AARRRRRGGGGGGGG

Son come home from school minus his sweatshirt, no big deal under normal cicumstances EXCEPT he has lost 5 this term.So what did I do ?? shouted "GET IN THE CAR" !! he wouldnt so again "GET IN THE BLOODY CAR NOW YOU LITTLE BEEP" he did,
Drove to the school, walked WITH him in to school gates boy was he embarassed !!13 and walking through the school with his mum!!
went to the office to see the secretary, lost property locked up, damn. BUT he said god mum this is so embarrassing, promise I will never lose another sweat shirt hmmm we will see.

But thats not all, just heard a jump and athud upstairs and a very sheepish "mum my beds broke and it FECKING WELL IS AAARRRRGGGG KIDS !!!!

Comments

• Give him a sheet and a rolled up newspaper for a pillow and make him sleep in the shed. When he complains its cold, tell him he shouldn't have lost 5 fekkin sweatshirts and he could have kept warm.
  • What a great idea, will have to do that friday as I am on nights to night and he has the comfort of a bed AT HIS NANS !!!

while I have to stay up till 8.30 tomorrow morning, something wrong somewhere !!!
  • Oooooh

5 is a lot..

We've only lost 2 this term.
  • Sometimes not having kids seems like a blessing!!
  • Hmmmm. Another reason not to have kids...........
  • there are good bits guys
    lots of them

• Oh no doubt Lurks but it's easier to think about the things I wouldn't like than the things I miss by not having them.
  • Buy him a pink sweatshirt with glittery hearts on it and send him to school in it :-D
  • Yeah, like he won't lose that sweatshirt in a hurry.
  • Don't let him wear anything underneath it!!!
  • ROFL!

NN, don't you still sew nametags into all his clothes right down to his socks and pants so that he can't lose them?

(Nah, me neither.)

We've only lost one school fleece so far this year.

I had a little growl a couple of days ago when my 15-year-old demanded money to buy food for herself and her boyfriend because "there's no food in the house". I'd probably have been quite sympathetic if she'd said something like "we've both got a craving for red snapper and kumquat pizza and it's on special offer at the local drug-den-under-cover-of-pizza-shop place". But no food? Cheeky madam! The Cavern is better stocked than Sainsbury's and it's not as if I haven't taught her to cook.

I think they had a packet of chocolate hazelnut cookies for their dinner that night.
  • Oh I have got all this to look forward to then???? I was hoping it got better not worse. 19 month old now started to trickle water, juice, milk out of her mouth. All ready to got to creche and my course, blackcurrant everywhere. New tee-shirt, vest, cardie and trousers. Why did I do this???? Yes the kisses and cuddles and love mummy are great but what I wouldn't give to get out the door on time...... Ranted at Hubby big time.
  • Is there an age when kids AREN'T a problem...?? I'm 41 and I'm still a problem according to my mother...!!

Mind you.. I haven't lost any sweatshirts in ages, so that can't be bad....

• JjJj ✭✭✭
    I've lost three recently. Found them in my daughter's room...
  • 1 Try the naughty step
    2 Deduct cost of new sweatshirt from pocket money (do they still call it that?)
    3 Removal of privileges (phone, playstation etc)

Harsh but fair, I feel.
  • Er... are you sure they are lost? Just wondering if there's any chance they are being knicked as part of bullying? Have you asked how they came to be lost?

Otherwise definitely think he should do chores / lose some part of pocket money to pay for new sweatshirt.
  • My daughter has lost hers .........and despite the bullying she has received at home she hasn't found it.

On a serious note.......good point!
  • Actually, it is kind of nice to know other people's kids lose stuff too. I thought it was just mine that was totally inept.
    He actually lost a pair of trousers and a shoe at school once - I mean how do you lose your trousers!!!! (He's only 9 so no lewd suggestions!)

My Mum always told me it doesn't get any easier it just gets different.....
  • Batmouse, be very, very scared. I remember spending evenings with a needle and cotton and a bag of regulation name-tags, raging about how if I'd known about THIS before having the kids I'd have taken my Pill properly ;o)

My 15-year-old now gives me her sweatshirts when she gets bored with them. And takes me shopping, uses flattery to encourage me to buy myself clothes that are grossly inappropriate for a woman whose facial skin doesn't fit her as closely as it used to, and then swipes them from me once I've carried them home. I'm a size smaller than she is, but she likes her clothes to be tight.
  • Slugboy is a terror for losing things - he lives on a different planet from the rest of us, even now at the age of 20.

I started giving him a clothing allowance from quite a young age. Out of that he had to buy all his clothes and school equipment. If he constantly had to replace school things he didn't have enough money for the stuff he really wanted. In all truth, it didn't stop him from losing things - but it did stop me from getting so wound up about it!
  • sympathies to all those with dopey children - and I thought it was just me!

my eldest has lost his sweatshirt, rugby shirt and several ties this term. In the past he has also lost rugby boots, which don't come cheap - strange how these things never appear in lost property

But my youngest is the champion, he is collected from school by his grandparents who regularly send him back in for missing clothing, he has managed to lose a pair of trousers this term - but his specialty is lunch boxes!
  • Slugboy now works for the international banking division of a well known high street bank. It was 'entertaining' when he casually mentioned that he has an 'authorisation limit' of several million pounds!!

• LOL,honestly though they do make us laugh as well as cry,

we were discussing what age he may leave home in the future, his older brother left at 18 to go to university Lee my 13 yr old said could he pleased live at home till he is 25, I said yes but he would have to pay lodge, "well how much ? " he asked, I said it would depend on what he earned,"well say I am on fifty grand? how much then ??" he was deadly serious, do they pay Butlins Redcoats that much , that what he wants to be !!!!!

As for now unless he comes home with at least 2 sweat shirts tonight, I will be keeping his £5 sunday papaer round money for 2 weeks to buy another , and my brother, a carpenter, thankfully says he can fix the bed !! phew !!
  • S1 (14 ) very good at losing mobile phones and MP3 players - she has learnt lesson with MP3 and doesn't take it to school (like I told her) the only phone she manages not to lose is a very old one (she needs phone as lives fair distance from home and I panic) guess what's on Christmas list, trouble is she wants a decent one and last time we did that bullies "relieved" her of it within days!
  • Lives fair distance from school I meant to type
  • Oh great am off to stick my head in gas oven.... oh no I can't its not connected yet. I suppose I can't say anything, I lost stuff for school too. My cousins horse ended up killing my school tie. Couldn't find a leadrope. Used my tie, horse jerked its head back tie ripped. Told mum I lost it when in fact threw it in the bin. She went on for days... until my brother dug his out. Said chris -s rocks on it and got mick taken as others thought it was the greasy, smelly boy from another class.

What stitching, what name tags, Oh my God you still gotta do that????

• Have decided to eat myself to death instead. Now going for large bag of maltesers.......
  • batmouse , biro on a label is fine :-)
  • A question. It is clear that many of us have children. It is clear that many, if not all, have lost or are losing items of clothing. I am sure that our children are pretty representative of the rest of the UK.

So WHERE THE F**K IS ALL THIS LOST CLOTHING GOING?