble; Bern's Six Nations in the one year remains a challenge up for grabs - I shan't be completing them this year.

Lots of reasons and excuses, but the simple fact is I have not done anywhere near the miles needed; if I ran more than 10 miles in September I would be amazed (my running has been so pants I haven't even logged it!).

I picked up a groin strain just after Edinburgh which has not cleared up, cross training was not consistent enough to help.

The great news is I am slowly improving and can now run about three miles without discomfortimage - Good news for my recovery, but well pants for marathon running!

So, the arfNarf... those of you who wanted to do it, what would you like to do? If you have trained for the 26.2 I can still help you guys by doing the arf route with you, no problems at allimage - It is a cycle route after all! I can even provide a mobile drinks station!!

As for publicity, I have deliberately kept quiet since my rubbish training as I didn't want to turn the event into a farse. - The upshot is the publicity angle for a Cardiff Marathon remains intact and untainted; ready for a better approach maybe next year.

I agree it's not what we wanted, but it's not all glum news eitherimage